Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Five

I haven't participated in this linkup in a while and since so much is going on lately figured I'd just dump it all here.  A hodgepodge and not necessarily fitness related, so my apologies there.

1.)  The DIY of our master bedroom is coming together.  I'm still a bit nervous and we're doing testing of the stain dilution now.  Once these dry, we will make the executive decision as to what dilution of the stain to do.  We're also picking out paint tonight and hopefully we can start on that by Sunday.  Chris and I are having a 'discussion'.  He wants like a dark green (that's soooo 90s) and I'm hoping for a mix between lilac/lavender purple with greyish hues.  Hard to describe.   So we will have to make a decision.  I personally think that green and brown floor (technically espresso colored) will look like a forest.  We will see who wins this battle.  LOL  Expect a mega epic DIY post once we finish this.


2.)  This Superhero Workout Game came across my facebook feed yesterday and as soon as it becomes available for Android, I think I'm going to give it a whirl.   It's made by the same people that made Zombies, Run!  So therefore it should be awesome just on principal!

3.)  The only major catastrophe that has happened since our bedroom remodel has been my closet.  Now, my husband and his brother are smart men.  But sometimes men have the dumb.  This was one of those times.  They had taken the closet door off the hinges when applying the concrete and didn't put the door back.  They sanded the concrete to smooth it out........without removing the clothes inside.   Mr. Skinny Geek says to just dust everything off and go, but that's microscopic concrete!  So guess I'll be doing a shit-ton of laundry this weekend.

Hard to tell but there is a fine white coating.  Over every damn thing and that is not the whole closet either! This will be about 12 loads worth, plus all our normal laundry so, um, 15 ish total.
4) And this is a big one.  I signed up for Fleurty and Fit's End of Summer Challenge starting on Monday for 6 weeks. 

The 'plateau' I've been on is bullshit.  Honestly and seriously.  When I take a step back and look at it realistically, yes, the weight hasn't changed, yes, I'm still an exercising fool but also, YES I can be doing better with food.  And beer.  What I've been doing lately is maintaining.  I need to get back to the basics of what I was doing before.  So here are my goals.  Our first challenge (pre-challenge challenge) was to write your goals down and stick them on the fridge.  Here are mine:


Look at #1 and cry with me.    Farewell sweet flowing nectar of the gods.  See you in 6 weeks!


(I finished off this one last night.  Last of the 6 pack so I'm not going to buy more so technically it will be 6 weeks and 4 days til I *can* have another).

Oh and by the way, if you want to join the challenge, there is still time!  Head on over to Fleurty's page and let her know!

5.)  This sweet looking kitty.  Don't let him fool you.  He is evil incarnate.



This cat right here.  Since Chris and I have been sleeping in the middle of our kitchen/dining room/living room.  Everytime we roll over, or get up to pee, or just stir he decides "Oh! Mommy and Daddy are getting up so it must be time for food!"  SOOO when we don't actually get up and feed him, he finds paper.  And then he starts ripping the paper.  Then he looks at us to see if we heard.  Then he rips more paper.  Until we get up and yell at him.  5 minutes later.... deja vu.  For a week and a half now, our sleep has been interrupted by Sir Doyle of Douche-iness.

We even make sure to hide all traces of paper before we go to bed each night.  He must have a secret stash somewhere.

Have a good weekend, everyone (making this Forest Green to deter my hubby should he see this...see, isn't it ugly?

28 comments:

  1. Oh man I am so getting the superhero workout game.That looks awesome!

    Men. That made me snort laugh. "What's the big deal, it's just dust!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it really does! I'm going to download it too when it comes out too!

      UGH, don't even get me started. I am STILL doing laundry!

      Delete
  2. Bahahahaha! Sometimes men have the dumb! I am stealing that line. And looks like a good challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks OCP! Steal away because it's true and (because I'm still bitter that I'm STILL doing laundry!)

      Delete
  3. Oh man, that's terrible about the "dusty" clothes! But I must say, I am so very jealous of your closet! It's sooooo big and organized.

    Thank you for posting about that challenge--I think I'll sign up for it as well. I need a kick in the pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks. My closet is the one thing I'm majorly OCD about. Chris just threw everything on top of the shelves though but normally that looks a bit tidier.

      Delete
  4. Anytime you feel tempted to buy a 6 pack, or have a beer at a restaurant, you should put aside the money you would have ended up spending & buy yourself something nice at the end of the challenge. Good luck, you'll do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you win the color battle :) I agree you don't want to be sleeping in a forest! Can't wait to see the finished project :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I thought I replied to this! So sorry! Yea, I'm anxious for it to be done too!

      Delete
  6. Oh my god I love that Cat! LOL Sorry, I know Doyle el Douche must be hard on sleep, but it just makes me feel better about my cat who wrecks everything for shits and giggles too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yea, Doyle can be a class a rotten prick in the early dawn hours but sweet as he can be the rest of the day (except when Oz is around!)

      Delete
  7. No, not that sweet kitty! ;) I can't wait to see the final remodel. And I think the challenge idea is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a little shit! Jonesy pulls crap like that too. He bats stuff around or plays in a bag though. Cats man, too smart for their own good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe they didn't take down or cover up your clothes!! Ahhh!!!

    And what a little brat Doyle is being! That's why on work nights we don't let the cats sleep with us. Flynn wakes us up anytime between 3-5 am to feed him, even if there is food in his bowl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Men! Hrmph!

      We tried to kick them out and they were holy terrors then too. Meowing and clawing outside the bedroom door. So needless to say, we let them back in.

      Delete
  10. You crack me up! "Sweet flowing nectar of the gods," LOL! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm joining the challenge too, but won't be doing No#4-I will go mad if I do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad you're going to do it with us! Yea, I put that down and now I'm second guessing it!

      Delete
  12. Good luck with the bedroom project. It's better to maintain then gain so that is a good thing even though the scale isnt going down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will definitely have to check out that superhero workout game! Thanks for the tip! Good luck with your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful color choices! Welcome to the challenge! Stay strong! I'm doing it with ya girly!

    ReplyDelete