Friday, August 1, 2014

July Recap

Weight wise, July was ROUGH.  Up 3 pounds for the month.

But on the other hand, July rocked as far as exercise goes.  I slowly got back into running.  I say slowly because it's just too damn hot here.  I've only ran in spurts in the few mornings that I have done it.  I'm really looking forward to cooler weather that's for sure.  Other than that, I did up my walking, by a good bit.  I started walking at work much more regularly and I can get a whole hour in usually each day (am and pm 15 minute breaks and then 30 minutes during my  lunch break).

Still need to do something today though.  Soon.

85 miles total for the month!  As Blossom's brother Joey would say..."Whoa!"

I've also come to the conclusion that I'm going to stop tracking my exercise through Endomondo.  It's not accurate calorie-burn wise as my HRM/Garmin, plus it double logs everything in My Fitness Pal.  Bummer, because I love those little green men!

We had 3 family birthdays this month, including my own.  Overall my 40th wasn't too terribly bad.

August Goals -
I'm going to give 100 miles a whirl for August!  I had 85 and that was just normal stuff with not a whole lot of running thrown in, so I am really going to try to get back to running at least 2 to 3 times per week.  Now this will include everything that garmin will track for me (tennis, walking, running, elliptical)
Strength training - 3 times per week
Food - Just do better.  Period.

In other news, Chris and I had a "come to Jesus" last night.  I was upset about the scale and he came in, sat down and said that he thinks he may be the problem.  He has never really been 100% on board and doing it with me (diet, exercise, etc.) I would always just do my thing and occasionally we'd walk or play tennis. But if he is willing to give it 100% maybe things will start moving scale wise again with us both encouraging each other.  No better time than the present, eh?  So we'll start really taking a hard look at places where we need to change and go from there.  Hoping to get him on board sooner with this rather than later.

Here's a few pics from July:




In other Nerdy news - I bought this awesome tank to wear and all these wonderful new bondi-bands


I'm definitely looking forward to August though and maybe making a few changes and tweaking some things here and there to see if I can get the weight to start coming off again. 

So glad today is Friday!  We should have a pretty awesome weekend planned.   House cleaning tonight, Guardians of the Galaxy tomorrow morning, then afterwards DnD with friends.  Sunday will be meal planning and resting!    Also some gym time thrown in the weekend mix too.  (No tennis though, all the instructors are on vaycay. )  We may go hit a few around though from time to time next week.   Have a good weekend everyone!

How was your July?  Did you guys reach all your goals this month?


26 comments:

  1. Aww...Chris definitely gets husband points for committing to getting totally on board. I have to give a ton of credit to my husband. Without him giving 110% (he hates when people say 110%) I would not have been very successful either.

    Wow! You did burn up the exercise in July :) Hope your August brings some serious downward movement on the scale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Yea, I'm really hoping he does get on board too. He has issues with high blood pressure (hereditary) and losing some weight can only help him in that regard.

      Delete
  2. You've got this! Go make August your bitch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't set goals, except the broad one of 'doing the best I can.' But I'm in maintenance, so that's probably why. :)

    Glad your hubby is on board! Even if they don't eat what we eat, it's SOOO helpful to have them not sabotaging our efforts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I have to have goals. I need something to aim for each month whether it be how many steps I do each day, or how many minutes I exercise. I need the accountability.

      Delete
  4. Great job on the exercise for July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great exercise month! That sounds like a good convo with Chris - I hope that helps you. I'm so jealous of Guardians. I can't convince Tara to come with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh if Tara won't go, then go by yourself! (But I think even she would like it.....!!!)

      Delete
  6. I came close to logging 200 miles this month and my scale moved down 1 lb :(
    My son just moved back home and well... mama's been a cooking fool! and... eating. My bad.
    Glad Chris is on board now. My husband is not, in the being he was very supportive and even exercised for a whole WEEK LOL but now all he wants to do is complain about NEEDING ice cream every night. ugh! grr and all that jazz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1 lb is better than nothing though! Sorry you've been stuck but I'm right there with ya! Yea, Chris is supportive yes, but it just really makes a huge difference I think when they actually do it with you.

      Delete
  7. Wow - I bow at your feet on the exercise - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got this!!! I KNOW the weight will start coming off this month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at all that exercise! GO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so hard to have that conversation with your spouse about getting more support for lifestyle changes. Kudos for you! It can only help to have your best partner and teammate in this with you, right? Great job with the activity!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG How did I miss this post on Friday? weird. But I hope you had an awesome weekend, it sounds amazing! I can't wait to hear about Guardians of the Galaxy. And good for Chris and the "come to jesus" talk. You will do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seriously love that tank! Here's hoping Chris can find some of that motivation you obviously have buckets of, I mean seriously, you killed the workouts this month! Can't wait to see what you do with August!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE that tank. You'll kick August's butt, I have no doubts. :)

    ReplyDelete