Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams


As someone who has suffered from depression and have seen others around me who have suffered, Robin Williams death has hit me hard.  I've been hit hard by other celebrity deaths but not like this one.  Mr. Williams was a living icon.  I grew up with him.  I watched Mork and Mindy and eventually and eagerly watched as he started making films.  I remember Popeye and The World According to Garp.  Of course the classics just started rolling out and sure he could do comedy but then you get moments of compete awe in his performances... John Keating from Dead Poets Society.  His role in What Dreams May Come.  Patch Adams.  Sean McGuire from Good Will Hunting.  Flubber.  Jumanji.  Peter Pan in Hook.  The Fisher King.  Even the Genie in Aladdin.  The lesser movies too (One Hour Photo and Insomnia) just showed his range and talent.  

Sometimes the ones that shine so bright are the ones with the most demons.

O captain, my captain.

Rest in Peace.


14 comments:

  1. It's so sad. I still can't process it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm having a tough time with his death. This one hit me hard.

      Delete
  2. So Sad. I really hoped that it was a hoax like the mrs doubtfire 2 things on fb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping it was a hoax too. I think he really was going to do a Mrs. Doubtfire 2 though. It was in the works. So sad.

      Delete
  3. When i first heard from a friend i thought it was a hoax. Still so hard for it to soak in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised by how very sad I felt when I heard this. Usually, celebrity deaths don't hit me hard. But I'm still really sad about him.

    Mental illness is so very tough. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too. This one is really hard to wrap my head around.

      Delete
  5. Still so sad about this. He was one of my favorites. It's too bad he didn't know how much we all loved him before it was too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. We can only hope that he did. His demons may have just been too much for him to bear.

      Delete