Monday, August 18, 2014

The color war has ended and a victor has been proclaimed (along with a weekend recap too)

Of course, if you follow me on Instagram, you know who won.  :)  But for those who don't.  Here's what I we decided on.


Yay!

I think it came out really nice too (more on that in a few).

I did good last week with exercise.  Walked every day M-F and then did a bit extra some days (Mr. Skinny Geek walked with me twice! - It's a start!), and some days not.  (I miss my little green men from Endomondo!) and since I can't get Garmin Connect calendar to work right with my activities, you'll just have to take my word for it.  The weekend however, was so jam packed that I didn't quite get any exercise in.  Unless you count painting, because my arms sure are sore today from doing that. 

The good news is that we are on the downhill stretch with The Great Bedroom Remodel of 2014 and the end is in sight.  Plus there isn't much left for me to help with so I can get back to my routine.  And tennis is back in full this week as well.  All the instructors are back and I'm ready!  I'm glad I was able to get at least 2 practices in with some of the girls in the two weeks we've been off.

I bemoaned about the laundry and I swear, I don't ever want to see piles like this ever again. 
15 total - there are some hidden in the "nook" area.
This was how I felt Friday.  

I managed throughout the weekend to get it mostly done but I still have about 4 loads to go.   I have yet to hang up anything though since the room is still in chaos. 


I had to even wash off all the coat-hangers.  Chris still insisted that we could "dust everything off".  I laughed and told him that just handling these clothes for 3 hours had me sneezing about 37 times.  The he made the snarky comment that the floor wouldn't sand itself, to which I replied that clothes don't wash themselves either.  That shut him up.  :)

The rest of Friday was more laundry while Chris applied the 1st of 2 coats of stain down on the floor.  Then after we went to Lowe's and got the paint then promptly crashed (this was like 10pm).



Saturday was busy too.  Chris applied Coating #2 and then we hit the ground running with errands, meal planning, grocery shopping and going out to my parent's house to borrow painting supplies. 



Sunday was meal prep and then painting.  Originally, Chris was going to go ahead and seal the stain down but we actually read the back of the bottle and it said to let it dry for 24 hours.  So we decided to go ahead and paint that afternoon.  Got all my food made (ended up with 5 lunches and 4 dinners and all my snacks divvied out). 


Then we set to painting.








I'll post an updated pic once we do get everything finished (floor, putting baseboards back, etc.) but I am in love with the color.  It looks more purple/lilac here but there are some grey bits too!

The cats enjoyed the heck out of the canvas tarp we put down and Doyle got a little aggressive.  (I wonder if the tarp had catnip in it?)





Anyway that was our busy but lovely weekend!  Oh we started watched Parks and Recreation too in the few moments we had a break.  Heard good things about it plus it has Chris Pratt in it.   (Star-Lord/Peter Quill from Guardian's of the Galaxy!)

Did you guys have a good weekend?  Do anything fun? I know some of you went to GenCon!  I want deets!!!

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Love the video of the cats! :)

    The color looks great on the walls and you were a meal-planning master! Love all the baggies and the containers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you won and you are loving the color now that it is up :) Great meal/snack planning! I have a bunch of veggies that my husband doesn't like that I want to roast for lunches at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Ooh roasting those veggies sounds really yummy!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a long but productive weekend. Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I went to GenCon :-(

    Sounds like your life is pretty busy right now, and it makes me think about next year when my wife and I plan to purchase our new home.

    I also managed to get my snacks together in baggies, but didn't do up my lunches. I've been slacking with getting my lunches together...

    What new games are you excited to play from GenCon this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here about GenCon, Mike! :(

      I need to look but I know I'm pretty pumped for the Pre-Sequal to Borderlands (for PS4). I need to see what actual games they are promoting to see if there is any new board games we may be interested in. I am itching to play Munchkin again soon.

      Delete
  5. I love the color choice and can't wait to see the before and afters together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! Yea, me too actually LOL I'm still a bit nervous about the floor, but I LOVE the walls! LOL

      Delete
  6. All of that painting definitely counts as a workout in my book. My shoulders always ache for days after painting. Can't wait to see the finished reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, nice work! Home improvement totally counts as working out. Your snacks sure look pretty in their baggies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GENCON WAS AWESOME!! I love the color in your bedroom, it is beauteous! And I am SO IMPRESSED that you meal planned with everything going on..I have totally let that go by the wayside this week with moving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Yea, I had to do it since we have been living in chaos this week! I'm so excited that y'all are moving in now!

      Delete
  9. GENCON WAS AWESOME!! I love the color in your bedroom, it is beauteous! And I am SO IMPRESSED that you meal planned with everything going on..I have totally let that go by the wayside this week with moving!

    ReplyDelete