I haven't done a proper recap of whats been going on in my world in a while now so this is going to be a mega post to cover all the bases!
Goals recap for the End of Summer Challenge -
1. Still hanging tough with no alcohol!
2. Water, meh, I'm not doing great with that this week. I did much better last week with it. I'll try to get it all in today and through the rest of the weekend.
3. Enter all food into MFP. Kicking butt and taking names there. Food has been really good all week (with the exception of last night. We caved and ordered Chinese food.)
4. No weighing. Um, yea, I need to hide the scale from myself. I know what I weigh and it will just have to be a surprise for y'all. :)
5. Get below 186. See #4.
6. Blog at least 2x per week. Well the bedroom remodel recaps may have counted so yea, I guess that does count!
7. Weekly meal plan. Did it last week but didn't follow it per se. (Had a lot of leftovers so it all worked out and I didn't have to cook as much so, still a win!
Exercise recap -
Pretty good so far and consistent, which is what I want. I did skip tennis last night because Wednesday at clinic, I tweaked my knee a bit and it is still giving me a little grief. I only walked for 20 minutes yesterday and I just attempted a walk just now and mustered only 8 minutes with a sharp stabby pain every few steps. Um, slightly freaking out about it. May skip the walking for today and either give the elliptical a try after work or go for a swim (I've been wanting to do that anyway) so that will keep some of the pressure off of my knee until it decides to act right. As of right now, I'm not sure what I should do about tennis tomorrow. I'll play it by ear - and it may get rained out anyway.
Tennis recap -
So after my really awesome day last week, this week has been an epic fail at tennis. Moreso at the net. I could not do a damn thing during Round Robin on Tuesday. The scores were 4~6, 6~0 (yay!) and 0~6. So only one set won. The good news is that my serves are getting better and more consistent. I just need to work out some kinks with the serve and get some speed to it. My net game was absolute dismal though. We also had drill and play Wednesday (where the knee tweak occurred). Practice part was really good and fun and then we played a couple of sets. I must have a mental block going on but every time I play an actual match, it's like I forget everything.
Other stuff -
The scale doesn't always tell the truth. I bought this shirt last year (almost to the day) to wear for our "LSU" day at work. I ultimately decided not to wear it last year, so I thought I'd give it a whirl today. It definitely fits better than last year and I'm really only a few pounds off from when I took this pic.
|August 30, 2013 - 193.2 lbs|
|August 29, 2014 - 190.2 lbs (from the last time I weighed which was 8/20)|
And here's some random pics from the last week or so.
|Made Butterfinger Protein shakes for mom and I|
|Hard to tell, but that girl is wearing slippers on the treadmill! Yes. Slippers!|
|I made the perfect Grocery Tetris last weekend.|
|Doyle says "Draw me like one of your French Girls, Jack".|
And finally today, I just wanted to mention that 9 years ago Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast. Here's an excellent link that shows pictures of the disaster to present day recovery. And another link just about the preparation, landfall, and recovery. The second link there may be hard to look at for some, so there's a disclaimer. I think everyone needs to see it though.