Friday, August 29, 2014

Week 2 of Fleurty Summer Challenge recap/recap in general


I haven't done a proper recap of whats been going on in my world in a while now so this is going to be a mega post to cover all the bases!

Goals recap for the End of Summer Challenge - 


1. Still hanging tough with no alcohol!
2. Water, meh, I'm not doing great with that this week.  I did much better last week with it.  I'll try to get it all in today and through the rest of the weekend.
3. Enter all food into MFP.   Kicking butt and taking names there.  Food has been really good all week (with the exception of last night.  We caved and ordered Chinese food.)
4. No weighing.  Um, yea, I need to hide the scale from myself.   I know what I weigh and it will just have to be a surprise for y'all.  :)
5. Get below 186.  See #4.
6.  Blog at least 2x per week.   Well the bedroom remodel recaps may have counted so yea, I guess that does count!
7.  Weekly meal plan.  Did it last week but didn't follow it per se.  (Had a lot of leftovers so it all worked out and I didn't have to cook as much so, still a win!

Exercise recap -


Pretty good so far and consistent, which is what I want.  I did skip tennis last night because Wednesday at clinic, I tweaked my knee a bit and it is still giving me a little grief.  I only walked for 20 minutes yesterday and I just attempted a walk just now and mustered only 8 minutes with a sharp stabby pain every few steps.  Um, slightly freaking out about it.   May skip the walking for today and either give the elliptical a try after work or go for a swim (I've been wanting to do that anyway) so that will keep some of the pressure off of my knee until it decides to act right.   As of right now, I'm not sure what I should do about tennis tomorrow.  I'll play it by ear - and it may get rained out anyway.

Tennis recap -



So after my really awesome day last week, this week has been an epic fail at tennis.  Moreso at the net.  I could not do a damn thing during Round Robin on Tuesday.  The scores were 4~6, 6~0 (yay!) and 0~6.  So only one set won.  The good news is that my serves are getting better and more consistent.  I just need to work out some kinks with the serve and get some speed to it.  My net game was absolute dismal though.   We also had drill and play Wednesday (where the knee tweak occurred).  Practice part was really good and fun and then we played a couple of sets.  I must have a mental block going on but every time I play an actual match, it's like I forget everything.

Other stuff -

The scale doesn't always tell the truth.  I bought this shirt last year (almost to the day) to wear for our "LSU" day at work.  I ultimately decided not to wear it last year, so I thought I'd give it a whirl today.   It definitely fits better than last year and I'm really only a few pounds off from when I took this pic.
August 30, 2013 - 193.2 lbs
August 29, 2014 - 190.2 lbs (from the last time I weighed which was 8/20)

And here's some random pics from the last week or so.

Made Butterfinger Protein shakes for mom and I

Hard to tell, but that girl is wearing slippers on the treadmill! Yes. Slippers!

I made the perfect Grocery Tetris last weekend.

Doyle says "Draw me like one of your French Girls, Jack".

And finally today, I just wanted to mention that 9 years ago Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast.  Here's an excellent link that shows pictures of the disaster to present day recovery.   And another link just about the preparation, landfall, and recovery.  The second link there may be hard to look at for some, so there's a disclaimer.  I think everyone needs to see it though.


25 comments:

  1. Look at you in your Tiger shirt!!! You look great!!! Oh wow--Katrina! That was fun, huh?? Can't believe it's been 9 years! We had a temporary red cross shelter in our church that we worked at for several weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! Yea, I did some volunteer work at the LSU Ag Center with all the cats and dogs that were displaced. It was hard but rewarding work and also a little heartbreaking when the owners never showed. But the ones though that finally found that was where their beloved pets ended up and the reunions.... Oh my the reunions. Gives me chills every time I think about it.

      Delete
  2. 9 years since Katrina? I can't believe that. It just doesn't seem that long.
    Ummm, your cat...adorable.
    The LSU shirt looks great. Definitely can see a difference and a nice reminder that the scale LIES! Kudos to a great week 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It seems just like yesterday sometimes.

      Thanks Kristen!

      Delete
  3. Great Job though!!! Sometimes with pain in parts of your body, the best thing is a little rest and maybe do some arm workouts or something that doesn't involve your knee. I feel your pain with the water this week. Totally not the greatest for that. But keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal. Yea, I'm going to just take it as it goes with the knee and hopefully it will all be back to normal soon!

      Delete
  4. I hope your knee feels better soon!! You're rocking that shirt! And yes the scale is only a small part of the true picture...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the randomness of the cats in your life and pictures. Gotta love a cat sitting on the counter in silent superiority to the lady taking pictures of herself in the mirror :) Cats. Congrats on your perfect Target Tetris! Is that a new purse I spy? Love the color for fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! Yea, they like to sneak in and I secretly think they like to photobomb. Yep new purse and I am in love with it! Here's the one. http://www.target.com/p/merona-large-hobo-handbag/-/A-15131878#prodSlot=medium_1_1
      (I needed a bigger one to hold my kindle, tablet, you know, all the important stuff...)

      Delete
  6. Great joe keeping with your goals!! I love the Tetris shopping, that's me in the cart lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alma! Yea, we do that all the time. The cashiers get a laugh at least by my OCDness! LOL

      Delete
  7. Great job with the challenge so far. And don't worry about tennis, I'm sure it's just an off week. Be careful with the knee. Rest might be what you need. Give it a couple of days if you can. The shirt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shake looks yummy. I've never made done of those things before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! It was sooo good! I can email you the recipe if you want!

      Delete
  9. Clothes can be such a better indicator of change than the scale. You look great in that shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with your goals for the challenge! Rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you! I think your shirt (and you, lady!) look great! Inches don't lie, that's for sure. Rest your knee, hope it is 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey lady hope the knee pain is better. Some days are off and some days youre on spot. It's life the important thing is you keep moving forward. You can do this. I will still be cheering you on and keeping in touch during the challenge.

    ReplyDelete