Thursday, August 7, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday a day late and a NSV (sorta)

Today I'm linking up (belatedly) with Ash, Erin and Heather for Weigh in Wednesday and also for a NSV or two!
button

Weigh in first I suppose.

New phone.  Need to remember to use flash.  It says 191.8
I'm down 1.8 from last week and am thrilled to see a little downward momentum again!  Hoping it continues and I can be back in the 180s very soon.  Very pleased with this loss too since I've been really discouraged lately.

As far as NSV's go, I didn't really have one this week (at least until Monday - more on that in a bit..) but I wanted to share that I recently reached out to 2 people on facebook that I knew in real life who had changed their lives and had consequently influenced me to start on my journey.   Not sure what came over me but I just wanted to tell them both how their hard work and determination really influenced me to start my journey back in November of 2012.   It felt really good to let them know that even though they may not have realized it at the time but they really proved that hard work pays off and I wanted them to know that I appreciated their openness and how they did spur me on (albeit silently).  I think they really appreciated it.  So I want to challenge you guys to do the same.  If you know someone in real life who has influenced you, let them know!  And then come back and tell me how it went!  I'd love to hear the reactions!

Now my official NSV is this.  A shiny new PR on Monday!  Oh so close to a sub 13 minute mile (I never thought I'd ever be that fast...ever!)



Have you seen clips from the Djokovic / Monfils tennis match from yesterday?  It's so entertaining!  click here to see the highlights.  Monfils may not win up against the big dogs but he sure is fun to watch!

And here's a few random pics just to share (excuse the duplicates if you follow me on Instagram)

Bruise still looks funky

My bed is in my living room currently because...

Chris took this week off for vacation and is removing carpet in our bedroom and going to stain/fix the concrete.  And there is dust everywhere.  I'm sneezing my head off today.  Ugh.

Are you eating your fruit today?  I am.  :)  Currently addicted to clementine oranges!

Oz, well, being Oz.

Do you have a NSV today?  If so, what is it?  

Reach out to someone who has influenced you in real life and let them know!  And then come back and tell me how it went!

29 comments:

  1. Girl, you'll be in the 180's next week, I know it! Yippy on the PR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OoO I'm interested to see what the new floor looks like. I'm not brave enough to do stained concrete!

    And great job on the loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm kinda nervous and excited about it at the same time. Hope it comes out nicely! (If not, we can always lay tile or laminate floor down!

      Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. NICE PR! :) I have no doubts you'll be in the 180s next week. :)

    Oz is adorable! Did he do that himself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope so!

      Haha yep, he's been doing that for several months now but we have yet to catch a pic of it. Luckily it was right place, right time and I snagged that pic!

      Delete
  4. WOOOO effing HOOOO on the PR! Go you!

    My NSV was yesterday with all my clothes fitting. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness i actually snorted over that last photo!!!
    awesome loss and pretty amazing nsv!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cat! Crazy kitty!

    WOO HOO on the loss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the loss!

    Coincidentally, I just posted about a major NSV: http://dreamingsmall1.blogspot.com/2014/08/major-nsv.html

    I don't know anyone in real life who has lost a lot of weight, so I'm looking to bloggers for inspiration, and you're one of mine! So thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much! I'll go check your page out now! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. That's an awesome NSV! Great job! And very cool you reached out to those people. I bet it made them feel really good knowing how they helped you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT job on your PR!! That is awesome :) Oh, and you're one of those super duper awesome people who has really influenced me in a positive way, by the way. !!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cat is insanely adorable! Great job on the PR and the weight loss! And clementines = yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April! Yea, I go through fruit obsessions and lately it's been clementines!

      Delete
  11. Congrats on the new PR and scale going downward!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to see things are headed in the right direction for you...I know I need to get things moving in the right direction after vacation time this week. I really like the fact that you are challenging your readers, and I'm thinking about who I need to challenge...keep up the great work...

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's wonderful that you took the time to let those folks know you were inspired by them--you probably made their day!!

    I love that red top...it looks fantastic on you! Great job on the NSV and the loss!!

    ReplyDelete