Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday

Another Wednesday so that means time to weigh in.   And that also means another frustrating day.  No pic but I'm up a pound from last week to 192.8.    I seem to have accidentally mastered the art of maintaining.   I can't really be too mad though as this was expected.  I had a pretty rough weekend.  We ate out a lot and even though I tried to stay within my boundaries, bad choices were made even still.   So it is what it is, I guess.


One of the main reasons we have been eating out is because this is what my kitchen/dining room and living room look like.  I don't deal well with clutter and there is just crap everywhere due to the great bedroom remodel of 2014 (carpet removal, staining concrete and painting).  That is a king sized bed where my dining room table used to sit.  To the immediate left is the kitchen.  I'm trying my best to maintain control of the kitchen area at least and keep it from getting too overwhelmed with tools, incidentals that Mr. Skinny Geek and his brother have lying around because all that stuff is seeping down the hallway and into our only liveable space.  The spare bedrooms are full with our dressers and the drawers.   Don't get me wrong though, I'm exited that we are doing this and I hope it comes out alright.    If not, there's always laminate wood, right?!  We aren't DIY types so this is a new adventure for us.


I made the executive decision to stop logging my activities in endomondo because it was duplicating what Garmin also sent to My Fitness Pal and it was just to overwhelming to go in and edit stuff out all the time.  But I am finding that I really, really miss the functionality of Endomondo!  I'm not crazy about the Garmin Connect interface.  Plus the calendar doesn't actually show your activities unless you pre-select a training plan or something.  I wish it would upload each activity on the calendar as I do it.  Oh well.  If you are a Garmin pro and can understand what I'm asking, any help would be appreciated!


See... boring!
So that's what's been going on my world lately.  I'm hoping that we finish the bedroom and things will get back to normal.  Going to meal plan the heck out of next week and try to do better with food choices. 

And since this has been a recurring battle for me and since I adored Lauren Bacall (may she RIP!), here's an all too appropriate quote.



How did you guys do this week?

30 comments:

  1. Ugh, I greatly dislike the updated Garmin Connect site!! It's so confusing!!!!!!!!! Don't let the weigh-in and remodel stress get you down, you'll do better next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it really is bad. I never saw the site as it was before but can't imagine that it would be as confusing as it is now!

      Thanks! Onto better weeks ahead!

      Delete
  2. I know how you feel...I don't deal well with clutter either! My geeky hobby room always needs to be cleaned up for anything to happen in there. The remodel will finish soon enough...just hang in there!

    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! Yea, I'm like that too. The kitchen has to be cleaned before cooking, putting away groceries, etc. I just don't handle it well. LOL I know my ADHD and OCD are into overdrive right now. :D

      Delete
  3. Oh man, I was just thinking abou tusing the Garmin connect since using map my run on my phone for super long runs tends tokill the battery. Ugh.

    Sorry you have to deal with clutter. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well here's the deal, I have zero problems with the garmin itself. In fact, I love it. It's perfect for me and I love all the numbers and data it gives me. I just don't like the actual computer interface on the garmin connect website!

      Thanks. I keep telling myself, only a few more days!

      Delete
  4. Good luck on the challenge coming up. I have joined too,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clutter is a pet peeve for me too! But it's for a good cause in your case, be nice to yourself, with the weight gain :) It's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can so relate to what you mean by the clutter. I have been trying to cook so much more, but then sometimes it is hard for me to keep up with kitchen. So today I found myself just so frustrated, and I ate way too much. I can't wait to see your bedroom redo :) Congrats on all the individual healthy habits that you have in place that are allowing you to maintain your weight even in the not so great situations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie! Yea, it's been a real struggle this past week and a half but I'm trying! I'm really looking forward (even if it doesn't turn out great) to getting back to semi-normal! Already ready to meal plan the heck out of next week and get back to my routine.

      Delete
  7. I agree with not tracking in multiple apps. It can get confusing even trying to remember which one you posted in each day. That's why I stopped tracking entirely for several months; I just couldn't stand it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for the remodel--it will be worth it in the end girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope so. If nothing else, there's always laminate that we can lay down to cover it! LOL

      Delete
  9. That's a great quote! I'm sending you a friend request on MyFitnessPal. I have a Polar HRM that I love, but it doesn't do everything a Garmin can do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just focus on the end result.....it's gonna be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Home improvement projects always suck until they're done! I'm sure it'll be awesome when he's finished though.

    I literally just upload my runs to Garmin, but don't really play around with the functionality. The only thing I've done is set certain races as "courses" and then select my PRs that I've uploaded. That's it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just so you know, I think you're doing awesome! Our bodies are just learning to maintain so when we get to our goal it won't be a problem! I can't wait to see how the floor turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a perfect, powerful quote. Good luck with the new challenge! I'm with you - I miss the little running men you used to get on your calendar. It was such great visual feedback. Have a great weekend! Can't wait to see how the home improvement project turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that quote!!

    You need to find the setting in Garmin Connect that shows your runs on your calendar. I had the same problem until I found it. Now of course I can't remember what it was! ;) I'll go look when I get to a real computer...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, I found it! When your calendar is on screen, look to the left of the header row for the days of the week. You should see a little tiny vertical bar. Click it. Voila, a preferences mode will expand! From there, click the activities you want to have display on the calendar. And they appear like magic!!

    Hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for finding this! I have been searching for an answer to this for weeks now! You rock! Those instructions worked perfectly!

      Delete