Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday


Day 3 of Fleurty's End of Summer Challenge is here and I've really been doing well so far.  I've only broken one of my goals and that was because I wanted to see what the scale said this morning.   So this may be my last Weigh In linkup for a few weeks anyway since now I know.

Last week I've been hyper vigilant with watching my food intake, measuring my portions and just eating healthier (and no beer AND no potato chips).  So I really wanted to see if I lost any from last week because I felt like I did.


BOOM!  Amazing.  Down 2.6!  It's like a lightbulb moment.  With me, it really is coming down to my food choices and the good thing is now I know how to maintain.  Now let's just see if I can keep this momentum going.  Staying off the scale is going to be really hard these next few weeks but I really want my concentration to be on my food and not on the scale.

I did take a couple of pics yesterday for the Fleurty Challenge and thought I'd share them here.



And for comparison at my heaviest:


And I wanted to report that we are FINALLY on the downhill swing of the Great Bedroom Remodel of 2014.  Here's a pic from this morning.  Tonight, we dine in hell we seal the floor with a shiny gloss.  And then tomorrow we wax, replace the baseboards and the blinds and *maybe* start moving furniture back in!


Oh and I want to give a HUGE shoutout to That Loud Redhead for pointing me in the right direction on how to fix the activities on the calendar of the Garmin Connect website!  I swear I scoured that website up and down and those stupid little faint lines were just not noticeable.  

Barely visible.  Stoopid garmin website...
Oh and one more thing!  I had the best night ever at tennis last night.  My friend Julia and I were planning on another clinic but when we got there, the tennis pro, Ronnie said we'd be doing a Round Robin play instead with people our level.  I immediately started to panic because I don't do well in game situations.  Well the tennis gods must have smiled upon me or something because I freaking KILLED it last night.  Shots were perfectly timed and well-placed.  My service return was powerful.  I even did a couple of kick ass shots up at the net and one killer drop shot that caused the other team to groan.  It was beautiful.  Because it was round robin, we switched partners after each completed set.  We ended up playing 2 full sets and with each partner that I was with, each set we won.  I think the first one was 6-2 and the second was 6-3.  But the best part of all.  I freaking got my first ace!  (Ace is when you serve the ball and no one hits it back).

Needless to say, it's been a really awesome last couple of days and seeing a 2.6 pound loss made it even sweeter.  Happy weigh in day everyone!


How was your weigh in this week?

36 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post! From your great loss (why are chips so cruel??), to the awesome tennis, beautiful bedroom oasis in the making, and who couldn't smile at your silly kitty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Anna! (Chips are a salty devil of deliciousness!)

      Delete
  2. You are on a ROLL!!! That is an awesome loss! Also, LOVE the bedroom look. The purple and tan look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound really positive and upbeat - well done on your loss this week. The difference in the photos is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! HUGE difference! What a transformation! Keep up the great work girly and congrats on sticking with us on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats my challenge partner that is wonderful. I wish I could play tennis but we dont have anything like that in this little hick town lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad we are challenge partners! Aww bummer that you don't have anything like that nearby. I'm having such a great time playing!

      Delete
  6. GOOD JOB LADY!!!! Want to share some of your motivation? ;)

    FANTASTIC job with the tennis! An ACE!? That's awesome. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoohoo!! Congrats on the lb. loss and you look FANTASTIC!! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo flippin hoo, Des! Way to kick major butt!

    Love the comparison pics (cute top, by the way). Looking forward to seeing the rest of the remodel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! Thanks, I got that at Walmart of all places and it's so comfy too!

      Delete
  9. What a huge difference in the comparison pics girl! You've got this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Taking a break from the scale is a good idea. It's easy to be such a slave to that number.

    Remodeling is always so much fun. I don't envy you. I know too well how much fun it can be. But it sounds like you are almost done. Can't wait to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, I'm so ready to be back in our own room again!

      Delete
  11. Wow! You sound like a tennis fiend! :) great loss this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! I've been off the web for a while, and man this was such an inspiring post to come back to! YAY!! GO YOU!!! and you look amazing in that tanktop (I'm a big fan of purple so I'm biased but still!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Meg! Purple is my favorite color too so that's honestly my favorite tank ever. :)

      Delete
  13. Awesome loss and great transformation :) Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome update! Tennis sounds like it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! It was! I'm excited to get back out there tonight. I'm still on a tennis high! LOL (is that the equivalent of a runners high?)

      Delete
  15. Congrats on the ace! Enjoy your tennis high! You've worked hard for it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know I'm exactly the same way...it's all about the food! If I eat right...the weight stays off...and I feel way better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the weight loss Des! You look amazing!!!! And yay for some great tennis! And my cat sits like that all the time...hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mindy! Yea, Doyle does that all the time. It's so funny!

      Delete
  18. Amazing comparison shots! And congrats on the loss!!!

    ReplyDelete