Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August recap

I cannot believe that it is already September!  This year is really flying by!

I had a pretty good August though.  Other than the heat and humidity, it's been a good month. 

These were the goals that I set for August -

August Goals -
1.  I'm going to give 100 miles a whirl for August!  I had 85 and that was just normal stuff with not a whole lot of running thrown in, so I am really going to try to get back to running at least 2 to 3 times per week.  Now this will include everything that garmin will track for me (tennis, walking, running, elliptical).  

I was not even close.  According to the Garmin Calendar out of all activities posted I only hit 61.70mi/100.  
2.  Strength training - 3 times per week.  
Only 2 weeks out of the 4 for the month that I hit this goal.  So 50% - but that being said, I feel like I was far more consistent with this than I had been previously.  
3.  Food - Just do better.  Period.
Now this one, I feel like I did well on.   I'm back to eating around 1200 - 1400 and really watching what I'm eating and putting into my body (with the exception of this past weekend and the Chinese Mexican infusion of food and margaritas..)


September Goals - 
1. 75 miles total may be a bit more realistic.
2.  Strength Train 3x per week
3.  Run more regularly (at least 2x per week).  I need to get back to more consistency with this too. 




We had a really good holiday weekend!  We got many more episodes in of Parks and Recreation out of the way and also played a good bit of Diablo 3 on the PS4, plus watched a little of the LSU/Wisconsin game until I fell asleep.  Plus we got a few things done around the house too.  It was a nice and relaxing weekend.  We were supposed to go play DnD but the weather was rough Saturday so we just postponed that until next weekend.  This was my drive to tennis Saturday morning.

We did manage to be able to play for about 50 minutes until the bottom fell out.






Here's a couple of other pics from the weekend.

I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season



And then we get through the weekend and then right around the time I want to start meal prepping, our oven decided to crap out.  Fortunately the night before, we did manage to make some leftover baked pork chops, so we have at least 4 of those for the week until the replacement heating element will come in.  (Oh Darn, I may have to eat out at Panera... boo *snicker*)



 How was August for you?  

13 comments:

  1. I might be the only person on the planet who has not had a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I don't drink coffee. Are lattes coffee? Here is to a super successful September!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh It is so so good. It's steamed milk with espresso. To me, it doesn't even taste like coffee. If you like pumpkin and hot beverages, you might like it!

      Delete
    2. You could always have a pumpkin spice hot chocolate.

      Delete
  2. A little progress on all your goals is still progress compared to nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey look at you kicking butt at eating this month. I didn't expect august to suck...and suck so much out of me. Ah well, right? Here's to September! I know it doesn't become fall in your parts until November, but here's hoping, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, sometimes we can get a little dip in October - usually right around Halloween. And that usually causes everyone to be sick for trick or treating too. Ah well, any way the cooler weather gets here, I'll be thankful for it!

      Delete
  4. Love me some PSL. I had my first one of the year yesterday. So good.

    Way to go on eating better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, I couldn't resist. I'll try to reel my addiction back to only have about 1 per month. :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a GREAT weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did really well, I'd say! And I like your Sept goals. And your kitty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some good progress! Here's to a great September!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely take advantage of any opportunity to go to Panera. :) Great goals for the month!

    ReplyDelete