Friday, September 5, 2014

#fleurtysummerchallenge Week 3

Fleurty and Fit

Morning guys!  The week sure started out crapola but has turned around nicely for me.

A few days this week I only mustered a 20 minute walk each day.  But since Monday food has been on par so hoping for a better week on the scale when I weigh in next Wednesday.

Two really cool things happened yesterday though - I hit a new record with steps and burned a shit-ton of calories in the process. 



Yesterday's exercise consisted of a 10 minute walk while Chris was working on jumping off his car -
Also walked an hour while at work (on breaks and then lunch break.)  After work, I went and did weights at the gym.  It was arms so they feel a bit like jello today.

All week long we have been having heavy rain storms in the afternoon/early evening so once again tennis was touch and go and I got in a few showers on the way to the courts.   But fortunately everything cleared up and I was able to go to Stroke of the Month Clinic.  Ronnie (the coach) only had me do about 30 minutes of drills when he noticed that 3 older gentlemen needed a 4th for Doubles so he *ahem* volunteered me.

Batman was just as surprised as me


The match (by the time I got there) was going full swing *ha!*  so I jumped right in and my usual nervous self made a couple of errors but then I calmed down and actually placed the ball well and even made a couple of nice volleys.  Until I managed to double fault to end the game.  Ooops.  I never double fault.  Gah.  So embarrassing!  But it was fun and they were nice but viscous (which is how I'd want it.  I would have felt bad if they held back just because of me).


After I got home and showered Doyle and I watched a little of Murray vs. Djokovic's match that I dvr'ed.

And I ended the day with a wonderful Cinnamon Roll Protein Shake.  I'm hoping to buy some pumpkin this weekend so I can make a Pumpkin Spice one.  That will be yummy I think.

Overall though, so far the week has been good and as long as I can keep away from margaritas this weekend I should be set.  I'm still beer-free so there's that too! 

OH one last thing. I did pull a muscle in my booty last night.  It hurt a good deal after tennis and it's still a little tender today.  But moving, I seem to be ok.  Getting up and down is a different ball of wax though.  I may try to ice it a bit more tonight after work.  I spent last night googling Gluteal Sprains/Pulls and not much to do other than rest but honestly, it doesn't really hurt when moving.   I even managed to be a member of the 5am club this morning and got a run/walk in with little issue with the pull. 

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

28 comments:

  1. Sounds like your keepin it going really well! I'm hoping to start adding in more weights to my routine soon too. Do you find the weights affect your tennis at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They affect it but only positively! I find my upper arm strength is so much better than what it used to be. (Although I am still weak there.. I usually joke that I have the upper arm strength of an infant). But even despite concentrating on arms last night, it didn't bother my game at all. Now the arms are a little sore in the shoulders today but its' a good sore!

      Delete
  2. Oh my...I am tired just reading your post. You are a machine :) Not sure how I feel about your slug picture other than I love that you are sharing what you find your walks since I haven't been. So ready for the weather to turn to fall so I can get back to my neighborhood walks. I think I might try some evening walks to see daylight :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm hoping when it gets a bit cooler that I can get back to running eventually too.

      Delete
  3. Girl--you are doing so great! Hope your booty gets better;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No problems after Saturday and it felt just fine at tennis! I think it was just a mild pull!

      Delete
  4. That is such an amazing burn! I'd also suggest googling piriformis stretches. It might be your glutes, but piriformis is often a culprit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh good thought there and yes, I do definitely need to do stretches anyway.

      Delete
  5. Doyle looks REALLY interested in the tennis :). Hey Des at least you can HIT a double fault. I can't even hit the ball over the net :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Karen haha yea, I was pretty disappointed with that but it happens! And Doyle was a good tennis buddy. At least he kept my lap warm!

      Delete
  6. Be careful with that pull. Do some light stretching if you're able to but be careful with even that depending on how bad it is. Nice job playing with those guys. I don't know what a double fault is, but hey - shit happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, good idea with the stretching for sure. I really need to do that more often anyway. (Double fault is when you mess up on your serve - twice!)

      Delete
  7. Nice job with the PR!! Your kitty is super cute! I have an orange and white tiger kitty too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you realize how impressive it is when you say you "only" managed a 20 minute walk! Think of how many people who don't get off the couch at all, and a 20 minute walk is your minimum! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cinnamon roll protein shake? Yes please! Sounds fabulous. Same goes for a pumpkin one. Please share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post them both for you on next Friday's Fleurty recap! :)

      Delete
  10. Ciinnamon roll protein shake! I'll be looking up a recipe for that puppy! (i've been totally stuck on the peanut butter cup protein shake!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I go full on obsessed with a few of the protein shakes. It'll be time for pumpkin soon though!

      Delete
  11. You should really try juicing Des...great way to get a ton of energy. Congrats on the new record!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! One of these days I may look into it. I'm "iffy" about trying stuff like that that may mess with my coumadin. I'd have to run it by my doc first!

      Delete
  12. OMG I have TOTALLY pulled a muscle in my butt before! It sucks! Glad it's better :) Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it did suck but all better now! Weekend was great! Will post a recap today! :D

      Delete
  13. That cinnamon roll protein shake sounds great. Can't wait for the recipe! Glad your "pain in the butt" is feeling better. Gluteal stretches always feel like such an awkward thing to Google. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job Des! Glad the booty is getting better! ;-)

    ReplyDelete