Monday, September 29, 2014

Weekly Recap





This pretty much sums up my entire week.

And a warning to any member of the male persuasion who may be reading this.  This post will be loads of bitching and moaning about Aunt Flo, the Crimson Wave and all the other wonderful adjectives to describe the awfulness that comes along with a woman's little monthly visitor.

I seriously can't be the only woman who is actively looking forward to menopause, amiright?  I'm cold all the time anyway.  Surely hot flashes will be nice and soothing? 

It's not always been that bad but since I've been off the pill (since 2008 when the doctors discovered that I had a clotting disorder) my periods have been HELL.  Actually that's not quite right,  about once in every 4 or so are absolutely misery.  This was one of those times.

I skipped tennis on Thursday.  Y'all know it was bad if I skipped tennis.  Plus other exercise on Thursday and Friday were non-existent.  I did go Saturday but after fell back into sloth mode the rest of the weekend.  And let's not even talk about food choices.

Or maybe I should?

I ate everything.  ALL the things.  I discovered recently that Philidelphia Cream Cheese makes this awesome thing called Honey Pecan flavor.  I devoured 2 of those along with Town House Italian Herb crackers.  And beer.  Instead of just buying a little 6 pack, Chris brings home a case of Stella.  Guess how many I have left in my fridge?  2.

Poor choices all around.  I logged what I was "supposed" to eat but didn't dare divulge the full truth of it all. 

Alright so here it is with exercise (or lack thereof)...


Sunday - Rest Day
Monday - 1 hour walking, 1 hour bowling
Tuesday - Tennis - Round Robin for 1 hour and 25 minutes
Wednesday - Week 1 Day 2 of Couch to 5K
Thursday - Nothing
Friday - Nothing
Saturday - Cardio tennis 30 minutes, Tennis - Doubles Clinic 1h 30m

Let's talk a bit about Cardio tennis.  I was not expecting how hard that was!  And for only 30 minutes!  I want to keep it in the rotation too.  It was fun but tough.  It would be easier if more than just 2 of us where there I think.  But with 2 it was pretty brutal.  She had us hit 10 balls (5 forehand, 5 backhand) then go jump through some hoops on the ground, then run and grab all our balls, and make it back to the baseline and then hit the next round before the other person finishes.  We did that like 5 times each.  After that she had us take a break for water, then we did volleys, touch the net with our racquet and then hit the next.  We did about 20 rounds of that and then overheads the same way.  The 30 minutes flew by!  After that I had about a 30 minute break until normal clinic started.  I was out of steam pretty quickly so I felt like I half-assed that one.  Still had fun though!

This is the face of utter exhaustion

So the good - A wee bit of running.

The Bad - Only 1 run and 0 weight training.  Womp womp

The Ugly - Food.  Food bad.

During all those sloth mode, I did manage to clear off a good bit on my dvr and get caught up on Parks and Recreation and Outlander (finished the 1st book and caught up on the show) and watched the movie, Nebraska.  (Wonderful little movie).

Now game plan for this week.  No more eating crap.  Start my October Challenge.  Try to run at least twice this week and do weights 3 times.  Oh, and do much better with walking at work.  Only walked 1 day last week and that is no bueno. 

This was a beautiful sunset I caught in my rear view on Friday


How was your week? 

30 comments:

  1. I also have crazy, crazy, CRAZY food cravings during my period. It's like I keep things in check for 3 weeks and then BOOM, all the things!?!?! I feel your pain. Cheers to a better week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep this week particularly was a tough one. I could not eat enough it seemed!

      Delete
  2. last week and this weekend was horrid for me for the same reasons. Migraines and the visitor? yeah....no bueno at all.

    This week HAS to be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there.. found your blog off someone else's. And I like your honesty. Nothing worse than reading those blogs where they are perfect day in and day out... Anyway, I don't have TOM anymore.. or about to end for good. But let me tell you about a hot flash! Think being in a inferno. You feel it coming , your body tingles and gets warm and you think... "Hmm, is this just a little flutter?" Heck no its not.. then the warm turns to HEAT like no tomorrow! From your feet to your head. No mercy. Heat like your in the middle of a fire pit, sweat and you do anything for air. You won't want it, trust me! LOL Here's to a better week ahead for you!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie! Ahh ok that sounds miserable! But I'm on blood thinners so I'm cold all the time so sometimes an inferno does sound appealing too!!! LOL

      Delete
  4. I too pray for the day menopause arrives...I fool myself into thinking I will get it early like my mom...but the truth will probably be I will end up being the oldest living woman on the planet with her period!!

    My PMS cravings were fueled this week by mint girl guide cookies and the availability of 900 boxes of them in my garage!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I worry that I may be right along with you (being the oldest person to ever have a period)!
      Ahhhhhhhhh Oh my. I'm not sure I could have resisted that temptation!!!

      Delete
  5. Bad weeks happen, but the important thing is to shake it off and keep going. Good time for a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OUTLANDER!
    Oh man, I have loved those books for years, since high school. What do you think of the books? I've been afraid to watch the series (plus I don't have Starz) so I don't know how the show is, although I hear EXCELLENT things.

    Ugh, I always want to eat all the things during TOM. Always. If I ever wonder why I'm feeling super snacky that is usually it. At least you moved A LITTLE. Better than nothing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very very surprised at how much I like the books and the show! The show wow.. dude, I think they did a GREAT job of picking the actors for both Claire and Jamie. Oh and Jonathon/Frank Randall too. It's good stuff. You should check it out at some point (maybe they'll put it on netflix or amazon prime or something.

      Yea, totally better than nothing! I wanted (and did for the most part) to stay in my jammies the entire length of the weekend. It was actually nice but not a habit I want to fall back into either.

      Delete
  7. I don't know how severe your clotting disorder is, but I'd seriously ask your doctor about Mirena. It's an IUD with a small bit of progesterone (usually it's estrogen that is a concern for clots) and it's WONDERFUL. Most women don't get periods on it at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby got snipped so we are good. :) My clotting disorder is Anti-Phospholipid Antibody Syndrome and can't take anything other than tylenol for headaches and mucinex for any type of cold. That's all I can take. BCP or anything of the sort is a big no-no so it was kind of a no-brainer that hubby went and got the big V done.

      BUT that being said, if there was anything I could do to get rid of these periods, I would if I could!

      Delete
  8. Okay, as a woman, I know it is plain wrong to laugh...but you have such a way with words I just can't help it :) Cardio tennis might not be for me...definitely sounds brutal. If I had seen that sunset in the rear view mirror I think I would have had to turn the car around and just stare at the beauty...such a cool picture! Hope this week is much better in your world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I wish I could have watched the sun set a bit longer but was running late!

      Delete
  9. Aww, that sucks! Sorry it was such a bummer week but hopefully you're feeling better now and can kick this week's ass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the food cravings whilst aunt erma visits, and will power, Ha, there is no such thing.

    I am seriously impressed by that workout though, that sounds tough!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate those eat everything weeks (darn TOM) but with a new challenge on the horizon, you'll be able to keep it just a week. That tennis workout sounds brutal and you got through that so you can definitely handle getting back on the horse this week! :) You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you get to feeling better soon my friend. Take it easy and don't feel bad for being off track at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh.... Periods suck. I am days before mine and I'm struggling to stay on point. I also always hungry these days. Good for you for gettin. All that exercise in though. I continue to be impressed as i haven't been able to get my self motivated to do much of anything these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, its so hard before, during and after with the periods. I hate them!

      Delete
  14. Sometimes Aunt Flo can be the absolute BITCHIEST of bitches. Ugh. But you actually did a great job working out with that being the case. And DAMN to cardio tennis--go you!

    ReplyDelete