Monday, September 8, 2014

Weekly Update/Weekend Recap

Alrighty since so many of you guys asked about the Cinnamon Roll Protein Shake, here is the recipe!

I've posted it before... somewhere on the blog and am too lazy to link back to it so I'll just copy and paste it here.  I've gotten a lot of these shake/smoothie recipes from Runs for Cookies blog or just googling, or just experimenting but this one I believe came straight from Katie with Runs for Cookies.  If you "like" my facebook page and then go to the "notes" section, I have my entire recipe list of ones that I've collected all tucked away there.


Cinnamon Roll Protein Shake

1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 serving vanilla protein powder
1 Tbsp. Oreo pudding mix
1 Tbsp.butterscotch pudding mix
1 Tbsp. Torani sugar-free caramel syrup
1 Tbsp. pecans (didn't have these this time, so I omitted them)
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup ice cubes (I use 10 cubes)

Now onto the recap.

Last weekend was much much better than the weekend before.  I stayed on plan for the most part and didn't succumb to any margaritas.  I'm still holding strong with the no beer also.

Food - I'd give myself a 95% for last week.  I did have a cake square Saturday but I did forgo a Root Beer Float on Friday - that is huge, people!   Also no chips (which are also the bane of my existence), beer or any other alcoholic beverage.  So yea, I rocked it with food last week.  I also did well with tracking and everything came under last week.

Exercise -






Only 1 half-assed attempt at a run and only 2 strength training.  Walking at work was hit or miss too since we were pretty busy and only played tennis twice due to rain.  So I'd give myself 70%.  I definitely could have done more Tuesday and Wednesday by going to the gym since tennis was canceled.  Still, that's not saying that I'm not proud of what I did do.. trust me, I am!  It's better than sitting on my butt, stuffing my face full of doritos and guzzling beer while watching tv.

Our weekend was pretty nice too.  Friday after work, Chris and I ordered from a local Italian deli again.  (I'm obsessed with their lasagna and I'm not normally a huge fan of Italian food) and ate while we watched Godzilla (the newest incarnation).  I enjoyed it!  It wasn't bad!

Saturday was busy, so I got my behind in gear and hit the gym early for some weights and then it was time to rush to tennis.  But then I forgot my sunscreen so I had to go back inside and get help putting that on.  Glad I did because it was blazing hot out there. 

Had a good time at tennis.  It was just me by my lonesome and our coach, Lois.  She had me doing a lot of different drills.  And she wanted me to try to change up my hitting form a bit so we worked on that a while and took plenty of rest breaks.  It was only about 85 but the humidity was brutal.  After working on forehand/backhand/volleys, we spent some time on my serve.  She wants me to use more POWWEEERRR (sorry, every time I say the word power, I imagine Jeremy Clarkson - from the UK Top Gear saying POWWWEEERRRR so in my head that's how it's pronounced...).  So she had me working on getting my serve toss up a bit higher and hitting it (i.e. jumping up and whacking it) versus waiting for it to come down and then the ball barely going over the net.  So I kinda suprised myself when I saw the ball actually zooming across with some 'umph'.   So now I can't wait to try it out.  She called me out on the fact when I'm back in game situations, I hold back.  And yep, she is right.  So she expects me to bring it on Tuesday and Wednesday.  We will see. 

After tennis I went to my car and let me just say, this place is packed on Saturday mornings, so when you park like an idiot, I'm going to post a picture of your vehicle on the internet.  It may not mean much but it makes me feel better and point out that this person is a jackass.


After tennis, I ran through Panera to get me a salad and get Chris a sammich because once we scarfed those puppies down and after I showered we headed outside of Lafayette to our friends house for some Dungeons and Dragons!  Their daughter wasn't there, so Chris (who is our dungeon master) very cleverly created a scenario where her character was suspiciously absent and still managed to backstab all of us (the rest of her 'group').  She will have a lot of explaining to do when she gets back and we play again.  Hope Jared Leto and 30 Seconds to Mars were worth it, Alex, because our group is screwed right now where we left off! LOL 

The added visual of a tiny bunny eating a carrot who is about to get swooped away by an eagle - courtesy of Adelle, in the bottom of the pic...



We got home late Saturday and promptly fell asleep.  

Sunday Chris had car stuff he wanted to do so I did cleaning/laundry/grocery catch up and meal prepped for us.  Then we played Diablo 3 for most of the rest of the day.  It was a great lazy Sunday and all around great weekend! 

Here's a few more pics -




Hard to tell but way down my street, my arch-nemesis are back.. GEESE!
How was your weekend?  Do anything fun?

12 comments:

  1. NNOOOOOOO geese! They are mean!

    Sounds like an awesome week and weekend! I would love to get into D&D but have no one to play with. Sheesh/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bummer, we have so much fun with DnD. It's really a blast!

      Delete
  2. There must be some good stories that led to poor innocent geese becoming your arch-nemesis :) We had a great weekend too...maybe it is the promise of fall that made it even better. You are doing great on your food! Hopefully between the two of us we don't accidentally put Frito-Lay out of business! My husband is obsessed with Top Gear - I have seen many, many, many episodes, but I can't quite place Jeremy's "power" pronunciation. I will be listening for it. Hope your week is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here are my two stories involving Geese. For the most part they are ok but they have a habit of stalking me and that creeps me out a bit LOL.
      http://skinnygeekwithin.blogspot.com/2013/09/tennis-fun.html
      and
      http://skinnygeekwithin.blogspot.com/2013/08/weigh-in-update-and-a-poo-colypse.html

      Delete
    2. Okay, I love Canada Geese...probably my favorite bird. But goose poop is bad...very bad :( True, they are a little bit creeper, but they might feel the same about me and my camera stalking ways :)

      Delete
  3. I really liked the newest Godzilla! We saw it at a Drive Inn theater in Idaho when we were on vacation! It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it too! I was impressed! It was oh so much better than that Matthew Broderick film in the 90s.

      Delete
  4. The bunny picture is just too funny!

    Great job this week! I watched our friend Dan play Diablo 3 over the weekend and it was so boring, and completely disturbing when he started killing unicorns and teddy bears! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, you killed it this week with food and such, so proud of you!! And YAY DND!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the shake recipe! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I freaking hate geese! They are so damn mean.

    And well done on the food! You are killing the summer challenge. Very motivating :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geese are indeed EVIL.

    I used to play Rifts with my husband. He was big into RPGs. It's the only one I've ever played, but it was pretty fun.

    Hope you get some POOWWWWWEEEEERRRRRRRR into that serve!

    ReplyDelete