Thursday, September 11, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday... on a Thursday

I'm woefully late with the Weigh In Wednesday linkup from yesterday.  I was sidelined with a pretty intense headache.  When my alarm when off, I got out of bed enough to grab 2 tylenol, call into work and then promptly fall back into bed again.  And I didn't wake up until 9 and then dozed off and on for the remainder of the morning/early afternoon.  Naturally since I slept so much yesterday, I couldn't sleep last night.  Ugh.  I guess that's why coffee was invented!


Jumping right to it, I weighed in yesterday after I woke up the 2nd time.  This was around 9:15ish or so.


Up .02 from last week.  And then just for S & G's I weighed in today...

I apologize, I hate my feet.  Should have covered them up.
Don't you just hate it when that happens?  You have a GREAT weigh in the day after your weigh in day.   In all, I can't in good conscience count the 2nd one (from today) as my "official" one.  So I just had to begrudgingly update my weigh in progress with the 1st. 

Onto other kick ass news! 

I did play in the Round Robin on Tuesday at tennis.  Ronnie the Tennis Pro, put me on a court to play mixed doubles.  As I was walking to the court a guy stopped me and asked if I was on Court 4, I said that I was.  He said he was supposed to play with us but injured his shoulder and asked if I would let Ronnie know.  I said that I would.  Once I got to the court, there was no one else there.  I waited around a bit and finally the other lady who I was supposed to play opposite of, showed up.  We waited until exactly 6:30 (the start time) and decided since no one else was there and the other guy opted out that we would just start playing a singles match.   As we were warming up the other male player finally showed and since it was weird with just 3, he said he would go talk to Ronnie to see if he needed to play with us or if there was a different place for him to play.  He came back and said that he was able to fill in with another mixed doubles who needed him.  So we ended up playing a singles match.  Now this lady, I've played in Clinics with before and she is nice. 

I was trying to do what Coach Lo had talked to me about on Saturday. I tried doing my serves with "umph" and for the most part did really well with them.  I did double fault a couple of times just because I'm still not quite used to hitting the ball at that height.  But, even still.  I got a couple of close points here and there but I finally came back on a few of those and ended up winning each game.  I won the match 6-0, 6-0!!!   A few times we got to deuce but I managed to pull it together each time and win the point out.   I WAS SO PUMPED!!!

1st set

2nd set!

Happy Des is happy!
Also before tennis, I ate my dinner and had a bit of chicken left while I got up to get ready.  When I came back in the living room, a thief stole my chicken.  This was the end result.






And Loki is the "good" one.  /sigh

Did you weigh in yesterday?  How did you do?

35 comments:

  1. Oh man I hate when that happens with a weigh in.

    AWESOME JOB on your tennis games! GO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, bummer, but hopefully it will still be that number next week! Thanks!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Chicken thief! Ha! They all turn bad when there's chicken around! :P

    Congrats on the match! That is so exciting! I need to also work on hitting the ball harder. I find I'm more erratic when I do it, but that's how you get better!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, he was so bad for doing that!

      Yep just gotta keep at it. Your arms will get stronger too!

      Delete
  3. I agree with you..... I do not like it when the scale jumps around like that.... but I guess its par for the course since I weigh in every......single..... day..!!! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea same here. Suck to be such a good number the day after though! Hate it when that happens!

      Delete
  4. I think that picture has been photoshopped to frame the innocent. Sweet kitties don't steal chicken :) I love reading about your tennis adventures - you are doing awesome! I also, hate when I have a great weigh-in the day before official weigh-in - crazy bodies of ours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Trust me, it hurt my heart that it was Loki's doing! He is "my" baby. The other two, I can totally see it happening with them.
      Yea, oh well, what can you do? Just hope for the same or better next week!

      Delete
  5. Lol, wow girl you are making all us less than ethical weigh-in people look bad...ha..ha.. I think you have settled it that I can't have pets. I don't share my food with anyone :) Great job on the tennis!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie! LOL yea, If that number popped up and I stepped on the scale 100 times that day, I'd totally take the lowest. But just can't do it since it's a whole day off.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I know..last week I weigh in on a Thursday (I like it) and by Saturday ( my weigh-in day) it shot up to almost 1/2 a pound.
    I really like the way you are with tennis good going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good job at the tennis, girl!!! The scale does that to me too. I am sorry :((

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job.....I imagine your weigh in will even itself out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate when the scale jumps around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG it happens to me too,, I don't know what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your match!!! And yeah, weigh-ins can be wacky, which is part of why I weigh daily (don't want to catch an "off" day).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scales are so inconsistent. It drives me crazy. Just means your weight in next week is gonna be crazy good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wednesday on a Thursday??? The madness!! But yes, that's highly annoying when that happens.

    Congrats again on your tennis victory. That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That happens to me all the time with weigh ins, but I remind myself that I moved my weigh in to that magical "other" day, suddenly it would no longer be my "light" day. :) The scale is just possessed. Congrats on your awesome tennis win!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My scale gives me a different number every time I get on it! Great job with tennis!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a cool looking scoreboard for tennis. I've never seen anything like it before. Glad your headache didn't stick around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassi! Yea, they have those on all the courts I play on at the Tennis Center. I think since they have so many tournaments, that's why they have that.

      Delete
  17. Congrats on your tennis win. I have been playing for about 15 years. Running has taken over my priorities but I still play. Your the first running blogger that I've read who plays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darlene! I actually love tennis more than anything else, so running has fallen by the wayside right now (especially during the summer) but I'll get back into running more when it gets cooler here I think!

      Delete
  18. Wow, great weigh-in even if it was the day after your official weigh in day! And WAY TO GO on the tennis!!!

    ReplyDelete