Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday

I just realized this morning that I'm very close to reaching my One year tennis anniversary of lessons/playing for realsies!   I looked back and my first post about my very first lesson was on 9/6/13.   Speaking of, we got cancelled last night because of weather.  Bummer.  Hopefully tonight's lesson will be rain/lightening free.


I know I said I wasn't going to weigh in during this challenge but I really really need the accountability.   This weekend I just made a couple of bad decisions (ordering Chinese take out twice due to the broken oven AND then margaritas.  Oh so many margaritas).  The worst part, the absolute worst part is that last time I snuck a peek at the scale (8/27), I was down to 187.2.  The week before I was 190.2.  Before the challenge, I weighed in at 192.8.  *IF* I would have stayed on course, that was a 5.6 pound loss.  I am so mad at myself.  We used the oven as an excuse instead of getting my lazy butt up to the store to buy something or I could have at least picked up a salad from Panera. 

So back to today, the scale said 189.2  (sorry no picture, I forgot my cell phone).  I made much better decisions last night (Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Chicken Salad - my crack) but with tennis getting cancelled, and it pouring out, I didn't make it to the gym.  All I mustered for exercise yesterday was a 20 minute walk.  Better than nothing but I feel like I definitely should have done more. 

So back to the grindstone so to speak, tracking every single bite, even the bad, and back on track. 


Oh and I got home last night and Oz had a cat bite sized hole in is head.  Wonder who could have done that?...



23 comments:

  1. Oh man, Loki is in so much trouble! Unless your husband has a cat sized mouth. Which would be weird. But also hilarious!

    I like the quote. So very, very true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I'm thinking Doyle is the guilty party here. Doyle is and always has been very anti-Oz but Loki is the more compassionate of all the cats oddly enough (quite the opposite of his namesake...) And yes, that would just be weird if Mr. SkinnyGeek did that.

      Delete
  2. Poor kitty!! I love his little noon on the windowsill. Congratulations on your tennis-iversary! I love how happy tennis seems to make you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog button.
    Happy tennisversary! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your tenniversary! I had a rough weekend, too. Back up and at it already, like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all mess up. You can do this and get back on track girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO beating yourself up over the poor choices. It's done...move forward. :-)

    Strawberry poppyseed salad from panera.....holy cow...SO good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep you are right! Just gotta make it count from here on out!

      Yea, it's my absolute favorite. I will be devastated when it goes out of season!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, Oz's head looked a bit better this morning. :)

      Delete
  8. Margaritas always seem to travel in packs, don't they? Good job getting back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl you and that tennis game are killing it!!! So proud of you! I found some tennis ribbon the other day and thought of you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh let me know if you make any of the tennis one. I'll definitely get one! :) Thanks hun!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Yes, he's much better now. The wound has gotten much better and he seems to not be bothered by it!

      Delete
  11. I had Chinese takeout (actually delivery) last night. Don't forget that it makes you retain water so it may have just been water weight. In my case it is probably fried cheese wonton weight though! Glad the kitty is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yea, it does that to me every single time too. I just need to say no to the Chinese food altogether I think.

      Delete
  12. I usually do a sneak peak on Wednesdays as my WI is on Sundays. I always think it's going to motivate me but I'm realizing it's doing the opposite. Either I get upset I haven't lost enough and then of course self sabotage or I lose so then think I can ease up a bit. Ugh... Darn scales!

    ReplyDelete