Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday


Don't you hate it when the scale does this?  Every single day since Thursday - 187, 187, 187, 187, 187 and then today's weigh in gets here and BAM!


I know y'all are tired of hearing me bitch about this and trust me.  I'm tired of it too.

A list of possible "whys" could be because -
  • T.O.M. is lurking around the corner
  • Not enough water the last few days
  • Not much exercise due to back issues since Saturday
A 0.2 pound loss.  Even still those excuses are likely the cause, it still just sucks.  My food has been on point all week with the exception of last Friday and a bottle of wine may have been ingested while hubby took care of the margaritas.


But that was my only slip up of the last week.

I was really hoping to announce that I would be below plateau lowest weight today.  Oh well, not much else left to say about it but to move on.

I am going to try to walk today at work and maybe do some easy weights.  I'll play tennis by ear.  I really would *like* to play tonight since Coach Lo is going to be out of town this weekend assisting her college in a tennis tournament and this will be my only chance to practice with her.  I may start out a bit and just see how it feels.  My back is better (but not 100%) and getting less painful each day.

I did start watching the first episode of Outlander but I won't watch any more until I finish the book.  I'm really liking the book and it's not really normally my cup of tea, so to speak.  So that kinda surprises me.  I'm not really a romance book kind of gal.  I do, however, like historical fiction.  After I finish this I really want to read the next Stephen King book on my list (Mr. Mercedes).



35 comments:

  1. its so annoying when the scale does that, i think they actually sentient, and evil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE when the stupid scale does that!! GRRR!!! I feel your pain! I'm currently reading Outlander now too! I won't watch the first season until I'm done the book and the season is over so I can binge watch it :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm not going to watch any more either until I do finish the book (which will hopefully be today or tomorrow!)

      Delete
  3. Plateaus are never fun. My official weigh in is tomorrow, but I peaked today and I am up. After a heavy workout week and good eating. WTF??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate that. So So So much. Especially when you know the effort has been put in and it's all for naught.

      Delete
  4. What a rude scale! But at least you have cute Batman socks :) Incidentally, one of Millie's brothers is named Batman. Hope your back lets you play a little tennis...be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! At least your socks are cute! No stress! Today is a new today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to just adjust the scale 5 lbs lower before I weigh ;)

    Maybe try focusing on low glycemic fruits and veggies--always seems to help for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo infuriating when the scales play that game! But celebrate that it was a loss!!!!!! You didn't gain and that my friend is the victory!!!!!!

    Try tennis but listen to your body and stop if need be!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! Yes, I did pretty well last night. No lingering pain so it felt good!

      Delete
  8. HAAATE it when that happens on the scale and I so know what you mean... it's like the freakin' scale KNOWS it's WIW and just likes to toy with our emotions! But that also means that you have a good jump start on next week, knowing that the scale is a little high today... hopefully the scale will be nicer next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate it when the scale does this!! I usually vary my weigh in days, because this would always always happen! Best to ya, and hope you get to feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr. Mercedes is good!!! :) I hate the stupid scale when it pulls crap lik ethat. But you didn't gain any, so yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I do hate when that happens. Scales don't always know what they are talking about.

    Love the Batman socks. Are you going to watch Gotham? I'm not normally a superhero fan, but that one looks kind of cool.

    I've been hearing so much about Outlander lately. I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to give Gotham a try. I'm not entirely sure I like the idea of watching Batman without Batman LOL

      Outlander is great (oddly enough) Once you get past the first 200 pages or so it gets to be very action packed.

      Delete
  12. As I always say, the scale is a little bitch. I swear she knows when you're feelin confident and she just decides to poo all over it. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Scales are stupid. I want to punch my stupy scale in it's stupy face. We should have a ceremonial bonfire. No, scratch that. Mine was too damn expensive for that. LOL

    Hope the back keeps feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I wish.. Chris said he'd hide it from me. But I'm too obsessed with it.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  14. Sometimes I think we should get to average the scale numbers for the week, instead of taking the evil twist thrown at us on weigh in day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, that's really frustrating. Maybe it's time to change your exercise routines or your diet perhaps? It's normal, though. It will really come to a point that your weight loss will become on "plateau".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been there, done that. I'm seeing more movement here lately than I had previously though. I'm just wanting to finally bust through that lower number. I'm eating better and watching my portions primarily and I have dropped about 5 pounds within the last 5 weeks. Exercise is very varied too.

      Delete
  16. You're making great progress!! And I'm glad you're liking the Outlander book. It's really much more of a historical fiction book with a bit of romance than a romance novel with a bit of historical fiction. The whole series is great but the first three books are just outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, I'm really digging them.. It's surprising to me that I am!

      Delete
  17. Oh I HATE it when the scale does that girl! Hopefully it will make up for it next week! Have a great weekend and I hope your back gets back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete