Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekly recap

Good morning!


I had a pretty good week last week and so far the Stay Away from Tricks and Treats Challenge is holding steady and I'm staying strong!  The support group we have going is so wonderful and I'm so happy that our little group is digging it and *hopefully* finding support themselves!  So far so good with being candy free too!  Oct 31st though - it will be ON LIKE DONKEY KONG to all Reese's Pumpkin cups and SweetTarts.   (In moderation of course..)

Food this past week.  Meh, I'd give it a solid B.  I did fairly good and make decent choices until laziness took over last night so Chris and I caved and ordered Chinese food.  Other than that, the week was good and I even made good choices going out to eat on Thursday (grilled catfish!)

I'd even give exercise a solid B too, although I wish I would have done better with running and weights.







This is what I did last week -

Sunday - rest day
Monday - 47 minutes walking; 1 hour bowling
Tuesday - 65 minutes walking; 18 minutes weights; 1h 31m tennis (round robin play)
Wednesday - 48 minutes walking; 1h 20m tennis (Drill and Play Clinic)
Thursday - Nada
Friday - 15 minutes walking
Saturday - 27 minutes tennis (Cardio Tennis); 1h 25m tennis (Doubles Clinic)

The Good - Pretty good tennis week despite the eye injury.
The Bad - Only one weight training and not much walking at work towards the end of the week (hard to do once a month when we have board meetings)
The Ugly - Running.  Totally could not drag my body out of bed in the mornings to do it.

And since I can't get enough of orange things this month and there aren't very many pics in this post.  Here's my favorite Orange thing.


October Exercise Minutes - 250/2000

24 comments:

  1. I'd say a B for food and exercise is pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still impressed you kept going through your eye injury.

    I feel ya on the chinese. Sometimes cooking is too much work and something unhealthy makes the most sense. Ah well, you're on top of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep as long as that one bad decision doesn't lead to others! But I've got a plan for the week and I'm gonna stick to it!

      Delete
  3. Wow... I'm totally impressed with your exercise regime. I struggle just to complete a 30 min walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonya. It was hard at first! When I first started I only committed to 30 minutes - 3 times per week. It slowly progressed to more from there!

      Delete
  4. A "B" grade is still better than average! You're doing great. I love our support group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. B is still pretty good! I'm so loving this group we have going. It's been super helpful to me and your daily check ins are awesome. Best co-host ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I'm just playing this by ear! I love our group too!

      Delete
  6. You are off to a solid start on the challenge. I love that you give yourself grades :) Time to bump those Bs to As! I succumbed to Chinese this weekend too...and not the veggie filled kind. I only ate about half of it though...just didn't taste that great...instant buyer's remorse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep buyer's remorse here too and unlike you, I devoured the whole sesame chicken. Ugh. It doesn't make it any easier that it was so yummy too but I felt awful after!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great week to me! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohooo for Bs!! (And I think, based on your description of your eating, that you really earned an A or A-. ONE less than ideal choice shouldn't knock you down a whole letter grade! Random thought: I'm curious...are you a perfectionist?) Annnyway, great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes, I may be a bit of a perfectionist. There were some things this week that I could have also done better on but overall it was a pretty darn good week :)

      Delete
  9. So proud of you for staying strong! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job Des! You're doing great with your challenge (no candy is a tough one this time of year) and your workouts! I hope the eye is better! And as far as the running goes...you need motivation! Sign up for the Rock 'n' Roll New Orleans 10k to help motivate you and get you excited about running! ;-) Having a goal always makes it easier for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Orange cats have always been my favorite :)

    Great job sticking with the tennis workouts even with your eye injury! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love the kitty picture....not a very regal pose! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are such a harsh marker, I'm frequently told I'm d tough grader but I would have given you a b+ maybe even an a-. But seriously sounds like a great week!

    ReplyDelete