Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekly recap

Here's a little update on how my week has gone!  First up, how I'm doing with our Halloween Challenge.


I am LOVING our group!  The accountability is helping me so much to keep myself on the straight and narrow!   We've decided we are going to keep it going even beyond October.  If you want an invite to the facebook group, let me know!

These are my goals for the challenge - (how I'm doing will be in purple).

1.  No Halloween Candy until October 31st.  (This will by far be the most "challenging" for me, especially this month!)  I had one Hershey's Krackle miniature.  I'm fessing up.  That's it though!
2.  No beer.  So far so good here.  Wine on the other hand.....  erm.  1-2 small glasses this week was all I had on Friday
3.  Exercise 2000 minutes this month.  1146/2000.   Need to step it up a bit but I *should* hit this goal.
4.  Hit the 60  pounds lost mark.  Not yet.  /sigh
5.  Keep consistently logging with My Fitness Pal  Good here too.  Still plugging away!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Sunday - Rest day
Monday - 34 minutes run/walk; 40 minutes walk; 60 minutes bowling
Tuesday - Rest day due to a wake that we had to attend
Wednesday - 62 minutes walking;1h 10 minutes of tennis drills
Thursday - 15 minutes walking
Friday - 15 minutes walking
Saturday - 65 minutes elliptical; 18 minutes weight training

The good -   Um, 2 rest days!?!  If that is "good".
The bad - only one weights and only one run
The ugly - Only one tennis session!  ACK WITHDRAWALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Food was pretty decent this week too.   I've been pretty much on track there and still meal planning on Sundays.  That's been working well as we've made enough lunches and dinners to cover us  through Friday.  (And if we opt to not eat what we have leftover, Chris and I have a couple of easy "go to" things we can cook or heat up real quickly).  I'd give myself an A- with food last week.   I did have a couple of moments of weakness (my old nemisis, Toll House Italian Herb and Philadelphia Cream Cheese Honey Roasted Pecan spread), BUT it was eaten in moderation and I didn't scarf the entire thing down in one sitting this week.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mr. Skinny Geek is pretty bummed out today.  He was hoping to spend this weekend getting his bicycle ready to start riding regularly again.   And turns out the chain mechanism is pretty rusted, which is weird because it's been in our garage and out of the elements.  Anyway, we may have to take it to the cycle shop and get them to look at it and see if the chain is salvageable.  If not, it may have to wait until after we get back from vacation. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So I have been running, regular-ish.  And by regular I mean 1-2 times per week, when I can squeeze it in.   Last Monday I was pretty damn stoked because I actually ran a full mile without stopping.





Well today I had hoped to do that again with a better mile time (I did, but it wasn't a PR. 13:30) but I felt pretty ok after the mile so I kept on going.  I ended up running a full 2 miles.  My last 2 mile run was July 4th  and it was done in 33m09s. Today's was 27m48s!!! Nice start to the morning!

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last but not least, I have been hesitant to join any tennis tournaments or leagues because of my own stupid anxiety.   But I got an email today from our local tennis pro and he is organizing a beginners league that commences next Thursday.  Without time to think about it, I shot him an email and said that I was interested in joining.  If I start thinking about it I will work myself up and then never do it and just stick to my drills and clinics forevermore.    Well I'm kinda trying to evolve out of that mentality and the round robins have helped with that.  I'm exposing myself (ha!) to different players of different levels and getting accustomed to get myself out there and just play.   Because let's face it, I need to step out of my comfort zone every once in a while and get myself out there and not let my fear of failure and shyness hold me back.   I hope he gets enough bites for it!  We will see how it goes!

October Exercise Minutes - 1146/2000

22 comments:

  1. Two full miles...nice work! Remember rest days are important...you need some time to #GEEKOUT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! Yep, always need to make time to #geekout! :)

      Delete
  2. Super excited about your beginners league. You have worked your buns off...enjoy the success that hard work is going to bring you! So, so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That spread sounds super scrummy so enjoying it in moderation is a big achievement, but not as bug as running 2 miles straight, well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are doing so well with that challenge!! And you will be super awesome in the beginners league!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with your miles and being brave enough to join the tennis thing! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for signing up for the league before you could second guess yourself. I am most impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so anxious to lose enough weight to begin running. I think its something I would enjoy. Congrats on the two miles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! I actually started running around when I was 244. It was hard, but it is do-able! Let me know if you decide to start! Good luck to you!

      Delete
  8. That's a great PR! I'm glad you joined the beginner tennis group. Think of all the people you'll meet and how much fun you'll have! My husband is also shy, but once I get him somewhere, he realizes how awesome it is. I'm sure the same thing will happen to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are ROCKING this challenge! Now to really focus on getting you to the 60 pound mark by the end of the month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're doing such an amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Running two full miles is awesome!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete