Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday


October already!  My favorite time of year and I get to break out all my funky Halloween socks.  That makes me very happy!  

Pumpkins won out this morning
Linking up once again with Heather, Bailey and Ash for Weigh In Wednesday!


Today's weigh in honestly was not nearly as bad as I feared it would be after this weekend full of  T.O.M. induced eating frenzy.   For that, I am grateful.  I'm not sure I could have handled seeing 190+ on the scale again. 


Only a gain of 0.6 so I'll happily take that and move on.  I've done pretty well so far this week with the eating and the exercise.  According to garmin, I burned 1,177 calories yesterday!  BOOM!  I love it when I hit over 1K!  And I hit over 18,000 steps too!


Walking, weights and tennis!

One Crazy Penguin and I are having a "Stay Away from Tricks and Treats" challenge for this month and I'm super excited about it!    We are also having a dietbet that starts on the 4th!  There's still time to join and we also have a facebook support group for motivation as well!  Just message me if you are interested.  You can email me at skinnygeekwithin@gmail.com if you want to jump on board with us! 

I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I want my goals to be for the challenge.  I wanted to do something that I can definitely "manage" but also be challenging at the same time.  So that being said, here's what I've come up with for myself.

1.  No Halloween Candy until October 31st.  (This will by far be the most "challenging" for me, especially this month!)
2.  No beer.  I'm going to attempt this again.  I did well with it for Fleurty and Fit's End of Summer Challenge and it's only 31 days.  Y'all know how much I love my Kronenbourg's, Stella's and Fat Tire's.  Oy.
3.  Exercise 2000 minutes this month. 
4.  Hit the 60  pounds lost mark.  I've been hoovering for a year now.  It's time to get this shizz accomplished.  184.4 will put me at a 60 pound loss.  We may have a party when this happens. (with no Halloween candy though).
5.  Keep consistently logging with My Fitness Pal

October is shaping up to be pretty awesome!  (and I get my Daryl Dixon fix soon with The Walking Dead returning!) Let's do this! 

22 comments:

  1. oooooo I think I'm going to have to sign up for your challenge!
    And with aunt erma paying a visit I'd say you've done pretty awesome this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can email you the link for the facebook group if you want!

      Delete
  2. Heck yeah! I'm so excited for this challenge. We have a really good group and I think we're all going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the loss!
    And I'm sure you will make it to the 60 mark this month, you just need to work at it, and from the sounds of things, I really think you will.
    Staying away from Halloween candy until the 31st, OMG that's a hard challenge. Wow, I might fail but I'm going to try.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very excited for October and our challenge!! You're doing great. I'm constantly in awe of your workouts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marissa! I'm excited about the challenge too! Good luck with your goals!

      Delete
  5. Great goals. I thought no candy wouldn't be a problem. But there is candy at the office that is making me crazy today :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can totally hit that 60lb mark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for the return of Walking Dead. Funny side story - I will sometimes put the TV on Charmed, followed by Supernatural in the morning on TNT. I happened to glance over at the right time as I was getting dressed for work and saw Daryl! HAHAHA

    Anywho - I love when a crazy binge doesn't do crazy things to the scale. Count that a win and now we move on! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh you got an early Daryl fix! Nice! I can't wait to see what is going to happen!

      Yep, absolutely!

      Delete
  8. Holy crap, how much do I LOVE that opening fall picture!!

    Love your challenge...no candy for a month would probably kill me. ;) But I KNOW you can get to 60 pounds lost!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a great collection of socks. :) Congrats on 18,000 steps! That rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks. Yea, I don't do plain white socks. Gotta have some color! :)

      Delete
  10. Yay October! One of my all time favorite months, even though I am on the road for most of it. You are doing a great job, and you can't even count less than a pound as a gain! Go you! (And woohoo to the return of Daryl Dixon...I can't wait)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep only a few more days now to TWD! :) Hope travel calms down for you soon!

      Delete
  11. I love the name of your challenge! You have some great rules and you are SO going to hit your 60 lb. mark!
    xo Krissy @ Sneakers and Sequins

    ReplyDelete