Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday


Good morning guys!  Sorry I haven't written in a while.  Haven't been in a blogging mood I guess but I wanted to come and check in for W.I.W. 

I took a sneak peek at the scale this weekend and was pleased but then Mr. Skinny Geek and I went and managed to pig out at a Mexican Restaurant last night and today I'm paying for it on the scale.  Oy.


I'm technically down 1.6 from last week but a little irked that that loss would have been a bit greater had not not eaten my body weight in chips and salsa last night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I haven't done a Tennis Tuesday blog post in a while and I miss them so I will try to do better with posting those.  But for now I will just update on how last week was for me in the realm of tennis. 

I'm hoping with the cooler weather that we will get more people interested in tennis.  We don't seem to have big crowd when it comes to lessons or groups but hoping that will change soon.  That being said with the less people the harder it is for me - LOL 

All I did last week with tennis was Drill and Play Clinic on Wednesday and the Cardio tennis followed by Drill and Play (Doubles clinic) on Saturday.  Wednesday it was just me and one other girl but it was a great night.   Coach Lo had us working on hitting short balls.  It was a lot tougher than I expected it to be because I kept hitting most of mine out of bounds in the back court.  It's hard to place when you are on the run I suppose rather than being able to stop, set yourself up and then hit. 

Saturday morning I was the only one to show up for Cardio tennis so I got my ass handed to me by Coach Lo.  She had me run suicides for every ball I hit into the net. 

At least she is supportive when she is trying to kill me.
 So yea, this is what I looked like after: 

And this is how much I burned after only 27 minutes.  I can't believe that my heart rate wasn't higher than that.
 And this was after the drill and play clinic:   So 2 hours worth of tennis and a killer burn.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Plans are coming along nicely for Mr. Skinny Geek and my Disney Anniversary extravaganza trip.  I hope to have a post up in a day or two sharing some deets on that so if you are a Disney fan be on the lookout!  The best part is... I didn't have to put it on a credit card for once!  I'm THRILLED at that little factoid.  Most of the time we'd still be paying on trips 3 years later.  The only thing I have left to buy is our tickets to Cirque du Soleil, La Nouba!  And of course spending money and stuffs.

Just thought this was funny.  :)

A rare sighting in the Marshall household.  All 3 cats in one pic.  That never happens!
And I just wanted to say that I love our little Stay Away from Tricks and Treats Challenge group!  You are the best bunch of ladies ever and the support you gals give is just amazing!  If anyone wants to join our facebook group, just shoot me a message!  Hoping we can keep the support going!

October Exercise Minutes - 864/2000
Totally need to step it up as we are at the halfway point of the month!

32 comments:

  1. A loss is a loss is a loss. No looking back. I bet those chips and salsa were awesome. Focus on the loss which is better than nothing.

    And you are 100% correct, our group is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that and yes they were awesome. (The chips and salsa) And so is our group!

      Delete
  2. I agree, loss is a loss. And, very well done on your work-outs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A world without chips and salsa is not a world I want to live in. You are down some poundage, so forgive and let go. And holy crap on those calorie burns for your tennis classes! I am oddly scared to do tennis, I am not very coordinated. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Tennis is tough, not gonna lie but I love it! I've found my 'thing'!

      Delete
  4. Chips and Salsa are my weakness but you still managed to have a loss! That's awesome, it was one night and it was one meal. Your total loss from that week will show up next week, it's all good! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just think how big your loss will be next week with the Mexican food bloat out of your system! Congrats on the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am super in love with our challenge group. It's even better than I had hoped and it makes me so happy! It's so great having a group of girls to keep you accountable!

    And way to go on the loss. A loss is a loss. And next week, watch the sodium and you will see a huge drop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree so much!

      Yep I hope so too for next week! We're at the halfway point of the month!

      Delete
  7. So glad your challenge is going well!! A loss is a loss--congrats!! And I'm super proud of you for keeping up with your tennis--that is such a hard sport!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the calorie burn on Saturday, wow, that’s awesome. Even better job on the weight loss, sometimes you just have to have chips and salsa. Yay about not having to put the trip on credit. It’s such a great feeling isn’t it. I didn’t realize there was a facebook group for the stay away from tricks and treats challenge so I’ll have to send you a message. I’m loving that challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tend to think of that as a 3.2 lb loss in effect. I mean - you could have GAINED 1.6 lbs if you weren't watching what you were doing!

    So, as others have said, a loss is a loss is a loss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! That calorie burn! What a good one! And take the loss! Every pound counts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our challenge group is my saving grace. Thank you do much for hosting! I love salsa. I put it on my eggs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love salsa too. And I do the same with my scrambled eggs and omlettes too! :) I love our group too! Hope you have a happy birthday today!

      Delete
  12. I doubt you cleared posting that picture of the cats with them...I am pretty sure they wouldn't want the world to know they are not as independent as they claim :) Very impressed with your "pre-paid" vacation plan - guilt free enjoyment is coming your way! I hate my scale too - but glad it didn't "steal" you whole loss from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL they would be very disgruntled if they found out I posted the pic!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  13. Oof suicides suck! If there is ever a motivator to not hit a ball into the net, that would be one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. But the scale is moving in the right direction, and next week stay away from Mexican restaurants the day before the weight in and you'll be reet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving the group as well! You girls are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo! That disney trip sounds sooo fun, I'm excited for you to do it!
    And hey I really like the group too--it's fun to see people's personalities!!

    ReplyDelete