Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday

Weigh In Wednesday  

Frustrated doesn't even begin to describe how I am feeling this morning.  I am frustrated with myself.  Yea, I did eat Chinese food on Sunday and I know that causes a gain but that was 3 days ago.  I'm also not really being honest with myself.  I'm snacking too much on Toll House Italian Herb Flat Crisps and Philidelphia Cream Cheese Honey Pecan.  I know that's the culprit.  I know I'm not paying attention to the serving sizes and I'm just diving in.  A binge?  Perhaps.  I eat and I don't think about it and next thing you know practically the whole bag is gone and all the cream cheese.

So yea, I am getting rid of that stuff today.  I can't have it in the house at all apparently.  

And the scale shows it this morning.  I'm up 2.8.


So, not much to do from here but to move on and try to do better.  I'm aggravated but all directed at myself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm always so jealous of Anna's beautiful and scenic walks!  This is what I have to work with when I am on my street.  These were taken this morning.

A blurry attempt at the lunar eclipse

Sand on the ground, palm trees for aesthetic purposes (and to keep people from speeding)

Construction!

And Port-a-potty's
Not pictured were all the nails and bolts I had to avoid in the road.  I'll be glad when they finish the rest of the houses!  This is why I prefer running and walking at the park. Heck even the gym and the boring indoor track is better than this!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I decided to make a Pumpkin Spice Protein shake this morning and it came out great!







I modified it a wee bit but originally I got it from Katie's Runs for Cookies Recipes blog and this is what I did:

Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake

1/4 cup of canned pumpkin
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp french vanilla Torani syrup
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
10 ice cubes


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last Saturday before tennis, I got Chris to take a pic of me to commemorate the fact that I actually had to wear a jacket to tennis but then I remembered that I had taken a previous pic in the same jacket several months before.  After some digging through my pictures I finally found it. 

Y'all know how much I've been frustrated with the scale and the lack of movement lately.  (for the last year!) but I have to say when I saw the comparison I was SHOCKED.  I don't feel that much different than the first pic and honestly I still see myself that way (and when I was even heavier than that also).  But let this be a lesson to everyone (myself included) that even though the scale isn't moving, you are still making progress.

The pic on the left, that exact day (March 26, 2014) I weighed 189.2.  Saturday morning (October 4, 2014 - and the pic on the right), I weighed in at 187.6.




52 comments:

  1. Port a pottie pictures are always so pretty :p

    And just shake it off. You know what you did wrong and you can use the next week to fix it. You've got this and we are getting you through this stupid plateau during this challenge if it kills me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks so much for the encouragement. At this point it sure feels like I'm NEVER going to see below 185. /sigh

      Delete
  2. First of all, you look great and isn't it crazy how the scale can show us the same number ( a year apart ) yet you look SO much different! You're making incredible progress! A gain this week only fuels motivation for next week, I totally feel you on that one! You can do it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the difference in those two photos is amazing! That just goes to show that the number on the scale isn't everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we are sharing a brain today. I posted some pictures today of my not so scenic walk around work. Yeah, that stuff would drive me crazy - I had a boat load of issues with nails after we had roofing work done. At least the porta-potty is orange...love orange! I had to throw away the rest of the shower cheeseball leftovers this morning...I couldn't keep out of it! Like you said recognize the problem and move on. You got this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Good job chunking the rest of that cheeseball!

      Delete
  5. such a massive difference between those 2 photos, in absolute awe!
    And i wish i could get canned pumpkin here, i'm seeing recipies using it all over the place at the moment and I jut want to try them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pics definitely show such a big difference. We all have slip ups and bad weeks, put it behind you and keep up the good work - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well at least you know you can use the bathroom in case of emergency!

    LOVE the progress photos. GO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry about your gain. :(

    And yeah, there's stuff I still can't have in the house. Including a certain kind of bread. All others are fine, but this one type, and I'm eating slices plain like a toddler. *sigh*

    Sorry about your view! At least you won't be walking slowly to enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, gotta get rid of all that stuff. Yea, usually when I do walk its dark so it's harder to see all that boring stuff. :)

      Delete
  9. Desiree, you look so great! And the pictures are proof that the scale doesn't always reflect the progress that you've clearly made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! All that exercise is paying off! That's a big difference! You look great. dont beat up yourself about your gain. Salt is evil. If you stay on track this week and watch your salt I'm sure you'll see movement next week. As for the protein shakes, thanks for the tips on my blog. I'll have to look at your listed and come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can really relate to this post. I just had my latest weigh in last Sunday and it was so so so frustrating to see what the scale showed me - that I gained a couple of pounds. Oh well, I can only fault myself about it. Just like you, I didn't mind my food servings for several weeks plus that I wasn't able to do my full workout routines last September because of that very busy month.

    I hope I will shed those gained weights off this October. I will actually make sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry about the gain, but on the bright side, you know where you went wrong and how to fix it. I love the side by side pictures, it really does show that although it's only a difference of 1.6 lbs on the scale, the reality is so much more. This is why sometimes using a measuring tape along with the scale can be a great benefit for keeping the motivation going. I'm thinking I might start adding monthly pictures to it too now that I've seen the comparison of a few months. Keep up the good work and I'll see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uggh-that happens to me too at times and is super frustrating !Hang in there, it could be just temporary! Thanks for encouraging me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are definitely certain foods that I can't have in my house either. I'm still blown away by your progress pic. Just another reminder not to dwell on the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry about the gain. You can see a huge difference in the photos though! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are great comparison shots!

    PS. I love the little ceramic creeper pumpkin in your protein shake pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! Yea, I think I got little creeper pumpkin from Target!

      Delete
  17. WOW!! You know that I needed this!
    and I totally remember when you posted the first picture or when you first got that jacket, but side by side it really is amazing to see what you have done and continued to work on this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much! It's a good reminder when the scale becomes such a source of frustration!

      Delete
  18. I would love to see a palm tree on my run! Fall is such a hard time to lose wait because there are just SO many good foods out this time of year. Plus we tend to eat more comfort foods in the fall too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those before and after pictures are awesome! I'm struggling with food too lately. And I have the same blurry, dark lunar eclipse iPhone photo too! It was gorgeous in person wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was April! Right there with ya with the food frustration. I think my body wants to keep me at this size. Frustrating.

      Delete
  20. Found your through my link-up when April gave you a shout-out!! Congrats on your weight loss progress thus far, you are looking fabulous!! Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pumpkin Spice Protein? Sounds much better than my hemp protein...although with the right juice hemp protein isn't that bad at all :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I bet not! Let me know if you try the Pumpkin Spice one!

      Delete
  22. There is a huge difference in your pictures even though there is only a couple pound difference on the scales! What a great way to compare! Sometimes it's hard to realize when we look at our selves!
    xo Krissy @ Sneakers and Sequins

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I'm so bummed! My phone must have eaten my comment, when I tried to post on Wednesday! Honey, you look great! You may be the same number, but you most definitely are NOT the same size. All that number means is how much gravity is pulling you toward the center of the earth. As far as mass? You definitely have less than you did! You have to remember, muscle takes up less space per pound than fat does. You are getting muscular. Nothing wrong with that. The number will go down eventually. Until then? Stay the course, enjoy your tennis, and hold your head up, because you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww sorry about the comment not posting! Thank you so much Becka! :) :)

      Delete
  24. There is a world of difference in those photos! You look fantastic, which just goes to show this about so much more than the scale.
    I couldn't help but laugh at your "scenic" walk photos. :) That should earn you extra exercise points for getting out there anyway despite the dreary setting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! Haha yea, sometimes I feel like I need bonus points or something!

      Delete
  25. Oh wow! Look at that change! That jacket looks great on you! Also, super props for recognizing a bad behavior/trigger food and resolving to remove it. It's a tough thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Girl, you are looking great! I hear you on the junk food...it can't stay in my house or I'll eat it all! Your pictures crack me up...I'm sure it will be beautiful once all of the construction is complete! :)

    ReplyDelete