Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday

Quickie post here today!

The Hump Day Blog Hop

And last W.I.W. before vacation so I'm linking up with the ladies at W.I.W. and also with Fitness Blondie with The Hump Day Blog Hop!

Well, I was hoping to hit the 60 pound mark today but alas, no dice.    BUT, that being said, I'm happy to be in the "low" range of my lowest weight leading up to our trip.  If I can survive the next two weeks maintaining while eating on the Disney Dining Plan, I will consider this a huge victory. 


I'm only down .2 from the last official weigh in (which was 2 weeks ago).  I am completely ok with that though.  I was down a couple of days with a bruised knee and some not so great eating (and stress eating) but I will say I have been mostly back on track since Saturday. 

My fitness game plan for the rest of the week is this... today, walking at work and tennis tonight (weather permitting).  Tomorrow hoping to get a run in before work or hit the gym for the elliptical and weights (after work).  Friday, hoping to get one more run in the morning before work.  But, Friday may be tough to get up since it's supposed to dip down to freezing here.  Our first freeze temp of the season (thank you polar vortex! ugh)  But.. I've got to get that done whether it is freezing or not because Saturday we will be in the car all day and I want to get something in for sure that day.  Friday night will be putting the finishing touches on packing, loading the car and hopefully going to sleep really really early as we are hoping to head out around 2 or 3 am Saturday morning. 

I know all you Northerners are laughing at me right now.  :)

We had tennis round robin last night.  And this time I was actually paired with players on my level.  It was a fun and exciting night with all three sets being really close  contrary to what the scores say.  And of course, it was a good group of ladies too so that always helps.  I lost the first 2 sets 2-6 and then 6-7 but won the last 6-3.  Overall I think I'd much rather play with my level or a bit better.  Some of those guys I've gotten paired with before are really tough to play with - like they are several levels higher than me, I'm like at a 2.5 or mayyyybe a 3.0 and these guys are solid 4.5 or 5.0.  I'd need to use the force to help some of those shots along.


Tonight is my last clinic with Coach Lo.  :(   I am very sad about this.

Hopefully the rest of this week goes by fairly quickly (and just because I said that, it won't...) but I'm 95% packed and just ready for our vacation to start! 

Jedi Master Yoda is going with us to act as my purse




32 comments:

  1. Girl, I AM a northerner laughing at you :) Our high today is only 28! I'm so excited to hear about your Disney adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even possibly imagine! BRRRR! Thanks. I wish it was already Saturday!! I'm ready to GEAUX!

      Delete
    2. That's about what we're supposed to be at on Tuesday!

      Delete
  2. I love that you are bringing a coffee maker with you. That is so something that I would do. And you've totally got the maintaining thing while on vacation. Just remember to do things in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) The one great thing about disney is all of the walking you are going to do when you are there - SO, all things in moderation with your food, and you should be GOOD to GO!

    And I live in NY - and I giggle at you too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks! And yep, I can't wait to see how many steps we hit each day!

      Delete
  4. Great job on the loss! And just think of the miles you will be checking off on your trip. There is a lot of walking involved so you will be exercising, just not the type of exercising you're used too.
    As for temperatures, I think we already discussed that this morning ;) You will have to however keep us updated on the Disney Dinning Plan, sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are at 31 degrees up here in Oregon with gusts of wind up to 40 MPH! It easily feels like mid 20s. Brr! I hope your vacation is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does your hotel have a gym? If so, you can get some stretching in before you head out or when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it sure does! I plan on hitting the running trails and maybe an elliptical or two while I'm there as well.

      Delete
  7. Have so much fun at Disney!! You will so be able to maintain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Yoda tennis picture is perfect for you! I hope you have a great trip and are able to do well but still enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have so much fun at Disney! I'm super psyched for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I get this close to vacation, I'm unable to focus on anything other than counting down until time to leave! So excited for you! Saturday morning can't come fast enough, right? :) Have a fun, safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it ever! Work is soooo tough right now! LOL I wanna gooooo!

      Delete
  11. eeeeeekkkk!!! Disney! How fun!!! Hope you have a great trip and great job on the loss--it's still a loss:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent purse choice, it is...

    Enjoy the vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! We almost had a "cat"astrophe with him though. I walked in from work yesterday and Yoda was not where I left him. One of my cats must have drug him off and, ahem, "marked" poor Yoda. After frantically searching the interwebz to see if I could safely wash him in the washing machine - and failing, I finally opted to give him a twirl on gentle cycle. He air dried last night and is good as new this morning! :)

      Delete
  13. Evil cats are...

    Resilient Yoda is...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great fitness goals! You're such a go getter! I love playing tennis--my hub and i play all the time! I'm glad you get to go on vacay sooooon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great week and I hope you're already having a wonderful time at WDW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love tennis!! So glad you're having a great vacation! :D

    ReplyDelete