Monday, December 15, 2014

Back to the basics

Y'all. 

I have gotten complacent and lazy.  I am comfortable where I am.  I love that I've kept off 50-55 pounds but I realize now that I need to get out of that mindset.  I need to start over like when I did when I was first starting out.   So.  I'm going to reset my tracker on My Fitness Pal back to today's weight (if I can figured out how..). 

Truth is I started using the same excuses that I always used to.  I even thought to myself that I would just wait until after Christmas to start again.  I always had the best of intentions with exercise, but I used all the things and errands that I needed to be doing for Christmas as my reasons why I couldn't.  I just didn't try hard enough.  I have not played tennis since the Saturday before (the workshop - and I still need to blog about that too..)  Of course, I truly have a reason why I can't go tomorrow night and Wednesday (holiday baking...) but there is other things I can be doing instead.  I can get up and get it done early in the morning.  I don't have to use my one daily plan of tennis as my "only" plan. 

Food has also been horrible.  Lots of beer and comfort food.  It ends now.  Beer will be limited to only special occasions.  I will get back to how it used to be and I will start losing again.

I'm starting over, of sorts.   Exercise today...check.


Water.... 20 oz in so far.

Food.... prepped for the week and I will log everything in My Fitness Pal and actually remember to hit "submit".

~*~*~*~*~*~

I had a good but busy weekend.  I finished up my Christmas shopping last weekend so this weekend was wrapping.  Finished it all yesterday.  We also had a birthday party for the littlest member of our family.  My sweet little cousin, Hayley turned 1! 

Here's some random pics from the weekend.

We watched Die Hard.  Best Christmas movie ever!


Hayley and I had a lot of fun in the Bounce House!


35 comments:

  1. I completely feel you, it's stressful and hard but I love the quote you posted. You are strong and can begin again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote is so true. I may not be satisfied where I am at the moment, but I'd much rather be where I am now than where I was. Good job getting back to the basics - you can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you girl! I've gotten complacent too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany! Time to get back on board the fitness train!

      Delete
  4. That was November for me. Good luck with your reset and new mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think several of us are in the same boat at the same time. It must be that we all just got tired of trying 110% for so long and needed a mental break. But ya know what? We are all venting and doing something about it (again) to re-start some momentum.

    You can do it. You've done it before....WE can do this and start that scale/size/whatever moving downward again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I think so too! Time to focus (again) on whats important!

      Delete
  6. I'm so excited for you! You're going to kick so much butt!!!
    Yay for your new goal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, I'm with you. I think everyone kind of fell into a rut. It's time to pick it back up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you on being complacent. I'm at the same place right now and was close to falling in to the "after Christmas" trap. I'm going to work OVER Christmas, to go out with a bang in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are going to ROCK it with these new goals, I just know it!! :) And dang girl, keeping off 50-55 pounds is A HUGE DEAL. You are so awesome! :) Your cousin is ADORABLE btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Yes, Hayley is adorable! I just love her to pieces! She is such a good baby too!

      Delete
  10. You know I am right there with you sister! I know you're strong and determined and will get back into it. It's hard to get rebooted sometimes, but I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh- complacency. I look at the pics I had taken in early Oct and compare them to one's taken last week. Not exactly forward movement. Little slips on a regular basis...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel you, my friend! I'm trying to break out of my rut, but I broke my "no crap, no excuses" rule for Disney at Thanksgiving and haven't been able to get back on track since. I recommitted last week and then got this cold from he**. And as we all know, you fight a cold with Pringles and Gatorade, right? It's tough, but we're both strong and determined and we'll make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stuff happens. I'm right there with you. Since I started marathon training last week, I'm going to get into my groove there and then kick food's ass once I've gotten into a routine with exercise. We're not eating horribly, but there is way too much indulging going on. I'll be cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep same here with the indulging. Gotta even all that out for sure!

      Delete
  14. HEY! You totally have this! Love your plans!! Way to be aware:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I commend you ma'am! I cannot seem to get myself in a mood of "restarting" until after people stop shoving "holiday" cookies in my face. I will safely restart on the 1st. Then I can blame new years resolutions and all that. And awesome job for keeping the weight off this long!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Desiree...great to see you back at it! Love the fitness selfie...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Especially now that we're in the last week before Christmas, I just want to let everything go. No work, no running, no food tracking. We know better than that though. John McClane didn't get to slack off on Christmas did he? :) My husband doesn't know it yet, but we're totally watching that movie this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ditto! I need to follow your example. I've been totally out of control!

    You have this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete