Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Years Eve everyone! 

I was all gung-ho about going back and rehashing what my goals/wishes were for 2014 until I started re-reading that post

Yea, none of it went down as planned.

I think the only things I've achieved in 2014 was to get better at tennis, blog at least 5x per month and the no more sodas pledge.  Sooo, with that being said, I really only want 2 things to happen next year.

  1. Focus on myself and my health.  (i.e. start dropping weight again).  2014 and part of 2013 was the "year of maintain" and I'm not satisfied where I currently am.  I want to keep going.  I want to lose weight and be in the "normal" BMI category.
  2. Get better at tennis.  I found my passion.  Finally.  I want to be a better player and keep on going.   I don't expect to be playing Wimbledon or the U.S. Open....ever, but I do want to keep improving my game.   And I do have some news concerning this that I will share in a bit.
Sure I could list out 100 other things I'd "like" to do but honestly if I keep this list simple and manageable maybe come 2016 I wouldn't feel like such a big fat failure at the end of the year.  

But I'm really ready to turn this ship around and start seeing progress again.  I guess that's what the New Year is good for, right?

Oh yea, concerning #2 there.  I was 'talked' into being captain of my local Y's 2.5 tennis team.  I initially said no because I had no idea what was involved but I knew that I wanted to join an actual team this year instead of just doing only drills and clinics all the time.  Well after a few days I guess no one else volunteered so Ronnie asked me again and he said that he would "guide" me with whatever we as a team needed.  So here I am.  I have no clue what I'm doing but apparently I'm captain of a tennis team now!  So, Mid-Court Crisis (our team name) was born!

We have 6 ladies and myself.   The league organizer is working on the schedule and we will be starting up sometime next week.  I'm nervous and scared and excited all at the same time!  But this is all 2.5 players so at least everyone will be around the same level.   Not sure if this will work, but if you want to follow our progress, you can try this link.

So tomorrow starts a blank slate again.  Time to get back to what I know works.  Focus, determination, eat less crap, and move your ass.

Do you have goals or resolutions for 2015?

25 comments:

  1. Happy New Year hugs to you all! I think it's pretty awesome that you're a captain now and I love the name :). My goals are to maintain my weight, get back to walking regularly and finally learning how to knit instead of throwing it on the floor in a huff after a row or two :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good plan for 2015! Happy N.Y. for you as well!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year!!!! I like your plans for the year! My goals....lose weight and learn to be happy again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Admittedly I'm not a huge fan of resolutions, but I think your goals for the year are good ones! I know it helps me to break big goals out into attainable mini goals each week/month, so I stay on track and have little milestones to focus on along the way. 2015 is looking like it will be a great year for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I like the mini goal approach as well and I may start doing that as well. Thanks Carolyn!

      Delete
  4. I think those are awesome goals! You can totally do this, and no matter what, you should never view yourself as a big fat failure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Maintaining your weight loss is still an amazing accomplishment! I'm looking forward to reading all your posts about being the captain of the new tennis team, that is something that is completely outside my comfort zone. I like the simplicity of your resolutions, I particularly like that one of them includes focusing on yourself, I think a lot of times when we're pushing for a "goal" we forget to take care of the rest of ourselves. You're gonna own 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being chosen as your tennis team captain! What an awesome way to grow your tennis skills. :) You're going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As much as I harp on and on that resolutions should be specific, being able to maintain your weight is awesome and every bit as hard as reaching a particular poundage goal. "Maintaining weight loss" is a resolution most people can't keep, and since you have over the last year and a half, you're statistically winning the game compared to most people. Sure, if you're not happy where you are, that's a good reason to hit it back harder (being happy with yourself is what it's all about, after all), but don't shortchange how awesome it is that you've maintained your loss. That, in and of itself, is amazing. Happy New Year, Des!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH man, team captain!! That is so freakin' awesome!!! :) You are gonna rock 2015, I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year! Those sound like some awesome goals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so awesome! Congratulations, Cap'n!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the team! Working out with friends REALLY helps you keep up with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year and congratulation becoming the team captain :) Simple goals is a good way to start your year...good luck with them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well Tanvee! Thank you and good luck with your goals as well!

      Delete
  13. 2013 was my year of maintaining and 2014 ended in a 15 (ish) pound gain (yikes!). 2015 is going to be OUR year!

    ReplyDelete