Monday, December 29, 2014

The State of Things and Stuff

Ok so in one of my last posts, I lamented about the fact that I've gotten complacent and lazy.   Well, see how far that has gotten me?  The excuses started piling up as did the weight.  And oh my god, the weight. 

Let's just go ahead and throw that out there.


Right before I went on vacation, I was at 186.8.

11.6 pound GAIN.  Since November 12th!  What the actual fuck....


I knew it was going to be bad.  I knew it so I've been avoiding it.  I thought that if I could get back to exercising after about a week or two I'd get on the scale and see where I stand.  But then that's not the truth of it, is it?   My intentions starting last week immediately after Christmas were good.  Friday, I watched my food intake, went to the gym and did the elliptical for 45 minutes.  Saturday, I woke up with the crud.  (Isn't that about how it usually happens?)  So the last 2 days were spent in my jammies with me holding the couch down with low-grade fever and all the lovely gooey-ness that comes along with sinuses. 

I am dangerously close to that 200 number again and I will not let that happen.  My size 16s that I've been so comfortable in the last year are snug, too snug.  I'm visibly seeing my body turn squishy and plump again.

This has to stop now.  I know what I have to do.

Eat less crap and move more.  Portion control.  Logging every single thing I put in my mouth.  Moving my ass. 
 

On a much lighter note, I'm working on a Christmas post so look for that soon.

21 comments:

  1. UGH!! I am going to officially weigh in on the 1st, but I know I am in your boat. We can help each other paddle or toss each other overboard and make our sorry butts swim :) We can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swimming or Paddling, either one is probably a good calorie burn! :D

      Delete
  2. It has been hard, but forcing myself to publicly share my WIW has helped me already get back in the groove of things. But I hear you on that 'emergency-no-never-again' number being way too close! That was my wakeup call last month. 2014 was my 'plateau year' so its coming to a close and 2015 is going to be a 'loss year' and 'stronger year.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, 2014 was my plateau year too. Time to kick butt and lose again!

      Delete
  3. Holidays and illness get us all :(. I hope you feel better soon and 2015 better watch out, because I know you're gonna kick ass and own it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally relate to the squishy thing, I can tell I am a bit more flabby. So happy that December is almost over and things will be back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness a gain sucks but you are on it, I just know it! I will hit you with the hand if needed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A totally understandable state of affairs.But you've made the first step, you've stopped procrastinating from facing the truth, and now you can set about the business of blasting it off! Prehaps this regain was just what you needed to get out of the rut of complacency, I know my summer regain was for me!

    You can totally do this Des!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shit - I'm you and you're me!!! I've had a tremendous gain as well that has totally shocked me into reality and getting my ass back in gear. The speed with which the weight came back on is enough to give me whiplash.

    We'll get back down Desiree! If I can't give up, you can't either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you in taking the first step...accountability! "What the actual f..." Made me laugh out loud. :)

    I know you're going to rock it in 2015! You and me both!

    Happy new year and new YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh no THE CRUD!! I am so sorry that you got sick around the holidays. Don't sweat this too hard--you know exactly what to do to get back track and you'll do it :) I know you got this! Happy New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, I am with you. Bring on the new year and the new committment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've owned it (and before you got to the "red line" of 200 pounds) and are moving forward. The fact that you do that and keep doing that will get you where you want to go. As long as we never give up and lose sight completely, we'll get there. Yes, I tell myself this over and over too - might as well tell someone else too right? :) Every day is a new day and chance to move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh hun! I know how it is to just let go and enjoy, but the good news is, you know how to make it back to where you were... and I'm wondering if this won't maybe push you past your plateau? Wouldn't that be awesome?

    ReplyDelete