Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday

Weigh In Wednesday  

Alrighty.  I knew it was going to be bad.  I had a wonderful November but food and diet were, eh, not so good.

The combo of Vacation, Thanksgiving, Hubby's birthday and our anniversary within 2 weeks of each other was just too much for my waistline.


I'm up 4.2 since the last weigh in before vacation.

So, back to doing what I know works.  Eat less. Move more. Track everything.

In the spirit of moving more and getting back on track (and I've been doing so since Monday) I had a really great night at tennis yesterday.  I love when we get paired up with people my own level.  The matches are so much more exciting, plus I'm actually feeling like I'm contributing when playing instead of flubbing along.   Anyway, I lost the first set 4-6 but won the next two 6-4, 6-3.  We went into deuce so many times last night and it was an exciting match for sure.


And with that super duper long match, I had a really amazing calorie burn too!


In other news, Chris started working on his lego Millennium Falcon that he got as an anniversary/birthday/Christmas present!


And I got our mostly nerdy tree up!


Oh I posted this on IG yesterday so sorry if you guys saw it already but I found a pic of me at Disney from back in May of 2012 and then one from last week.


Hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had a good weigh in today (if you weighed in!).  I'm still trying to get back into a good post-vacation routine but working on it!

29 comments:

  1. I faced the scale this week too, joining in the Wednesday weigh-ins, but I wasn't happy about it. Honestly, 4lbs? that's it?? I gain that over a single regular weekend at home! I personally think two weeks on vacation away from home, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April! Oh yea, I know it totally could have been so much worse and for that I'm very thankful!

      Delete
  2. I agree with April, 4 pounds gain is pretty astounding, and I think you'll be able to lose them pretty quickly. Good job on the tennis, I've literally had Eric explain tennis to me 100 times (he used to be on the tennis team in HS), and it might as well be NASA trying to explain a shuttle launch to me. It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I used to be like that too but I'm starting to "get it". I love playing and have found "my thing". Give it a whirl and maybe take some lessons and next time you come down to LA, we shall play a match!

      Delete
  3. So happy you had such a great vacation! The weigh-in could have been worse and with your determination I am sure it will be no time before you have erased it :) I love your tennis reports - your passion is inspiring. I am thinking about getting my husband the AT-AT Walker Lego kit for Christmas - don't those things ever go on sale??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Oh my word they are so so very expensive. I was surprised the Millennium Falcon one was as cheap as it was. Plus the look on his face when he was looking at it was just too good to pass up. I knew he wanted it. It was worth it. ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm with April, with everything you've had going on a 4lb gain is kinda a result!!!
    And now you're back you've jumped straight back into eating right and exercising so you'll blast away that gain in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Millenium Falcon!!! :O
    So cool!
    Love your before and after picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a crazy burn during your tennis game! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the vacation gain, but I'm totally jealous you got to go to disney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winter! We had an absolute blast! You'll have to take Harper there one of these days!

      Delete
  8. You faced the weigh gain. You know what to do, look forward and you've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get back into your routine and you'll drop that in a heartbeat. You've got this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only 4 pounds?!?! That is great! You will lose it so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just think what that would have been like had you not walked around 7-10miles everyday. You've got a handle on this, I just know it.

    I love your cheer. Nerdy trees yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 4 pounds after the last few weeks you've had is a victory in itself! I definitely want to see more of those nerdy tree ornaments. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ahh ok I'll snap some pics of a few of my favorite ornaments for you! :D

      Delete
  13. That's not much of a gain at all for all those events! Well done :) Now to get the scale back down!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know, all that walking at WDW should be enough to offset the treats (I clocked nine miles most days!). But sadly, it wasn't enough for me either! My appetite is still up from the trip as well so I've had trouble scaling back but I'm committed to doing it too. Great job on that tennis match!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First off the Millennium Falcon looks awesome...we need more updates! Second what happened to Yoda? And third, get to seeing you get back on track...your dedication is amazing! (thought I think I've said that before :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ok your transformation tuesday pic is SO GOOD!! And you really didn't do too badly with all of those things coming at once! You'll get back on track, you know what to do! And yay for the tennis!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok your transformation tuesday pic is SO GOOD!! And you really didn't do too badly with all of those things coming at once! You'll get back on track, you know what to do! And yay for the tennis!! :)

    ReplyDelete