Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A non weigh-in on a W.I.W.


Hey guys!

I'm opting out of today's weigh in portion of the linkup today.  I got home way way too late from the Tennis Captain's meeting last night and we ended up just reheating some pizza.    I knew the combination of eating so late and pizza would not be in my favor on the scale today so I'm abstaining at least for this week.

The captain's meeting went well!  I have so much information that I have to go over though and then schedule practices, organize matches and substitutes, etc.  It will be a lot of work but hopefully it will be rewarding at least!   The matches will start on February 24th so we have a little over a month to practice and evaluate where everyone stands and then work on strategy.  I personally like this approach -


We are having our first semi-informal practice tonight after work.  It's currently 37º here in South Louisiana.  It may be a very quick practice!

In other news, since my migraine on Sunday, I have not folded a stitch of laundry in about a week and a half.  We are living out of piles.  And I had to hurry and prep some lunches Monday between work and bowling.  I decided to try an experiment because I didn't go to the grocery store either last weekend so had to basically just scrounge around and make do with what we had available.   I had some chicken breasts that I thawed, put a pat of butter on each, then sprinkled some dry ranch dressing packet and then coated in breadcrumbs and baked at 375º for an hour.  Surprisingly they came out really good!  I'm all about quick and easy and it really can't get any easier than that.  I'll definitely put that meal into the rotation!

Today is really the first day that I haven't felt totally discombobulated with diet and exercise and if I can actually string a couple of good days together, then maybe I'll feel like my head is 100% back in the game.  I've already managed a walk on my morning break and hope to hit one on my afternoon one as well.  Also with the tennis tonight, that will be a A+ on the exercise front and so far so good with the food.  We are planning on baking tilapia tonight (whoever of us that gets home first will start cooking) and some healthy-ish sides too.  Also water is going well.  I'm on #3, which should put me at about 48oz. so far.


In other news, I bought a t-shirt to support my former High School, (that the diocese is closing) and I'm none to impressed with the placing of the paw prints...


Loki says "hi"!


Hope everyone who is weighing in, had a successful day on the scales!  I hope to be back and reporting a loss next week!

26 comments:

  1. Loki makes me laugh! Who is holding the camera?? The chicken sounds good...love finding new things to put in the rotation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the camera in selfie mode and stretched my arm way out to get that shot. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha! That shirt cracks me up. I wonder if they realized when they printed it?

    PS, that's a balmy temperature! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely this was a man's doing! :)

      LOL I knew you wacky Canadians would say that!

      Delete
  3. You're killing it lately with the food and water! I know it will show next week on the scale :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure hope so! Well the food has not been so hot this week but hopefully today will begin the pattern there!

      Delete
  4. Awsome job with your food and water. Glad you are going to get an A+ for exercise today. Love your cat selfie. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You win. It is officially colder in the South than it is in Canada (my part anyway). It's 39.2* outside right now.

    I didn't weigh in either this week. Glad to hear you are back on track. It is always so hard to get your head back in the game after the holidays. Still working on that one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Weird! Yea, it's taken me a long while to get back on track. I'm ready I think.

      Delete
  6. I would have taken a 'bye' week as well after pizza. The sodium alone would probably push me over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job with the exercise and water and food and everything! :) I feel ya on the weather, girl. It's so cold here I can't stand it. Anywoodles, here's to a good week!!

      Delete
  7. You WILL be back with a loss next week :) Had to LOL at the paw prints on the shirt!;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! Yea, I am none too thrilled about that. I want to support my school and all but not at my boobs expense! LOL

      Delete
  8. How did you get started on tennis? I've been following for awhile and I enjoy your posts. I don't know anything about tennis though. estherdavison@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha on the paw prints! There's an InkNBurn shirt that has a skull on it with the eyeballs placed just like that. It's rather disconcerting. Hope you stayed warm enough at tennis!! I got a 3 mile run in after work and then then temps just plummeted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! yea, it was pretty dang cold. They even canceled Thursday nights because of the temps. Hopefully I'll get some tennis in the next two days though.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks, I think so too. Loki is just so dang photogenic! The other two, eh, not so much. :)

      Delete
  11. Love the cat as always :) The placement of the paw prints is pretty funny lol

    ReplyDelete