Friday, January 23, 2015

Fit Geek Friday - Geek Fitness Female Inspirations

Hey Guys!

#FitGeekFriday at GeekFitness

I'm participating again in the Fit Geek Friday Linkup and thought I'd share with you guys some of my Kick-Ass Geeky Female inspirations!  These are the ladies that I strive to be like both mentally and physically and have been a source for inspiration for me before and during my journey.  So hope you enjoy these!

1. Michonne from The Walking Dead


Sure, Daryl Dixon is awesome, but my choice for the buddy system in the zombie apocalypse is hands down, Michonne.  She is strong and brave and not afraid to whip out a Katana at a moments notice to dismember a zombie.  Plus she has killer arms.  (You'll sense a theme here with arms shortly).

2.  Daenerys Targaryan from Game of Thrones


Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons.

And she is proven herself to be quite a leader and a conqueror too!

3. Agent Peggy Carter from Captain America and Marvel's Agent Carter


Agent Carter is by no means a damsel in distress, waiting for Cap to come and rescue her.  Homegirl can hold her own.  AND she seriously rocks a red hat!  I am loving every single thing about this series.  And I'm a total 1940s fangirl. I love everything 40s so this is just my favorite show currently on television.

4.  Eowyn from Lord of the Rings


She showed such bravery at the Battle of Pelennor Fields in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.  But, she ended up with Faramir so she looses awesome points for that (because I claimed Faramir, so that counts right?)

5. Sarah Connor from Terminator 2


Sarah transformed herself between the first movie from a timid woman to a bonafide badass.  Those arms.  I can't even handle it.  I want my arms to look like Sarah Connor's.

6. River Tam from Firefly and Serenity


Ok if you haven't watched Firefly and then Serenity, then go do so.  Under no circumstances are you to watch Serenity first.  You will be very upset if you do.  It will only take about 16 hours and it is my mission in life to get everyone I know of (and that means, you fellow bloggers!) to watch these amazing episodes/movie.  And while doing do, pay special attention to the evolution of River Tam.  You wouldn't think it from the first episode of Firefly but she will become one of the most revered characters from the series and subsequent movie.  And boy does she shine.  Er, should I say. She is just shiny.

7.  Wonder Woman


I loved every single thing about Diana Prince right down to my Wonder Woman underoos.    Now, granted I need to go back and re-watch this series but from what I can remember, I loved it!    And she can deflect bullets.  That's pretty darn awesome in my book.

8. Ellen Ripley from Alien, Aliens (and I don't count the other 2).


Ripley is hands down one of my all time favorite characters and she was one of the first female heroines that wasn't overshadowed by anyone.  Ripley is a survivalist and also a realist.

9.  Zoe Washburne from Firefly/Serenity



Joss Whedon is a master at making such strong female characters.  Here's another example from Firefly/Serenity.   (Have you watched it yet?)   Zoe is a soldier, a first mate on a spaceship, a wife and a fighter.  She is fiercely loyal to her friends and to her husband.

10.  The Bride from Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Vol. 2


As far as revenge flicks go, this is probably my all time favorite.  Beatrix Kiddo slices her enemies who have wronged her and gets sweet revenge along the way.  It was such a fun ride and such determination and perseverance to see the evolution of her revenge plotted out.

11. Buffy Summers from Buffy the Vampire Slayer


And last but certainly not least is my all time favorite television show  and character.  Who knew that a move that was so terrible would be given a second chance on television (and eventually in comics)!  This show literally blew me away.  I turned full on nerd when I discovered this show.  Yes, sure I loved Star Wars in the 70s and 80s but this show is what turned me full geek and I have never looked back.  The story lines, the writing, the acting, just everything about this show was amazing and ahead of it's time.    Buffy loved hard, she played hard and she trained hard.  Plus, she saved the world.  A lot.

Honorable mentions go to the following:

Princess Leia from Star Wars


Mulan from Mulan


and Kara Thrace a/k/a Starbuck from Battlestar Gallactica



Who are some of your favorite geek female fitness inspirations? 

26 comments:

  1. LOVE this list! Woman Power for the win! YAY!

    I second you when I say GO WATCH FIREFLY RIGHT NOW! I made the mistake of watching Serenity first. I knew nothing of the t.v. show and happened to get Serenity at Blockbuster as a previously viewed dvd. I actually wore it out I watched it so much. And then I saw the t.v. show. And I am so sad it is gone. NOOOOOO!

    And Buffy is the best. She is THE BEST. Joss Whedon really does kick butt at creating strong, awesome, emotionally developed female characters.

    I am in love with this post. The end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Thank you! Aww bummer that you watched Serenity first (and it was awesome in its own right.. .but man oh man. the feels!)
      :D

      Delete
    2. I watched Serenity first and had no idea that Firefly was even a thing until a friend told me later that week. To find out there was even more of that awesomeness was worth seeing the movie first!

      Delete
  2. Oh many I just had a happy moment looking at all those pics haha! You should have added YOUR picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Yes, yes, YES! Everyone on this list is just awesome!
    Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This list is totes awesome! I wholeheartedly approve your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this list!! I don't know who some are, but I am Team Dany (mostly) on GOT. Eowyn is rad too, love her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sad for people who've never seen Firefly. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you seen the Sarah Connor Chronicles? I think that Lena Heady did an even better job with the character than Linda Hamilton did, and I am excited to see how Emilia Clarke (or is it Clark?) does with it in the new Terminator movie, too. Because, really, who doesn't want to be Sarah Connor? Well, without the robots trying to kill her and the institutionalization and all that, I mean. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did watch the first season but I don't think I really gave it a chance. I may need to go back and rewatch at some point. Yes, I'm definitely excited to see Emilia Clarke as S.C.!

      Delete
  8. Totally feeling Peggy Carter - plus shes got some curves!!!
    My fitness female motivators are Felicity Smoak - because I love when everyone is kicking ass and she is there doing crunches like and real girl, Emily from Revenge and Ashoka from Clone Wars! I love girls who can kick some ass!
    xx Mal @ Bad Wolf Brunch
    badwolfbrunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I love Felicity too! Good choice there as well as Ashoka (I love her too!)!

      Delete
  9. I LOVE THESE!!!! What a great post. There are certainly many awesome inspiring ladies out there in show business!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome list! I really can't argue with any of those. I heart Michonne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEST.LIST.EVER!!!


    honest though...I have trouble with Zoe because I first found her through Buffy as a goddess of somesort and it turned me off from her, I think it was the role, but it tainted my love for her in Serenity/Firefly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will always have a special place in my heart for Aeryn Sun from Farscape. I still haven't found it in myself to watch Peacekeeper wars because I really really really don't want the story to be over. I'm still mad at Joss about some things in Serenity, although I can't really stay mad at the man, when he says and writes such awesome things. I've only gotten a chance to watch the pilot of Agent Carter, but I was totally in love with it from the start. I'm super excited to see what they do with A.K.A. Jessica Jones (which should be showing up soonish I think) and Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...this is an absolutely awesome list of geeky female inspiration! I'll be sharing this with my local geeky FB group...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! This week I want to join in with this linkup. Definitely Sarah Connor. I was in high school when that movie came out and she was my inspiration to start working out.
    I made the mistake of watching Serenity first. Maybe one of these days we'll watch Firefly.

    ReplyDelete