Friday, January 16, 2015

Fit Geek Friday

Linking up for the very first time with my fellow geeky friend, B.J. for #FitGeekFriday!  B.J. blogs over at Geek Fitness!

#FitGeekFriday at GeekFitness

I guess a little introduction is in order since this is my first time with this link up!


I'm Desiree' and have been trying to get fit and healthy since November of 2012.  I'm down roughly 50ish pounds since then.  I've gained about 14 back since November so I'm trying to get back on track once more.  My main activity of choice is tennis!  I started taking some lessons in September of 2013 and have been hooked ever since!  I love trying to constantly improve my game and recently joined a tennis league that is starting up soon.  I play about 3-4 times a week.  In between tennis, I like to walk or go to the gym and get on the elliptical and binge watch nerdy stuff.  I'm trying to re-watch Doctor Who on netflix (only at the gym!) before it goes away.  My treat for going is to get to watch an episode or so.   Once I finish Doctor Who I think I may rewatch Buffy the Vampire Slayer next. 

In my non-active times, I'm a huge Marvel fangirl.  My favorite is Captain America and more recently Guardians of the Galaxy.  I'm also a huge Superman fan while hubby is more into Batman.  Mr. Skinny Geek and I also play a lot of playstation games as well as tabletop D & D and Munchkin from time to time.  I'm also a recovering WoW addict, haha.  We also love to attend local Cons when we can and collect items for our Nerd Cabinet (soon to be expanded to the Nerd room!).  I'm also a huge movie buff so I'm always looking to watch as many films as I can.

I try to incorporate my geeky side as much as I can when I'm being active.  



If you are a proud geek too, feel free to join the linkup and share a bit about yourself!

22 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the #FitGeekFriday post and support, Des!

    I love how you're gonna rewatch Buffy soon. I can't get enough of it, either. Have you ever heard of Slayage? It's an academic conference done every two years where college professors from all around the world who love Wheon's stuff get together and study it together. It's awesome. Some people just attend to listen to the awesome geekery that goes on. It's a conference and not a convention, but if you're as big into Buffy as most of us are, they're your people, too. You should definitely look into it if you like the academic side of pop culture, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome B.J.! I haven't heard of Slayage but I'm definitely off to google it. Buffy is seriously my all time favorite tv show and that sounds amazing!

      Delete
  2. omg....a perfect linkup for you!!! I might be a poser compared to your FitGeek status :)

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, you aren't a poser! You totally geek out with the rest of us! You should totes join the linkup too :)

      Delete
  3. I saw his post and totally wondered if you knew about it, and then you were among the first commenters hahah!!

    So WOW Des-I haven't seen your before and after so clearly before. Can I just say you are AMAZING!!!! Staying strong since 2012--that's real lifestyle changes there. How coooool!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Kirtley! (now if I can get back to where I was in that "after" pic, and then further down, I'd be REALLY happy!)

      LOL yea, you know I was all over a geeky linkup :D

      Delete
  4. You are so cute. You remind me of a dear co-worker that is a geek, too. She's always talking about everything you listed above and I'm often times looking back at her with a "deer-in-headlights" look. She did get me watching Dexter, though, so maybe I should take her advice more often. Ha! You look great, too. A huge transformation!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Kim! Yea, maybe some of the nerdy stuff, you may like! You never know!

      Delete
  5. Wow, what a great transformation! I love it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Batman FTW! Great to see you as part of this link up Des...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job on your heroic transformation; keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the process of rewatching Buffy right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is Dr. Who going off of Netflix???? I've been rewatching Buffy while working at home and it's so much fun to start again from the beginning. And kind of inspiring on the diet and fitness front. I want to do backflips and stab vampires, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to be honest that I don't know a lot about all of this LOL, although I LOVE Batman!! I just wanted to say that I love seeing your transformation pictures!!! You are so inspiring to me!!! Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy playing wow. I am into walking that is something that I really enjoy so I am trying to make it a goal this year to do 5ks.

    ReplyDelete