Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Weigh In Wednesday / Weekly Recap

Weigh In Wednesday  

Good morning guys!

Another Wednesday and I'm actually in a pretty good mood today.  I was concerned going into today's weigh in since it was T.O.M. and with trying to get back in the whole eating right and exercise mentality.  But I stepped on the scale and saw a loss, so I'll definitely take it.  I'm not where I was before the holidays or before vacation, but it's definitely a step in the right direction at least.


Down 1.6 from last week!  Not too shabby.

Food has been decent.  It's been easier during the work week rather than the weekends (isn't that how it goes..)  but I've got a few new crock pot recipes that I'm planning to give a whirl soon that I'm hoping to prep and freeze this weekend and I'll be sure to report back and let you guys know how they go.  I've been prepping my normal "go to" lunch meals of Lemon Pepper (crock pot) chicken, asparagus and baby carrots this week.   Dinners have been more challenging so I need to get back to prepping them out on the weekend before too so I can just reheat in the oven.

So the exercise recap this week has been good. I'm concentrating on getting my 10K steps in and since Monday have done so. Hopefully I can keep it going.  I want to hit 10K Monday thru Saturday at least each week.


Starting Jan 1st

Thursday - 30 minute walk
Friday - 25 minute elliptical, 30 minute walk, 50 minutes of a "Light and Low" class with dumbbells
Saturday - 35 minute elliptical, 20 minutes weights
Sunday - Rest Day
Monday - 60 minutes bowling, 15 minutes walking
Tuesday - 2h 1m Tennis - Round Robin match

So it's definitely a good start on the exercise front too.

Oh, I had a come to baby Jesus moment recently.  I constantly argue with myself about running.  I know I *should* do it but here's the thing.  I hate it.  I shouldn't have to convince myself to go and do it.  I can get up and get on the elliptical and not think twice about it but getting up and going for a run usually results in my having a 30 minute conversation in my head (using Gollum's voice) about the pros and cons of doing so.  So, I finally realized that instead of arguing with myself, let me just take that out of the equation and go back to what I do like.  The elliptical and walking.  So no more running for Desiree' and I'm not even upset about it.  I get enough running in during tennis.

It's finally getting a decent cold snap here and I found these nice micro-fleece pants (with pocketses for tennis balls!) from Wal-Mart of all places!  I snagged 2 pair!  I tried them during last night's tennis and they were actually super comfy too!

I wasn't trying to look grumpy.  Chris took like 12 photos of this pose and none of them came out like I wanted so this will just have to suffice.  Plus light behind me = bad photo.


Tennis was fun last night at Round Robin.  I met another of my teammates and we all played well!  I lost the first match 4-6 but won the 2nd 7-5 but each of the sets were very close.  We opted not to play the 3rd because it was already getting late and cold too.  My serves were pretty inconsistent though but it could also be because I really haven't played since early December. 

We also found out yesterday that we will start the league play in late February so I'm hoping that we will be able to get everyone on the team together and line up some practices each week.  Good things are hopefully in the works for Mid-Court Crisis!  I'm excited about it!



49 comments:

  1. Wow, a 1.6 pound loss is AWESOME! I knew you'd lose this week! I think taking running out of the equation is a good plan. I will NEVER be a runner, and I've tried. I just know that if the choice is between running and not working out for me, I'm not gonna work out. So I do what I like, and make sure to change it up every few months to surprise my muscles. I think your mental health will thank you for sticking to what you like!! (Tennis sounds awesome, btw!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Yep, you are right. I'm hoping to eventually add some type of body pump or something into the mix at some point as well but our local Y's don't have them yet.

      Delete
  2. Great loss!! Just imagine next week after TOM is gone and your mealprep is chuggin along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Gosh I hope so! I need some wind in my motivation sails!

      Delete
  3. Nice to meet me through Weigh in Wednesday!!! I am now a follower!
    We lost the same amount this week! LOL!
    I am at http://annstersdomain.blogspot.com if you want to follow back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! Nice to meet you as well! Great loss this week to you! Going to check out your blog now!

      Delete
  4. AWESOME job on the loss... any loss during that week of the month is a huge win so you obviously did a great job! And I love that you're so excited about your tennis... what a fun, healthy habit to have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, pocketses!

    And way to go on the loss! You're back on track and kicking ass :) And I think that's a great move. It makes a lot more sense to do what motivates you, not what you have to fight and convince yourself to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I was wondering if anyone would get that! :)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Hurray for being back on track. You are doing great :) I completely agree with you about not trying to force yourself to run if you are getting your exercise in other ways that you truly enjoy. I always love seeing your sock collection - my question - do you choose socks for weigh-in or they just what you happen to be wearing that day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna!

      Ok confession time. I weigh barefoot first but I hate feet in general (they creep me out) then I go back into my bedroom and grab a pair of socks to take the "official" picture with. I usually do end up wearing those socks though that I take the picture with. I like funky socks, what can I say! :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the loss and getting back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome loss! Good for you!

    I feel ya on the come to jesus moment. I had to do that with my morning runs. Anything before 6AM I would turn my alarm off and say screw it. Pushing it back until 6:02am (10 minutes later) makes all the difference in the world. The mind is a tricky thing. Focus on what you love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the loss, that is so awesome! And I totally feel ya on having these revelations. Life is short, so why do something you don't like and fuss/argue with yourself about it? All the time spent in angst could be used to enjoy and activity that gives you pleasure, such as tennis, walking, etc. It's something different for everyone! And you crack me up on the feet vs socks thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah! You are definitely getting smaller!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic job...way to start off the new year! I'm working on getting myself back on track!

    Sometimes you just have to know when to call mercy! I know I will never be a person to work out in the morning.....JUST WON'T HAPPEN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome loss, and that makes complete sense to go back to what you enjoy rather than forcing yourself to run!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for a great week! Isn't it awesome when you have those lightbulb moments and get some real clarity about how to move forward? I can't wait to hear about all the butt-kicking your team is going to do ^_~ Do you guys get matching shirts? Cause, just saying, that would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! Yea, we totally need matching shirts and stuff. I'll have to look into that! :D

      Delete
  14. Awesome loss this week! Great job with the exercising too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great loss this week! I totally agree if you don't like it don't do it... Just do what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pocketses :-) Good call on the running. There are so many great forms of exercise, why do one you don't like? Plus, all the respectable training programs I've seen lately list running (especially longer distances) as something to do if you enjoy it or if you have a goal of running a race.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the loss! I agree with not running. Why do exercise you don't like if you are already doing exercises you do like?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you're back in the game (literally and metaphorically (ha ha)). Great week on the exercise front and great loss! And definitely don't run if you hate it! I detest the elliptical and the treadmill so I just don't do those!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely don't run if you hate it! It's hard enough to exercise when it is something fun, much less when it is something you dread. I know it is hard to let things go but it can be a good thing. :) Congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 1.6 pound loss is awesome. And, I agree with others. Don't run if you don't enjoy it. It can be great exercise for those who love it, but for those who don't it absolutely isn't necessary to do it. Walking, elliptical, tennis are all great.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely remove the running from the equation! Fitness must be something you enjoy for you to be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm really glad you came to realize that running isn't for you. And I'm a runner!

    One of my big pet peeves is people thinking they HAVE to run even if they hate it. There are plenty of other ways to get your cardiovascular exercise in, and if you hate running, don't do it. Do what you like. I hate doing isolation machines at the gym and prefer free weights and kettlebells. So guess what I do instead?

    Fitness and this lifestyle change is all about you being able to stick with it and enjoy living life. There's not room for doing things you hate just because someone out there on the interwebz told you that "you should be" doing it. That's bs.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B.J. Yep, I just can't ever see myself wanting to run. I did give it a try and it's just not for me.

      Delete
  23. Definitely don't do something you don't enjoy. It's just not worth it. Glad you realized that. It's a hard thing to do.... I still not sure I have. Congrats on your loss. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete