Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Weigh In Wednesday


I'm really trying to get my head back in the game here.  I've felt like my food has been better but not quite where I need it to be.  I also know that activity has been wishy-washy lately.  I did get in some good exercise, but not as consistently as I would have liked.  So with all that being said, I knew that this weigh in was not going to be pretty.


That's a gain of +3 in two weeks time.  Now granted, I didn't "officially" weigh in last week.  But I did peek at the scale and I'm at least down from that awful number.  But that doesn't mean that I'm pleased with this weigh in.  I'm not.  At all.

So yea, I need to get back on track (again).  Consistency and logging.  I know what I need to do, now to just implement it.

Back to activity.  I've had several days of tennis with all the practicing we are starting to do for our team and so far everything is going good!  I think I underestimated how much actual work being a captain is.  I do have help now so that's a relief at least.  But there's a lot of reading, learning the rules, ordering balls (home teams supply the tennis balls for each match), organizing, etc.  Anyway, it's a lot of work!  But so far it's still been fun!  This is the activity that I've been doing lately.




Other than that, I've been trying a few new recipes lately and this one came out really good!  I can't remember where I saw it first but here's a link.   It was the Crock Pot Balsamic Pork.


Forgot to take an "after pic" but it really came out great!

Well guess I'm going to wrap this post up.  Hope y'all had a great W.I. if you did so today!




What are you doing to get active today?

30 comments:

  1. Great job getting back into it! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been doing nothing to get active (WHAT?!?!) and really need to change that.

    Love the photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pork sounds deliscious! And you've totally got this! We're going to get you back on track and past this stupid plateau!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiina! It came out really good too! Yes, y'all need to implement the hand a few times with me.

      Delete
  4. Arggh!! Why is it so stinkin' tough to get back on track? I am at least thankful that we are all still trying and haven't completely thrown in the towel. I think we will give that pork a try too...I've been thinking I need to utilize the crock pot more. #bringbackthehand

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job getting back into the swing of things! Newbie here, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have a plan to get back on track. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It happens. You're getting back on track though. I love how much you love tennis. You make me want to find a racket and try out the court.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pork looks so awesome! I am honestly unhappy with most of the freezer meal recipes I've tried, so I need something new for the crockpot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good! I was surprised! I think it came out better putting it on a bun though than eating it by itself though.

      Delete
  9. Oh man, a gain is always tough. But you've got the right mindset.

    How's your quad issue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leg is much better. Only a twinge but I'll give it a go tonight. If it starts hurting again, I'll slack off.

      Delete
  10. The fact that you're still posting and still keeping at it is what counts!! It's a marathon, not a sprint and you are doing awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My scale keeps going in the wrong direction too.....I am so frustrated. I knew I was not doing anything AT ALL for a few weeks but then after all the walking in KW and the half marathon I expected good things....up 2+.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww sorry about that Gigi, hopefully we'll be back in the downward trend asap.

      Delete
  12. We'll have to try the balsamic pork. I'd die without my slow cooker but I love any time I have new things to try out. You'll be great getting back on track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I love my slow cooker too! We use it all the time!

      Delete
  13. You know how to get back on track, and I know you'll do it. You've done it before, you'll do it again! You got this! (And that balsamic pork roast looks YUMMERS)

    ReplyDelete