Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Weigh In Wednesday

Weigh In Wednesday  

Quickie W.I.W. here since I have a dentist appointment in a bit.

Let's just rip the ole band-aid off, shall we?


Yea, a gain of a pound.  BUT I'm actually not that upset about it.  Because I took a sneaky look on Friday last week and I was up (!!!) to 204.  Since Sunday though, I have been really diligent with food and exercise.  I've been logging everything in MFP and exercising consistently (around 1500 cal per day).   I finally feel like I'm mostly back.  I've got a couple of things to tweak but I'm feeling much better about my effort at least. 


One thing about being on a league (practicing - we haven't started match play yet) and fitting in your normal tennis clinics and such is that I'm burning a ton of calories!



And in between I'm trying to put more effort in at the gym with balancing things out on the elliptical and with weights.  I even bought myself some weightlifting gloves.  I feel all professional now.  :)



Also back to meal prepping regularly too.  Especially with such a busy schedule, it's absolutely necessary for me to do this so I don't resort to eating fast food between work and tennis.


Sorry this was so short but hope you all did well if you weighed in today!  I'm looking forward to seeing what the scale says next week!


19 comments:

  1. Sounds like your right back on track! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job getting back to meal prepping- it's key for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on catching it before you felt out of control! Here's to a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how active you are :0) I am definitely wanting to do more meal planning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yea, it helps so so much. Especially knowing you have a backup if you just don't feel like cooking some nights!

      Delete
  5. Okay, I might need you to come to my house and teach me your meal planning ways. Not to be a creeper, but I often think on Sundays "I should be prepping like Desiree." At times when I do have a plan I get derailed by the "better offer" - how do you combat that problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I just know that if I don't do it, I'll be totally and utterly screwed during the week. Especially for my lunches while at work! Better to have food that I bring than to take a hit by eating out and on my pocketbook!

      Delete
  6. I'm so impressed that you can burn over 1000 calories a day. Those are some hard core work outs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so much more successful when I plan meals. It doesn't always happen, but I literally am perfect when I prep ahead of time. This week I washed and chopped a ton of lettuce and put it in a tub, and I can't believe how much I've eaten salad this week. That 10 minutes of prep made me eat three big salads over the course of three days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. It's really such a good habit to get into (the meal prep) and so much cheaper than eating out, and not to mention less stressful with trying to rush around and figure out what you are going to eat.

      Delete
  8. You look very badass and official with your weight lifting gloves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to hear your feeling better! How you feel is far more important then the number on a scale...

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete