Tuesday, February 3, 2015

February Goals

Quickie post here.

Wanted to share some goals that I'm working on this month.  I really need to get back to some consistency with strength training so that's what I'm going to focus on mainly.

I need to also get back to walking regularly.  I've not been doing too well with hitting my 10K steps already this month so I need to step (ha!) it up.  I'd like to hit 70,000 per week if I can.

So this is my plan:
  • 70,000K steps per week
  • 2x Strength training at the gym
  • Kettleball 3x per week
  • Tennis at least 4x per week
If you noticed I squeezed in kettleball in there.   Sunday since tennis practice was cancelled, I went to Academy Sports instead and picked up this bad boy.






I also downloaded an app that had good reviews.  Hopefully I don't kill myself with that thing or kill a cat or my tv, heaven forbid.  I now have to think of a snazzy name for him. 


What are your goals for February? 

15 comments:

  1. I've been terrible with steps as well, so hopefully this month I can do a little better with it. That cat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I need to get back into the whole doing better with walking thing. Thanks. Doyle thinks he's adorable too. :)

      Delete
  2. "Kevin" sounds random and cute (reference to UP) but we can work on something better for your kettleball!

    I love how you have totally embraced tennis as your primary cardio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah I like Kevin! But I do have a cousin named that so I need to stick with someone I don't know. Maybe Rodrigo or Herschal. haha

      Yep, and you know I do love me some tennis so why not! (on the other days, I totally plan on elliptical though)

      Delete
  3. OoO pretty kettle bell. You're going to kill February. It's your month to get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work with the kettle bell. What about Quasimodo?

    I need to work on my strength routine, too. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goals!!! My goals are to make more whole foods plant based meals--make them faster! Plus make more of it so I have leftovers for lunch!
    Exercise--I'm gonna try out cross fit this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirtley and great goals too! I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on Cross fit!

      Delete
  6. Wow, that is awesome! My goals are just to keep going strong and increase the weight or reps in my weight machine routine little by little.

    Kettle bells are AWESOME. I've never used them but I hear they are so good for weight loss and strength training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Great goals!!!

      Yea, I"m excited to get started with the K.B. too!

      Delete
  7. Can't wait to hear about your kettle ball experiences - I've never tried them. Here's to know dropping it or whacking anything important :) I have given up all sweets for February. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love kettlebells! I need to get back into using mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to hear how you like the kettlebell. I have one and when I was using it, loved it. I need to get back to it! What app are you using?

    ReplyDelete