Monday, February 9, 2015

Weekly Update / Weekend Recap

Man, it's been a hot minute since I did one of these on the ole blog.  I guess I really need the accountability though!

Last week was utter crap for me.  See below..


T.O.M. reared its ugly head and kicked my butt.  Also laziness.  Food was not so hot either.  I lost my MFP streak because of my own stupidity too.  But I guess this means a clean slate to start from and all is not lost.  I do feel a resurgence of motivation so I need to just hop on board that train and start riding again. 

Oh side note here after looking at my garmin stats.  What the heck!  I've noticed after turning 40 that I just do not sleep anymore!  From like 2am til right before the alarm goes off I am wide awake.   If this is a side effect of aging, I do not want!


The weekend was pretty good for me though, despite having such a bad week.  And it really flew by.  Chris had to work all weekend so I was pretty much left to my own devices.  Friday, I binged on Scandal until he came home and then we watched some dvr'ed shows before falling asleep at around 9.  (We are so old..)

Saturday, I woke up with Chris when the alarm went off and did a few things around the house before it was time for tennis clinic.  Clinic went well, we worked a bit on volleys and learned how to poach.  (video in the link).  It was fun to do but hard to determine when to do it and not seem like an aggressive asshole.  But our coach says to do it so it must be ok.  (It is an evil move!)

Had a really good burn too!


After clinic one of my friends needed a 4th for an impromptu doubles match so I said I would!   And another 1K+ burn!  Boom!



After tennis, I went and picked Devyn up and we went out for lunch and then yogurt.  (She had icky sushi while I had a Shrimp Remolaude Salad).  


After lunch, she had to go to work so I called mom up and we went to knock out another Oscar nominated movie off the list.  We saw American Sniper.  It was great!  Just not sure if it was Oscar worthy but glad I saw it.  It was about this time that I became aware that I had gotten a sunburn!  In February!  Ouch!


Sunday was errand/meal prep/grocery/cleaning/laundry day.  Then we had team practice at 1.  We had the best turnout yet!  (7 of us showed up - I knew about 2 who were not able to attend and we have 11 on the team total).  We played points out and had enough to rotate around on 2 courts (one for doubles, and the 3 on the other).

Also, my feathery nemesis (nemesi ?) are back and stalking the lake by the courts.


I decided to wear the zombie Bondi Band yesterday in honor of The Walking Dead returning!   (No spoilers, but did you watch?)  Oh. Em. Gee.


I promise I was not trying to strangle the kitty.  He likes to be petted like that oddly enough.  Chris just snapped a pic mid-pet and it looks like I was trying to murder him.  I wasn't.  Even though sometimes its tempting.  :)



How was your weekend?  Do anything fun?  Do you watch The Walking Dead?

18 comments:

  1. Hahahaha your kitty! That is so funny. This sounds like a good week! And DAMN your tennis burns a lot of calories! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a clean slate is what you need. It seems like you've got the exercise down, so now for the hard part...food! I'm the same way. Foo dis so much harder than moving.

    Also, that sunburn looks so painful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it really is. I've been really vigilant about logging since Saturday! So we shall see!

      Delete
  3. Seriously OMG The Walking Dead last night!! I stayed up and watched the Talking Dead too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riiiight? I haven't had a chance to watch Talking Dead yet but finally finished Better Call Saul! It was great too! I'm so glad TWD is back!

      Delete
  4. Ouch to the sunburn! Wear sunscreen! (Said in a mom voice!)

    Glad you got your burn on this weekend (other than the sunburn) (Have I mentioned the sunscreen?)

    And I love the kitty pic! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I've learned my lesson! Had no idea that it would be that burn-y but from now on, I pinky promise swear that I will wear it!

      Delete
  5. Canadian geese are evil!!! Don't let them torment you! ;)

    That is a darling photo on your cat! My 2 cats like to be pet "hard" (not meant to sound dirty), as well! The purr purr purr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, there is a definite difference in kitty pets and Oz likes it 'hard' too lol. But not in a weird way. Love the purr purrs!

      Delete
  6. Oh man, I just felt a pang looking at your shrimp remolaude! Love that stuff. Without spoilers, how was Better Call Saul? I am dying to watch it, but we promised to watch it with my aunt/uncle later in the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT. WAS. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Finally finished it last night!) Shrimp Remolaude was epic too. But I prefer the more green lettuce. Still excellent just the same!

      Delete
  7. Sunburnt in February!!! the weather was just too perfect to NOT get outside!

    I may have to avoid all blogs and social media until I can get to watch Daryl, I mean Walking Dead because it is getting too tempting to succumb to the tease of spoilers (everyone I follow has been good about no spoilers though! thank you!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it really was a perfect weekend to do anything outside! Gorgeous!

      I learned my lesson about TWD once before. I absolutely have to watch it on time because my fb news feed blows up and I've been oh so spoiled before... Sophia. Ugh.

      Delete
  8. Girl---that MFP streak! I had it going for a long time months ago, now I'm good for a few days, then off. Ugh--so frustrating! That cat pic is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I was just logging in enough to keep the streak going but didn't actually log anything, so it was kinda bogus for me anyway. But since Saturday I have been faithful with actually logging for loggings sake!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Wow do you get a great burn on the tennis courts! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Walking Dead=awesome!!!

    Sounds like tennis is going great.

    ReplyDelete