Monday, February 16, 2015

Weekly Update / Weekend Recap

Hey guys!

How was your Valentine's Day weekend? 

Ours didn't quite go as planned but was still pretty dang awesome anyway!

First up though, last week.  I had a MUCH better week than the week before both in eating and with  activity level.  Really really hoping to see a loss on Wednesday.



In fact, the only activity that didn't quite go as planned was Saturday but I'll get to that in a minute.  :)

So other than getting more walking in during the day and getting more strength training in throughout the week,  this was overall a really good one.  I'll work on those steps and the weights this week.  Notice only one kettleball workout.  I sorta underestimated how intense that was too, but I am going to try to do this at least 3 times this week.

Weekend stuff - So since it was Valentine's Day weekend and this was supposed to be a restful weekend for Chris (he had to work a ton of O/T last week), we naturally did the exact opposite.  (not quite intentionally).  Friday was relaxing at least - and he fell asleep on the couch at about 8:30, while trying to clean out the dvr.

Saturday we woke up, puttered around the house for a bit.  Then we went to go drop the Family Truckster (Kia) off to get the tires looked at.  After we did that, the plan was to either wait for my front tire to be fixed or have Chris drop me off at tennis clinic.  We were killing some time driving around when the guy from the tire place called back and said that the two back tires were going bad and needed to be replaced.  Oy.  Wasn't planning on that.  We told him initially to just fix the front tire and we'd replace them asap.  So we were still driving around and for the last 3 weeks or so as a joke I had been texting Chris various cars for sale.  We had actually been thinking of downsizing for some time now since I am not hauling the kiddo around anymore and the Kia was just too much car for me.  As almost an afterthought, Chris suggested that we go look at one of the cars I had texted to him.

So yea, this happened..




Needless to say, we won't have to buy new tires for the Kia at least! And I also missed clinic Saturday.  Ah well, we did have practice Sunday.

The whole day was negotiating and dealing with car stuff, insurance and all that jazz.  We actually have less of a note with the Mustang by $20, but the insurance did go up $25.  So we are technically only playing $5.00 more!

After all that, we were famished.  We ended up meeting Devyn and her boyfriend and my mom and aunt for dinner.  We didn't quite manage to fit in Kingsman movie though (maybe next weekend).

Sunday was busy with errands, laundry, cleaning.  The usual stuff.  Then we had practice but this week had a poor turnout compared to the week before.  It's Mardi Gras week here in Louisiana so I'm sure that had something to do with it.  It was myself and two other ladies but we still played out some points for about an hour.  A nice little burn anyway!


OH!  One week and one day until league starts!  AHHH!  I finally think I have a handle on the schedule and will be emailing it out to all my teammates.  I'm nervous about it starting but excited at the same time.  I'm hoping every one will want to continue practicing too once league starts!



So that was pretty much our weekend!  How was yours?  Did you spend your weekend with the ones you love?  Do anything special for Valentine's Day?

20 comments:

  1. Dang, you're going to be one hot momma driving that car around! :)

    With all of your activity, I hope you kick butt with this week's weigh-in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome Valentine's gift! Lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the best weekends are the ones that don't go according to play.Enjoy your new ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY new car! Understandable that you would miss a clinic for that puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the car and the colour!!! So beautiful.

    PS, jealous of your weather. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new car! Quite the Valentine's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet new car, I love it!! We drive a 2000 Ranger and a 2006 Mazda 6 and really need to replace at least one of them, but since they're paid off, it's tough to decide to take on payments again!

    ReplyDelete