Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Weigh In Wednesday

Ya'll know when you know you are about to do something dumb?  You even think 'hey this is dumb, you really shouldn't do it', but yet you still do it anyway?

I had a rough day yesterday.  It started out innocent enough.  I planned my breakfast and morning snack so that was a win.  Then I somehow took a detour into crap-ville and stayed there the rest of the day.

The plan was this, get off work at 11:30, pick up daughter, go to eat somewhere sensible, then take her to her eye doctor appointment, run a few more errands, bring her home, then go home, eat my meal that was already prepped and then go to tennis.

What actually happened was this:  get off work, Mom and Dad call an audible.  "Lets go meet at this new place, Red Robin".  OH EM GEE!  Eat the best damn burger I have ever had outside of Beaches and Cream at Walt Disney World....  Waddle out the door to the car and bring Dev to her appointment,  run all the errands and then drop her off.   Then this happened:

Ahh Baton Rouge traffic.

By the time I left Devyn's apartment it was 4:30.  I knew by the time I had to get home I needed to eat dinner, change and get ready to leave for tennis by no later than 5:50.  I got home at 6:05.  There was NO WAY after fighting all that traffic that I even wanted to get in my car again.  So needless to say no tennis.  And the bad decisions didn't end there either!

The kitchen was a mess and I didn't feel like heating up my leftovers so what does any sane person do?  I talked Mr. Skinny Geek into ordering Chinese food.  Because you do that when you have just sat in traffic for an hour and a half and to top it all off you (TMI alert..... boys look away NOW!) have just started your monthly "visitor" on said car ride home.

Excuses yes, I have plenty.  I just now have to start again.  Again.

But back to the present.  I did not even weigh in "officially" with the camera today.  I did look to see how bad it was.  (Up only two, which is a miracle after the burger and sesame chicken and zero exercise fiasco yesterday).   So I guess this is me "un-officially" weighing in.  202.



On a more positive note, isn't this the cutest little kitty paw ever?


31 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up over it too much. Just shake it off and stand back up. We're getting you out of the 2's again and keeping you out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day!! Thankfully, you won't have to repeat it over and over again to get it right. (Guess who was watching Groundhog Day?) Today is a completely new day. And, yes, completely adorable little kitty paw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we've all been there- you can get back on it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww....a perfectly purdy paw!

    That sounds like a day for sure that deserves some carby goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! We have Red Robin here and I really love them, except nothing they make is healthy. Nothing. Take a gander at the calorie counts and be prepared to sob. They really do have amazing burgers, and I also like that Whiskey Chicken Wrap. Don't get me started on my passionate love for the fries. But we rarely go because it's nearly impossible to fit it into a regular day, it would have to be a long run day. You know I feel you on the lady stuff, I really struggled yesterday too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I definitely can't go there very often but dang it was a tasty burger.

      Delete
  6. That sounds like a blizzard of a day. And Red Robin's DGB (Damn Good Burger) with added feta is literally the best burger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I'll have to try that one next time. I had debated on it. I got the Ghost and Pepper one. OMG divine!

      Delete
  7. I've never been a big fan of Red Robin. Mind you, I don't eat hamburgers. And if it is a new location, they probably have their A game on. All the ones in my area are pretty dingy.
    That's too bad about your day, but today is new. Start fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely the cutest kitty paw ever. I need to get my kitties up on my blog too. Kirby is camera shy though. I gained a whopping 3 pounds in one week, which in my opinion is rediculous. I don't know how it happened but I know the weekend is probably the culprit. estherdavison@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't beat yourself up. Shark week can make you gain a pound or two even without the addition of takeout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kittie toe beans make everything better :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ug, Im sorry you had a frustrating day! I like to tell my clients to not look back and keep moving forward. --I think you are good at that!
    The biggest thing for me was self-love.

    Once I super 'liked' myself (say it out loud haha), I could forgive myself and not 'punish myself' by over eating. It was weird haha.

    You're awesome Desiree!!!! Very. cute. kitten!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shake it off. It sucks, but we all have crap days where we make crappy decisions. And hormones are the worst and don't help us make better decisions that is FOR SURE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Next week will be awesome for you. I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did a really good (not perfect but pretty good) job at Disney all week and then I came home exhausted and feeling down and ate half a bag of cheetoes and a bunch of Popeyes. My first real falling off my no crap plan since Christmas. Sigh. My point is that you're not alone and that I know we'll both do awesome this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This blog post made me hungry! We all get off track sometimes Des...the important thing is to remember how good it feels to get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the kitty paw to balance things. :) A lot of that 2 is salt - Red Robin is super salty and chinese is as well. Life happens - pick yourself back up and keep going (says the girl who is having to remind herself of this again and again now that she's back to normal life post-vacation and afraid of the post-vacation scale reading!).

    ReplyDelete