Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Weigh In Wednesday


Morning folks!

Let's jump right in shall we?


I didn't officially weigh in last week because I knew going into that day that it was going to be bad.  But I did take a peek at the scale that day and it was up around 203 or 204.  I don't really remember because I wanted to hurry up and get it out of my brain.  BUT, since the 2 weeks time technically things are back on track and even though officially I'm up .2 since then I'm still pleased with it because I feel like I've really gotten my head back on straight.  ONEderland is in my grasp.   Again.  And then, I'm coming after my plateau from hell number - 186.2.  Then next up beyond that is the 60 pound mark - 184.4.    I don't know if this is even technically possible but I'd love to be as close as I can to that number by the time our New York trip gets here in late May.

I didn't get to play for the first matches of our League play last night but I did still get to play Round Robin at least.  I got put in with ladies who are 3.5/4.0 and man was I overwhelmed.   It was nice to see that with some practice and effort I can maybe one day hope to be as good as they are though!  So even though I was way out of my league (ha!) it was still a good night and a decent burn!


The original plan was to watch and cheer on my teammates while they played their matches but about 5 minutes in is when I got called to fill in for the round robin, so I really didn't get much time to watch our girls at all.  I did snap one pic though.  The bear is concealing the identity just in case she doesn't want her pic all over the interwebz.  


I have to give my girls some serious props here.  The majority of our players are participating in our very first league play ever.  And of the ones playing last night, 3 I think have never played USTA leagues so I am really proud of us getting out there and playing.  Plus the weather was really cold (for us.. don't laugh Northerners!).  It was around 45º.  They allow us to cancel and reschedule matches below 40º. 

So that being said, we won only 1 of the 3.  I think now that we've got our first few matches under our belts and once everyone else gets to play their first matches too; we will all settle in and start kicking butt.



20 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had an awesome time, even though it was cold :). And don't beat yourself up too much, as you'll be back into ONEderland before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great evening. I love that playing with the "better" players motivated you to improve, instead of discouraging you - great mindset!! And by the way you are a Team Captain in a tennis league - how awesome is that???!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries, 45 is frigid to me!!
    Keep moving it! I bet despite the number on the scale, your clothes are still fitting that you got when you were in a different (smaller) decade, you've come along way with your tennis and activity, your muscles are reshaping your body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for being back on track! You're totally going to hit that 60 pound mark :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You are so awesome for playing a team sport and putting yourself out there, stuff like that scares me to death! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So close to being back in Onederland... glad to hear you're getting things back and line, you'll be back in the 100's in no time! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa wait, you will be in NY in May??? Where ? How Long?

    ReplyDelete
  8. A small gain, a tiny blip. I am glad you are in a good headspace to realize that. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just tackling your first league play is such a huge victory Coach :) Who cares about the score? Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're moving in the right direction! And you're having fun with tennis too, which is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHHHHHHH i suck and haven't read your blog posts lately, BUT I AM BACK! Sorry about that! You are so super close to Onederland that I know you'll be there soon :) You got this! ANd so proud of your tennis league~!

    ReplyDelete