Monday, March 2, 2015

February Recap / March Goals / Weekend recap

Good morning guys!

Birds are chirping outside my window right now and it is making me so happy!  I can't believe we are already in March!  This year is flying by!


February started out as a dud but ended up much better.  I'd rate February as a solid B as far as effort, but a D with not quite doing enough.  Overall though, tennis was my main form of exercise (all the purple) so its time for me to get back in other cardio habits and just not rely as much on that.  Sure the burn is great, but I need to get back to a more structured routine I think.  The calories I burn with tennis are just gravy.  Sooo I dusted off (literally!) the ole elliptical in my living room and used it for the first time in about 6 months.  When I go to the gym, I always use the ellipticals there.  I have issues with my elliptical.  Its definitely more of a workout than the ones in the gym.  I think the one I have has extra resistance or something.  I can do an hour like nobody's business on the ones at the gym and on mine I struggle to hit 30 minutes and I've checked, there is really no way to ease up on the resistance.  Maybe I'll get used to it eventually.  I just have to use it more often.


I actually broke a sweat this morning!   And you'll notice that I actually got my behind up and out of bed and go this done.  

Part of my March goals will be to attempt to do this more often.   Which brings me to those goals..

1.  Elliptical 30 minutes - 3 times per week BEFORE work.   (a lofty goal, sure but I can do it.)
2.  Win a league match!  My partner Jill and I play tomorrow for the first time in actual league play!
3.  Strength - at least twice per week (kettleball and weights at the gym count)

We had a pretty awesome weekend.  Didn't get much done activity wise, but we got a lot of House of Cards watched (we are 8 episodes in!) and did a lot around the house as well:  meals planned and prepped, house cleaned, laundry done, yard weeded and weedeated thanks to Devyn and her boyfriends help!  - It was too wet to mow though.... 


Bought a cute new tank top from Target!


Chris finally bought and got our new toilet installed!  We have a second useable bathroom again!  Next home improvement project will be fencing in our yard!


Meal prepped in epic fashion!  We now have lunches and dinners for both of us for the next 6 days.


Tried this for the first time today at Running on Candy's recommendation.  It was awesome!


And here's a pic of my sweet snuggly boy, Loki.



And finally, while I'm not a huge Trekkie/Trekker (I prefer Star Wars, but I totally respect S.T. and do love to watch ST:TNG as well as the newer films).  I just wanted to say a little something about Leonard Nimoy's passing.   Nearly every single thing I've read about the man has said nothing but positive things and that he was such a kind and gentle soul.   If you have a second, read this letter that he wrote in 1968 to a young bi-racial girl. 

RIP Sir. You lived long and prospered.

19 comments:

  1. I use honey stinger waffles on my long runs and love them! I just started using them, used to use Gu chews. Between honey stingers and gummi bears I am going to rock my long training ha!

    I love that tank top. LOVE IT!

    Yay to a second toilet!

    YOU ARE GOING TO KICK THIS MONTH'S ASS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I opted to try the waffle for breakfast, but I think I may save the other one I bought (chocolate) and use it for a snack right before my match tomorrow. Do you find that it helps sustain the energy?
      It is adorable! Can't wait to wear it!
      YES, yay indeed to a 2nd toilet! You never realize how much you miss it until it's gone!
      Thanks again! I hope so! :)

      Delete
  2. That letter hit me in the feelings. I was never a Star Trek fan, but as I've gotten older I appreciate its subtle way of dealing with bigger social issues. Nimoy seemed like such a classy dude, and I think a lot of it is that when actors like him start dying it makes you panic because we're at a point where we're going to start losing some really good people. (cue Mary rushing to create a prayer circle around Betty White)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are so right. So many we've lost last year and it looks like we are dropping some big time ones early on this year too. Betty White is immortal (or she should be!)

      Delete
  3. I love honey stinger waffles. Totally my running fuel of choice. Major props for attempting the AM workouts...Changing routine habits like that is never easy! Also, OMG you are the queen of meal prep. I've tried a million times to get into a meal prep routine, but I am really not organized enough yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meal prep is hard work but so so rewarding when you don't have to think or prep anything other than reheating it in the microwave. I wish I could do it more often!

      Delete
  4. Great idea getting back on the elliptical. I can totally see you banging out 30 minutes 3x a week! Great job on the meal prep - my husband would be totally on board with the leftover pizza meal :) Sadly, my weekend was spent spent on the couch hacking up a lung and tearing through a box of tissues. We watched the entire last season of SoA...sure wish it had been HoC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes sorry you guys have been under the weather! Now time to get you caught up on HoC so we can talk! :)

      Delete
  5. George Takei has said that Leonard was the most human human he had ever met. I am a ST fan and Spock was always my favorite.

    I am glad you like the waffles and I think you will find your energy will be great for your match. They are the only thing along with gummy bears I can keep down during a long run and they really do help me.

    I am so jealous of your weather....now but in July I will not be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. July I will be envious of your weather, I assure you! :) Yea, I'm digging the waffles! I want to try the caramel one next! The honey was fantastic though!

      Delete
  6. I'm not a huge fan of old school Star Trek either, but my husband is so LN's passing was a sad moment in our house. You're right, that you rarely heard anything about him that wasn't positive. I hope the same can be said of me after 80+ years - that's a rare thing.

    Good job with the elliptical in the morning! I am totally not coordinated enough to use one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes you are right about LN. I have not heard one negative thing about him either. May we all have that said of us in the end.

      Delete
  7. Leonard Nimoy was probably one of the greatest people EVER. He will certainly be missed!

    Good for you on the elliptical! There are some at my gyms that are way harder than the one I usually use, lol...it's a resistance thing like you said, I think. Darn! Sometimes I get stuck using those and I'm like nooooooooooooo but I know I get a good calorie burn! Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your February!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok that new top is ridiculously cute- and so me! I want one!

    ReplyDelete