Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March recap and a little Tennis Tuesday too!

March started out good but somewhere along the way things started going a little downhill.  Motivation and the ebbs and flows, I guess.  Not sure.  All I know is that I can do better.  I want to do better.  We now have a pretty solid plan in place and I'm excited to get this weight loss train a rolling once more.



I'll weigh in tomorrow but this is the most current pic of me taken this morning.  Weigh - ins on April Fool's just seem cruel. 


I'm still taking things pretty easy on the old shoulder but it is doing about 1,000 times better than what it was last Wednesday.  I have range of motion completely back and only the slightest discomfort when I sleep (I think its still bruised inside and under the skin).  And I'm officially out of the sling as of today too!  I don't have to play tonight so that will help.  I may attempt to practice a bit tomorrow just to see how it goes.  If it hurts, I will stop though.  I'm just anxious to get back on the courts. 

Also I'm going to attempt to get back to making these protein shakes more often.  When I was actually losing,  I would have one of these a few times a week either replacing a snack or breakfast so putting this back in the rotation is a must. 

This one is Cake Batter flavored.  All of the yumminess, none of the bad stuff.



So with the food part heading the in the right direction and having Chris on board fully, because apparently I've hit a point in my weight loss where I can't seem to do it alone, we've come up with a pretty good plan.  Sometimes Mr. Skinny Geek has a smart idea (who am I kidding, he always does!)... and he suggested that since all too soon here in South Louisiana humidity will descend upon us and we will be wringing with sweat at 5am, that we instead get up and do our daily walks at his work instead of mosquito infested 100% humidity.    So we did a trial run this morning and it went pretty well!  And because we walked on carpet and not concrete (AND more importantly in air conditioning), he actually made it to 30 minutes instead of 16 from the day before due to his sciatica flaring up.   Of course the view isn't all that spectacular...

The roof has a freaky 2001: A Space Odyssey vibe

This mall used to be the place to be in the 70s/early 80s.  Now it is just offices.  Sad.  I spent many, many quarters in the arcade that was right around here. 


But you get the drift.  And because I had the morning off, I went to the gym also and did 35 minutes on the elliptical and then 20 minutes of leg work.  BOOM!  Good day indeed!


I'm not going to lay down any concrete plans for April just yet.  I do have a couple of things I want to see happen (like us to not lose the first round in a tennis tournament that one of my teammates and I signed up for!) and also just to get in a good routine between my meal planning and us eating better at home.  And then of course the exercise part.  I will say this.  I want to attempt to hit 2500 exercise minutes in April  That will be my only 'major' goal I think with a few minor ones spread around.  With all the walking we plan to start doing (and hopefully continue with) and tennis, I should be able to hit it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tennis Tuesday - Blerg, I had a whole new plan for this week and I was going to discuss the backhand return and show the importance of over-grip in defending against hand blisters but 1) I got injured and 2) my cell phone decided to crap out and I lost a lot of my pictures.  So, no tennis-y stuff today other than this.  


13 comments:

  1. That's a really good idea, walking at your husband's work! And hey, because you're walking together, you can talk!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww man, reminds me of the Hammond mall. I always get the sads thinking about how it has changed. It's great that you and Chris are walking together, it's always more fun when you have someone there to chat with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, glad you found an alternative to walking in the humidity. Crazy that his office used to be a mall. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your shoulder is almost back to normal. I am sure missing out on tennis has been driving you nuts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it really has been! Hoping to test the waters tonight

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear the shoulder is doing better and Chris is on board with your plan! It really does make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a GREAT plan about walking @ Chris's work! the AC will help tremendously. AND then you went to the gym?! You rock, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walking indoors is such a great idea in Louisiana and bonus for getting Chris to join you. Definitely a win-win! Glad your shoulder is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete