Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Weigh In Wednesday


Another Wednesday and I knew this weigh in wasn't going to be so great.  My eating was not very good last week and exercise was non-existent with all the things we had going on.

202.0.

Sorry no pic, phone was dead.  I know this number is not what I wanted to see but I did halfway expect it so now just gotta move on.  I'm already doing much better since last week though.  Although I do want to mention that I've halfway stopped logging my food into MFP.  I eat the same thing every single day pretty  much, although I do need to tighten up a few more things.  If things get out of hand, I'll get back to daily logging though.

In other news, I finally played in an actual league match last night (my first and my partner, Carly's first!).  I was so so so nervous going into it. 

I got to the courts around 5:30 pm (our matches started at 6:30) about this time Chris started texting me if they had any drills tonight and I told him no but they had the beginners class "Tennis Apprentice" starting again (He and I had did this program last year and it was great!) so he asked me to sign him up for it and he was on the way.  He was able to watch us warm up and play for about 30 minutes before his drills started.

My teammates started arriving and then we each went to our perspective courts and started warming up.  This was the first time our opponents played too so we were all very nervous.  They were great though and very nice so that helped a bit.  Carly and I were very nervous though but once we managed to get through the first set we started calming down I think.  And it took that long for my serve to settle in - LOL.

My ball placement was really good last night but my serve was not so hot.  I only got a few proper hard and fast serves in (about 4 total) but I had to tap the others in when my first serve went into the net.  I hate when I have to weak 2nd serve but it's better that than double faulting I think.  At least when I bonk it in actually is playable.   Anyway, I did pretty well at the net too.  Before we knew it, the entire match was over.  That was the fastest an hour and a half has ever gone I think.   We won the first set 6-1 and the second 6-2!


I found something green to wear for St. Patty's Day too! 


Our other doubles team also won, 6-4, 6-4 (both very exciting sets!!!) but our singles player lost 1-6, 0-6.

And I snagged a pic of Chris nailing a forehand! Sorry so blurry!

If you weighed in today, how did you do? 

33 comments:

  1. Yay!! So glad you finally got to play and had such a great experience :) How about you and Chris for mixed doubles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! I would LOVE for that to happen and the bug is already in Chris's ear for it. The problem is that the mixed doubles league that is during the summer conflicts with my bowling on Monday nights. :(

      Delete
  2. Girl never mind that number on the scale... be proud of your match last night, that's so awesome! Now your first one is behind you AND it was a win! Take that victory and move onward and upward to a better week with your eating... I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo to finally getting to play! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice win on the court!!! I know you'll get back on track. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're such a rock star! Now let's get that food in line and get you to a number you are happy with :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with your tennis wins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job with the tennis win! And can I say I'm really jealous of your touring around NOLA? I've never been, but it's one of the places I most want to visit in the US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! OH man if you ever do get to NOLA you will enjoy it! It's such a vibrant city! I love that we live so close to it!

      Delete
  8. It's been really fun watching your progress in tennis over the last year! You're doing so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, husband is a huge tennis fan, I know nothing. You could tell me that horses stomping their feet keep score in tennis and I'd totally believe you. Anyway I was like, "my friend Des did her tennis league last night and this was the score" and he immediately was "oh wow, that's a fantastic score!" What I'm trying to say is, you're a bad ass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is what looks like a tennis park near my house. I wish I had someone to go with. I would love to join a league like this but not alone. I am not even sure if there is one there or just a lot of courts.

    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww do you have a club or something nearby? Most clubs have beginners classes and such. I bet if you look around you can find something! It's so so much fun!

      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Huge congrats on winning your tennis match and even bigger ones for getting Chris on board with playing! You guys are going to have such a great time!

      Delete
  11. I love reading your tennis recaps, even though I really don't understand it, lol! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! I'm thinking of resurrecting my Tennis Tuesday post and maybe start with some beginner terms and such :)

      Delete
  12. You're looking good, Desiree! Congrats! You burn some serious calories with tennis. I want to learn how to play one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Artney! It's so much fun! I highly recommend it! :)

      Delete
  13. I'm glad you are getting out and playing in the tennis league despite the nerves. That takes courage, but I'm sure the social aspects of having a partner and teammates are very motivating. Being signed up for events like that is probably the best thing you could do for your fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome job with the tennis! And I know you've got the right plan to get the scale where you want it!

    ReplyDelete