Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Weigh In Wednesday

Weigh In Wednesday

Good morning guys!

Another Weigh In Wednesday is here.  I'm happy to say that I'm down .8 this week to 201.2.  Wish it would have been more but once again the weekend sunk me food-wise.  And since we did eat Chinese food Saturday too, I'll happily take that .8 and run with it.

Quickie post here but I wanted to mention that we lost our match last night.  We gave it our all but it just wasn't in the cards.  I think a lot of mental block on my behalf went on because I really think we could have taken them down.  We lost 2-6, 4-6.  My other teammates didn't fare so well either.  We ended up not even starting until closer to 8:40pm (we normally play at 6:30) and it was an actual racquet club that we were playing at rather than the YMCA.  Talk about being out of our comfort zone.  And then of course, being an "elite" racquet club, they required that we wear all white.  Again, no comfort zone there,  I like my snazzy colors and bondi bands.  And then finally, during the first set I took a pretty bad tumble going after the ball (it went in though and we got the point at least) but in doing so I scrapped both knees pretty badly and also felt a "pop" in my shoulder.  I continued playing because other than being shaken up, it didn't affect anything at the time.  We finished out the match and I could tell the shoulder was off and that it would be sore this morning.

Holy effing hell.  I am in some pretty bad pain right now.  (And yes, I'm actually about to head to the local after-hours clinic as soon as they open).  I doubt seriously my doctor would be able to take me today anyway.  I had to get Chris to help me get dressed and I stupidly drove to work by myself.  Turning the steering wheel and getting my seatbelt on were not so fun either.

Soooo, hopefully it will be nothing more than a strain.  Mr. Google says it could be anything from a dislocated shoulder to a rotator cuff injury.  Uh, I hope it's the first one (strain).

If there is any good news it's that it is not my serving arm at least.   Will keep you guys posted as to what the Doc says.


The pic of me was prior to the match.  Trust me, there was no smiling after.  Or today.


22 comments:

  1. Oh no! Sorry to hear about the shoulder and knees and I hope it's not anything serious :(. I hope you feel better soon!

    And a quick shout-out to Mr. Skinny for guest-posting. I lmao and glad the new toy works well. FTR I too am not a fan of chicken breasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it's much better now!
      Thanks! I'm going to try to get him to guest post more often! :)

      Delete
  2. OUCH!

    Man, all white, really? That sucks. How are you going to rock your individuality? Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I couldn't even wear a bondi band! Oh the horror!

      Delete
  3. Yikes, you poor thing! I hope the shoulder pain doesn't end up being too serious! Hopefully you'll just need lots of ice and rest. Woohoo on the scale loss :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, it was a big ole owie but much, much better now!

      Delete
  4. ouch!! I hope your shoulder is okay, I mean Dr.Google didn't give you the option of 'death by shoulder' or the infamous 'achey bones mean cancer' diagnosis! I cough and immediately get the death diagnosis. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it is much much better! LOL Yea, I do that too with Doctor Google.

      Delete
  5. That stinks! I hope you are not sidelined for long. What is the obsession with all white?? One summer I worked as a dog bather at a grooming shop - I ended up quitting - the final straw was when they said I had to wear white pants. Really?!

    P.S. That is a super cute picture of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White pants when grooming dogs!~? Oh the horror!

      LOL thanks :)

      Delete
  6. Yay for the loss but boo to the shoulder! I do admire your grit in going after that ball AND getting the point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks. I have always done that to a fault, when playing basketball in high school I was always the one diving into the bleachers after the ball.

      Delete
  7. Nicely done with the loss. Ouch about the shoulder. I hope it's feeling a little better today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch! Poor knee! At least your injury came from a truly awesome athletic endeavor, right? Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Jessica. Yea, I'd love to see an instant replay of that move LOL

      Delete
  9. Yikes! I hope it's nothing serious! Good job on the loss though :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep on keeping on! It`s spring this is a great time to recommit to our goals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The all white rule is just silly! I hope your shoulder is ok!!

    ReplyDelete