Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Weigh In Wednesday and a pup-date

She's a big star

Ok so my not logging in MFP has seriously come back to bite me in the behind.  I thought that since I pretty much eat the same thing day in and day out that it wasn't necessary to log.  Between that and mindless snacking, I am up 2 pounds this week to 204.8.  Sorry no picture.  This weigh in is on me.  I've gotten lax once again with food so time to tighten up the reins and do what I know works.  I had wanted to be down to where I was before I went on vacation in November (186.6) by the time I go to New York (a month away..) but that just isn't gonna happen.  So now I just want to see at least 195 again by then, and that seems a bit more reasonable.  That's 10 pounds in a month. 

Of course, I need to focus on portion control again and WHAT I'm eating and to log everything, even the bad.  I can't keep buying Nutter Butters and think that I'm going to actually drop weight with them in the house.  Because everybody knows that you can't just eat one Nutter Butter.  One leads to twelve.

We've been having a lot of rain here lately and we were unsure as to whether or not we would be able to play our league matches last night up until the last minute.  We finally got the green light to play.  It was a good night on the courts!  As a team, we won 2-1 with both of our doubles teams winning their matches and our singles player lost hers.   My serve was a bit more consistent last night but maybe because of the lack of practices or matches lately, I just felt like it was an "off" night.  I'm glad the other team had an "off" night too and we were able to secure our victory at least.

A post-match victory selfie with Ollie

A teammate and I are playing in a for-realsies tournament this weekend and I'm really excited about it!  There is only 10 people total playing our level - 2.5 (or beginners tennis) so it will probably go pretty fast!  We have our first tournament match this Friday at 5:30 and if we win, we will play Saturday at 8am and then again at 11am!  Wish us luck!

Like any dog mom knows, I had to take about 20 pictures to get a halfway decent one of the above  selfie taken.  Here's a few outtakes from that "attempt".



I love this little doggie so much!  But man, I am exhausted.  I feel like we have a newborn baby and our schedules have been seriously out of whack lately with trying to feel out Ollie and get his needs met and all the cats as well.   Ollie has been a dream but the cats, eh, that's another issue.  I'm sure everything will calm down but its just all the little things.  We bought some baby gates thinking that will allow the cats some 'alone time' from the puppy but 2 out of the 3 don't mind the gates.  Apparently Loki is the lone exception to this and he ended up being scared of the gate and was 'trapped' in our bedroom for a few hours.  We also had a gate in front of the laundry room - which leads to their litter boxes... well, as it happened, apparently we found out that Loki hadn't pottied since the gate went up and the few accidents that we thought Ollie had done, ended up being on Loki's behalf.  Soooo, now ALL the gates are down and when we let Ollie out of his crate, we just have to keep a closer eye on the litter boxes so that Ollie doesn't get a taste for Kitty Poo-Burgers.

We also had an incident with Oz.  We left Ollie's crate door open the night before last and Chris saw that at about 10:30 that night that Oz was "angry pee'ing" on Ollie's bed, crate mat and blanket.  So, we knew that since Ollie was going to need to be crated while we are work, off to Wal-Mart we go to get another bed and mat.

Soooo hopefully everything will calm down and all the animals will start getting used to each other soon.



Oz is the "most interesting cat in the world"  Stay Thirsty, My Friends






21 comments:

  1. Ah...cute pet pics.

    I know that for me some foods I can eat OK in a controlled way outside the house, but I just do better to not bring them in the house at all.... And, I find that tracking really does help me. I do it as I go along during the day and it is a real visual reminder of what I've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty!

      Yes, you are so right. I have trigger foods that I know that aren't good and I just need to get them out of sight!

      Delete
  2. Oh my! Revenge peeing is the worst! I hope everyone gets their "we are the world" on soon :) You are playing some great tennis - my tennis balls are still in the can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to break that can open! (Plus tennis can opening makes an awesome "pop" and I LOVE the smell of fresh tennis balls... lol I know I'm weird!) Hope you guys can get out and play soon! I can't wait to hear all about it!

      Yea, I'm already seeing some improvements with the cats being more tolerant. It's just been a lot of little issues that have been adding up.

      Delete
  3. It just takes time for animals to get used to each other. It took Orion a while to warm up to Koda and now they are seriously inseparable. We lucked out with that.

    And food is so tough. That's kind of why I decided to branch out to the Whole 30 (which is not for everyone and I have no idea if it will work). But tracking wasn't working and I wanted something that was more sustainable. I like the idea of being able to eat good, healthy foods and not track. Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I love that idea too Tiina (healthy and good foods with no tracking!) It's time to purge the bad stuff from my house that is creeping back in.

      Delete
  4. Sorry about the gain :( Good luck with your goal!

    Cute puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with your tennis match, and good luck this weekend! I am obsessed with your pet names--so cute!! And it is definitely true what you say about Nutter Butters, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness i am feeling you on the eating habits front!!!

    and i want to steal your puppy, pretty pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no way, I think I'll keep him! :) Yea, I've definitely been struggling with food here lately.

      Delete
  7. My animals never get along either.

    Good luck getting back on track next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cats are such assholes. LOL

    You can crush the next month. Maybe put up some NYC pics around the house, especially in the kitchen? Maybe that will help when you want to rummage around for an unhealthy snack. Tara and I have to not buy any chunk. If it's not in the house, we can't eat it and we're usually too lazy to go out and get something we might be craving so it works well for us. I hope you find what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they can be sometimes! ha!
      Yea, that's a great idea!

      Delete
  9. Oh no, not the revenge pee! Ugh to that.

    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TOURNAMENT! Not that you need it, but just in case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, revenge pee is the worst! And having to go to walmart at 11pm at night, is equally as bad. We were not too happy with Oz that night!

      Thanks! I'm hoping for no rain but it's not looking good! I wanna play!

      Delete
  10. All of the stress of adjusting pets plus Nutter Butters in the house - every one of us would have gained in that scenario! Hope things settle down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute puppy! And I need to keep using MFP! I know what you mean about it coming back to bite you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, I think we are on the same bizarre dieting rollercoaster aren't we? Between Easter, two birthday celebrations for my husband, a special dinner for my son's straight A's and three days at Disney (also resulting in me not being able to do my normal food prep), I went way off track on my eating! And I can't seem to get back on board. Definitely this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete