Friday, May 22, 2015

Weigh In Wednesday on a Friday

Pretty Strong Medicine

A few days late but trying to get back to a normal routine after returning from NYC!  We had such a good time!

Quickie post here since I have some errands to run today and oh so much laundry to do.

I missed last week's weigh in, so the last time I did so was on May 13th.  I weighed in at 210.2 on that day.  I'm pleased to report that when I weighed in yesterday, I saw 205.0 on the scale.  I LOST WEIGHT - 5.2 pounds -with (a) a knee injury and (b) while on vacation!  What the heck!  That never happens!  I am beyond thrilled though.  I actually was super hyper vigilant with every bite I took while in New York.  I didn't log in My Fitness Pal, but I made healthy choices, ate tons of fruit and veggies and drank plenty of water (thanks to a little awesome facebook accountability group we have).  You ladies kept me on the straight and narrow. 

So on the knee front, I have still been in a lot of pain.  Not so much when walking though, that's what is weird.  Usually when standing still or sitting upright without the leg propped up.  I've been having to ice it every day to try to keep the swelling at bay but it is still swelling pretty badly.  I did schedule and go to an Orthopedic doctor yesterday.  We are now waiting for my insurance to go through to get an MRI done.  So really right now, I have no news yet on what is going on.

And I'm hoping within the next few days to get a post up about our trip to NYC.  Until then, you'll have to ponder if I actually went up into any tall buildings and looked over the edge (I am deathly afraid of heights) and if we saw any celebrities.  If you are my facebook friend, no spoilers!  :P    But I will say this, we had an amazing time.  I only wish that I could have experienced it pain free.  Oh well, that just means I need to go back, eh?!?!

Alrighty these errands aren't gonna run themselves.  Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone! 






24 comments:

  1. The NYC trip did you good! I forget what it's called but yeah, after an injury movement feels good but sitting still doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassi! Yea, hoping I'll get some answers today at the doc. We did the MRI yesterday. We shall see!

      Delete
  2. I'm still in awe that you lost weight in NYC. I could never do that! You're a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo!! A loss? I need a vacation like that!! (minus any injuries though)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! Jealous of your trip. Love New York. Need to go back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still so jealous of your trip, and YAY weight loss! It's all dem veggies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, seriously you are right. Having the veggie and water challenge DURING my trip, honestly I think that made all the difference in the world!

      Delete
  6. Great job on the loss!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!! I'm always impressed when people can make progress on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job and sounds like it was a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! It really was! We had such a good time!

      Delete
  9. A loss! Vacation! You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great weight loss!! Love the pictures, too, and can't wait to hear about the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing job staying on a healthy track on vacation and making smart indulgences! I hope your knee gets sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally understand what you mean when you say whirlwind life! Busy, busy...but at times like this I often review my priorities. And my personal health is always at the top of that list...

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, what a great loss w/ vacation AND an injury! I am super impressed with you, lady!

    ReplyDelete