Thursday, May 28, 2015

Weigh In Wednesday (on a Thursday)

Pretty Strong Medicine

A day late.  It's been crazy in Desiree'-ville lately.  In between doctor's appointments, MRI doings, errands, planning my kiddo's birthday and still having knee issues, it's been a whirl wind since we got back from NYC.

Anyway, I weighed in yesterday morning at 204.4, which is a loss of .6.  I wish it was more, but I'll definitely take it! 

Since I've been basically non-existent with the exercise here lately because of my knee, I've really been working on watching my food intake and what I've been eating.  I haven't been tracking in MFP though.  I'm still kinda on the fence about tracking.  I know I should do it but I eat the same thing pretty much all the time and I tracked religiously for 2 years.  I'm trying the 'common sense' approach I guess.

I do have a follow up appointment this afternoon with my doctor and I will ask what I can do as far as exercise for now.  I did have an MRI yesterday too so hopefully he will be going over that with me and hoping it's nothing serious.  The doctor did prescribe some antibiotics last week and that seems to be helping with the redness/swelling of the knee.  Maybe it was just the inflammation that was causing the pain?  Who knows.  It does feel better though but I still don't quite feel comfortable going to play a match or anything on it right now.   

Mr. Skinny Geek is fully on board with the eating healthy thing now and we managed to hit up our local fruit and veggie stand/farmer's market this weekend.  We now have fruit and veggies for days.  Oh and I'm about to say something I never ever thought I'd ever say.  Chris made some Brussels sprouts the other day (he is the only one in the family who eats them.) but he cut them in half and baked them with some Parmesan cheese and garlic powder (it may have been something else, I was resisting the urge to vomit because.. Brussels sprouts).  Anyway after they came out of the oven, they actually didn't smell too terribly bad.  He made me pinky promise that I would try one.  After much resistance, I finally caved.  I ate it and it was tolerable.   I won't say I'll actively break out the Brussels sprouts for a meal, but I may eat a few bites here and there.  So yea, adventures in eating! 


I also discovered this deliciousness this past week.  Only 160 calories too.  I can't drink more than one at a time (it is very sweet) but I did like it!


And finally here's some animal pics.  Oh Mr. Ollie is about to be in obedience training in a few weeks.  It is time.  My slippers have fallen victim.


My sweet Lo Lo bear

Cutest frog legs ever!

He has too much mouth and tongue

Aww
And finally, I want to wish my sweet lovely daughter, Devyn a very happy 21st birthday!  I can't believe I'm old enough to have a 21 year old!



21 comments:

  1. Yay for a loss!

    And my pittie loves sitting frog legs! I wish I were as flexible as her :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiina! I love the frog legs too! I wish I was that flexible too!

      Delete
  2. Woohoo for the loss! I discovered the magic of roasted brussels sprouts recently, and they're so good even my husband will eat them. I may or may not have made a huge plate of them as my dinner one night (hey, there are worse things to overindulge on, amiright?). I have such a love-hate relationship with tracking; right now, it's an absolute must for me, but I like to think that one day I'll be able to maintain my weight without tracking every morsel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! Absolutely, a plate full of Brussels sprouts is better than a plateful of potato chips!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Devyn! You're definitely braver than I am with Brussels sprouts...I don't think they can ever smell good enough to come near my mouth LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY For a loss with no working out. Here's hoping the doctor figures evertything out and you can play tennis again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I "heart" frog legs!! So impressed that you are keeping up with your healthy eating and trying new things, given everything else you are dealing with. I am always teasing Millie that her lips are too big - she just stares at me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Yea, Ollie has so much extra mouth/lips/tongue. When he lays down upside down he has huge gaps and his mouth flops to each side. LOL

      Delete
  6. Great job on losing while injured! I love Brussel sprouts. :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your little girl ;) (not so little now)
    I hope your knee gets better soon. My knee has been sort of troublesome too.
    I lost 100 grams last week .2...so your's is certainly better. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I passionately hated brussels sprouts for years. (I almost choked once as a kid trying to swallow them whole) Then I tried them roasted (butter, olive oil, and salt) and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try with the butter, oil and salt too. The first time Chris made them, I tolerated it but he made them again last night and I gagged. Blurgh.

      Delete
  9. Yay for your loss and happy birthday to your daughter!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any loss with your activity restricted the way it is a good one! Way to go and good job with the veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy bday to Dev, how exciting! AND WOW, ALL THE FRUITS AND VEGGIES! Go you for trying brussel sprouts; I will admit that I have never had them, I am too scared--but they are my father-in-law's fave food!

    ReplyDelete