Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Blogging hiatus

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in for a bit and say something that has been rumbling around in my mind for a while now. 

I think the blog needs to go on the backburner for a bit.  My heart just isn't in it at the moment.  I feel like I'm always trying to come up with things to post and I'm just not really feeling it.  I read somewhere that the average lifespan of a blog is 2 years and maybe because I'm at the 2 and a half year mark... I dunno. 

I'm going to still be around on social media here and there (Instagram mainly) and (hopefully) active in my Lovely Ladies Losing It facebook super-mega-awesome group but as far as the blog is concerned I'm going to batten down the hatches for a bit and shift my focus back to where I need it to be.

I want to seriously thank each and every one of you who have commented or read any of my posts here.  This blog was created initially just for a way for me to journal my thoughts and feelings when I began my journey.  I had no idea in the process that I would actually have a following and have met some salt-of-the-earth, great friends in the process.  So THANK YOU.  From the bottom of my geeky heart!

Much love.

Desiree'


14 comments:

  1. Totally understand. Even cutting mine back to once a week it's a struggle to find things to talk about. I'll miss you here, but I'll keep an eye on IG for you're pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand and am going to miss you! So glad I have you on Facebook and Insta! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we just need a blogging break, i have totally been there. Maybe during this break you can find a different direction to go creatively.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right there with ya! My goal for July is to try and post at least once a week....whereas last year I was hitting 5/5. I'm likely changing jobs soon and won't have the time to blog in addition to time for working out. Somethings going to have to give.

    luckily I'm pretty good about stalking you on instagram ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally get it...I have things to write about I just don't feel like it......We always have FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adding you to my instagram.. right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am grateful for this blog because it meant we all got to meet you. :) Enjoy your break! (No matter how long it may be)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Focus on you!!! And if/when you return I'll be here!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your needed rest from here!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely understand! If it hadn't been for Tuesdays on the Run, I'd have had a couple of months of silence on mine recently. I hope you'll stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww girl hugs!! You KNOW I know how you feel, I am perpetually taking breaks. It is YOUR blog, you can come back or take a break anytime you want. You're such an inspiration to me and I am so thankful to have met you! You know you'll never get rid of me as long as there is FB and IG! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I TOTALLY get it. I only post on weigh-in Wednesdays and even those are half-ass. Ugh. I get it!

    ReplyDelete