Monday, November 2, 2015

Weekly Recap


Linking up once again for Weekly Wrap by HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for my weekly recap.


A pretty good week activity wise.

Sunday - Walking for 38 minutes
Monday -Walking for 45 minutes; (not pictured) Bowling for 60 minutes
Tuesday - Elliptical for 30 minutes; Strength Training for 18 minutes and a tennis match lasting 1h 21m
Wednesday - Tennis round robin for 1h 40 minutes
Thursday - Walking for 40 minutes
Friday - Walking for 50 minutes
Saturday - (not pictured) marching in place for 30 minutes (stupid rain)




The good: Made it to the gym to do strength training!
The bad:  Only once though
The ugly:  We won't even mention how bad the eating and drinking was this week.  I won't even divulge how many Reese's PB cups I ate and I've got to get my head back in the game with food and slow my roll down with alcohol.  I've mostly switched my beloved beer to only wine because it's less calories and I usually get more bang for my buck with wine.  I have actually been thinking of going back to what I was doing at the beginning (almost 3 years exactly coming up on the 7th) and only allow Friday's to be my drinking day.  Like New Edition said, I've got to Cool It Now, Slow It Down.  <sigh>

Also Saturday (doing laundry of all things...) I managed to tweak my lower back.  I've been moaning and groaning since then.  It feels a little better today.  The true test will be tonight at bowling.  If it hurts too bad, I will stop.  I have a late match tomorrow night (8pm ugh) so hopefully it will be completely better by then as well.

We kept the weekend pretty low key around the house since it was rainy just about all day Saturday and Sunday.  I finally got around to watching all the Evil Dead movies (I know, I'm a horrible geek to have never seen them).  Evil Dead 2 was my favorite.  Just couldn't get into Army of Darkness (suddenly all the geeks in the world let out a collective gasp, I know!)  But I did enjoy Ash Vs. Evil Dead on Starz.  

We also had ZERO trick or treaters again this year.  I'm seriously heartbroken about this.  I want to move so badly to a big neighborhood.  Maybe in the next year or two.  The rest of the weekend was basically doing housework and playing Diablo until The Walking Dead came on.

Here's some random pics from the rest of the week/weekend.

Beautiful sunset heading to tennis on Tuesday

Showing off my new tennis court shoes to Ollie

Ollie's 2nd costume to hand out candy to trick or treaters  (Spoiler alert, we had none!  boo)


This is very much me today
The good news is that the amazing and awesome ladies in our FB group have started a new challenge and I'm all in.  We have roughly 50 or so days until Christmas and hoping to rack up some serious exercise mileage between now and then.  Also I'm thinking of doing a 30 day squat / plank challenge as well.

How was your week and your Halloween?  Did you dress up or do anything fun over the weekend?   Tell me about it! 

13 comments:

  1. I love Ollie's costume! :) I like Evil Dead and I liked the remake too :) We handed out candy at my sisters, only got about 40 trick or treaters, but it was still fun :) I love challenges. They really seem to help me stay on track :) Good luck with yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! Yea I may have to go to my mom's neighborhood to hand out candy next year. I'm done with my neighborhood I think!

      Delete
  2. Sucks about your back--hope it feels better quickly! I totally fell asleep during Army of Darkness. Twice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dang laundry will get you every time! LOL. I swear it's what caused my tennis elbow. Seriously. You had a really active week! My downfall is Margaritas (and well the accompanying Mexican food too). They are just loaded with calories. I'm so bummed you didn't have any trick or treaters! Ollie was all dressed up so cute too! I bought no Halloween candy because I didn't think we would be at home. We were. Oops. But at least I have no guilt from eating too much of it. I hope you have a great week Desiree and I appreciate you linking up with us again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, I think I need to dole out laundry responsibilities so that I'm not the only one getting injured! LOL

      Margaritas are my downfall too. And beer. And wine. And Whisky Sours... sigh

      Delete
  4. You should do trunk or treat cuz then you'd have lots of trick or treators. I've kept my drinking to Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Basically the weekend. I work out pretty hard so I haven't gained weight but I haven't lost either. Haha! Estherdavison@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I hear ya there. LOL. I think I can back it down to 2 days and see how it goes.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE the look on Ollie's face. He looks less than impressed with his outfit. Sucks about the trick or treaters. We were at my in laws and they got a nice amount. One of the boys was super into handing out hte candy which was fun!
    You're going to rein in your eating and crush it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yea, he was wondering why we weren't going walkies and he was getting dressed up. He gets so excited when we go out. I think he was wondering why we weren't leaving the house and staying inside!

      Yep that I will!

      Delete
  6. I love your workout schedule, what is this from? An app maybe? You had a great active week! How fun bowling, I have bowled in forever although I enjoy it. Loved Ollie costume but a bummer you didn't have trick or treaters. If it makes ya feel any better we never get them at home either. I was in New Orleans for Halloween, saw lots of ummm things maybe I shouldn't have lol. I with you on laying off the drinking, lol maybe I'll shoot for next weekend, Ha Thanks so much for joining us again this week! I do hope you'll continue. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually from my garmin connect website, rather than the app.

      Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  7. It's so hard to stay on track with eating healthy between now and New Year's really. Too many temptations! I love Ollie's costume. Too bad you didn't have any trick or treaters. We had less than 10 trick or treaters and lots of candy left over.

    ReplyDelete