Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekly Recap


Linking up once again with HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap.



This week was much, much better than the week before both with food and exercise.   I'd say I logged about 75% in MFP this week.  I definitely could have done better there but overall my eating wasn't too bad.  Also cut way, way back on the alcohol so hopefully I will see some of this good effort reflecting on the scale on Wednesday.  But then again, T.O.M. is practically here so that may hamper things.  How soon can menopause start?  I'm really quite ready.  Any day now...

Sunday - 37 minutes walking
Monday - 60 minutes bowling (not pictured)
Tuesday - 1 hour 26 minute tennis match
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - 35 minutes elliptical; 20 minutes strength training
Friday - 19 minutes walking
Saturday - 3 hours and 37 minutes tennis match (2 full matches, actually)






That top right pic (above) really set me for a loop.  I am 30 pounds heavier exactly from my lowest which was a year ago.  This past year has definitely been the year of laziness and lack of effort.  All the good habits that I had started all fell by the wayside and bad habits and lack of effort started overtaking everything.  I am slowly feeling the motivation come back.  I think if I can string together a few good workouts and eating and let that take hold, I can get back on the right track and fully commit (again)

I want to get back to this:

and this (the one on the right)
The rest of the week was mostly uneventful.  We had off Wednesday in honor of Veteran's day so I decided to set up the appointment for Ollie to be interviewed at a local Camp Bow Wow (doggie day care and boarding).  I want to have this option when it is too wet to be able to give him an opportunity to socialize and play and get some of that puppy energy out when he gets cooped up for too long.  Maybe about once every two weeks or so and we will still take him several times to the park for our adventures there too.   Anyway, he passed the interview with flying colors and I let him stay for a bit to check things out for a few hours.

A screenshot of him being completely overwhelmed by the number of dogs!  He settled down though and played a good bit.  He was so tired when he got home!

Oh a flower you say, I think I'll eat it...

Giving Daddy some kissies

And the look on my brother in law's face is priceless!  He is not a dog person, but Ollie thinks everyone is dog people

Even if I make him wear clothes.
I also met with my mom and aunt this weekend and organized our Thanksgiving menu and got all the grocery shopping done.  3 turkeys this year!  I'm already looking forward to it!  And picked up a few Christmas presents.  It's a start at least!

I'll try to talk about last weeks matches tomorrow for Tennis Tuesday if I can.  Hope everyone had a great week.  Paris and the rest of the world will remain in my thoughts today.


24 comments:

  1. I think I am Ollie fan:) he is too cute.
    I have been there, seen a picture when I was 25 lbs. heaver and it finally got me going to work on it. I gained a lot when i was younger and pictures could motivate or make me spiral, but I learned not to beat my self up. Celebrate what you are doing so good at.
    You are working on it! That is a lot of tennis and a great burn. I always remind myself each meal is a new start :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm totally an Ollie fan too. :D

      Yep, you are exactly right. 30 pounds higher or not, I'm still doing a lot more activity than I used to do (which was none!) So I'm at least ahead of the game in that aspect. Now to get the rest of it going back in the right direction!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That is a LOT of tennis! What great cardio too. Your Ollie is adorable, especially dressed up. I would be so nervous to take my dogs on an interview for Camp Bow Wow. I don't think they would pass! They are a little nutty. I am thankful my MIL still cooks Thanksgiving dinner so I have it pretty easy, except for clean-up duty. I appreciate you linking with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doing great with all that cardio!!! Doggy Daycare is wonderful for dogs! Especially the ones that think they are humans. Lol. It's good for them to be around other dogs 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! Yes, Ollie thinks he is a people and Chris says he is spoiled but I don't think that ;)

      Delete
  4. So glad you found something like tennis that you enjoy. Staying active is hard enough we got to make it at least enjoyable right? You'll get back there where you want to be. Just keep plugging along. I'm totally an Ollie fan too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 turkeys!?!?! That's impressive. I can't believe Thanksgiving is already practically here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, well technically 2 are for Thanksgiving day actually. The other one we split between family for leftovers :)

      Delete
  6. I hear ya on menopause. I'm over 40, Ive had a tubal, I'm ready to be done with this shark week bs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love our weekly dose of Ollie pics. :) Are all 3 turkeys going to be different? Very curious to hear about your Thanksgiving feast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! No, all the same (fried). My dad does it that way and has for about 20 years now. Long gone are the days of staying up all night and smoking the turkey!

      Delete
  8. Ollie Pup is living a glorious life....I adore all his expressions :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's a lot of tennis time! Great week of staying busy and active! You will get back down to your goal weight. We all have periods of time where it's easy to get off track. Don't let it discourage you from moving forward. You did it once, you'll do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing post dear! You have a wonderful blog:)
    What about following each other on Instagram, bloglovin, Twitter?.. :)

    www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can definitely get back there! Focus on remembering how good you felt there and work toward it! I am constantly amazed at how differently my body feels with this extra weight. I want that awesome energy back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing your dog. He's got such a personality!

    I am so impressed with all your tennis! It looks SO hard to me...all that intense running in short bursts!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

    ReplyDelete