Monday, November 9, 2015

Weekly Recap


Linking up once again with HoHo Runs and MissSippi Piddlin.


To call this an off week, is no understatement.  Tuesday was fantastic.  Motivation was riding high after my 3 year fitversary blog post.  And then I get "the call".  The call that you always dread receiving.  Dad was taking mom to the hospital.  She had her gall bladder out the Thursday before and developed some sharp pains in her abdomen complete with vomiting, nausea, shortness of breath and the works.  They admitted her and there she stayed for 3 days.  The diagnosis was diverticulitis (sp?), dehydration, a U.T.I and also her lungs were not expanding completely.  So many antibiotics later and she is FINALLY feeling much, much better I am happy to report and at home and resting.

So yea that sort of turned the whole week on its head.  I also found out a good friends brother passed away so its been a tough week.


Sunday - rest day
Monday - 30 minute walk; 60 minutes bowling (not pictured)
Tuesday - 15 minute walk; 1 hour 32 minute match
Wednesday - nada
Thursday - nope
Friday - nothing
Saturday -zilch

Monday

Tuesday
 
So yea, tough week with exercise.

The good - better choices with eating with the exception of all the stress eating in the world happening on Wednesday
The bad - the lack of food tracking on MFP this week
The ugly - There was definitely time that I could have squeezed some exercise in.  Saturday before the funeral/services I could have done something.  Friday, I was just lazy.  Thursday after we got mom, home I could have done something too.  So yea.

Also one more thing of note.  Our tennis team is in the lead for the fall league play!



Here's some pics from the rest of the week.

Co-worker and I working on squats

Dreadful weigh in on Wednesday.  Ouch.
Sunday we went and took pics with Santa.  Before our picture, we decided to go walk the pup around the park and let him burn some energy.  It has been raining off and on here for the last 2 weeks so he's been cooped up and restless. 




He got so sleepy after the walk and playtime that he actually laid down in a gymnasium full of other dogs and cats!


Sunday after the doggie pictures, Chris and I went to meet some friends for lunch.  Steve (pictured in the middle.. below) lives in Reno but his brother passed away last week so he was down for the services and dealing with all the arrangements.  John (on the right and my bff) and I went to the funeral Saturday and was hoping we could spend some time catching up with Steve in a non-funeral setting.  We are so glad we were able to meet him for lunch yesterday and spend some time talking about the good-ole days.   The 3 of us worked together at Siegen Village 10 movie theater some 23 years ago (yikes, I'm old).

You ever have one of those jobs that you always look back on fondly and love?  We have a zillion stories of people, events, movies that we just had a blast reminiscing about.   We spent about 2 and a half hours in the restaurant just talking and visiting.  It was really good to catch up.  Just sorry for the reason that he was down here.


So that's my week.  I'm not scheduled to play in a match on Tuesday so I'm hoping to start getting more regular with the YMCA again.  I mean, I'm paying for it, may as well go!

Hope you all have a great week!

20 comments:

  1. At least you were able to control the stress eating. And so glad your mom is doing better. Love the Ollie pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a tough week, it is hard to stay on track with everything worrying you! Don't look back, just forward, and hopefully you will feel better the end of this week :)
    Your pooch is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I hope this week will be better also.

      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad your mom is doing better. My husband worked at a movie theater in college, and he is the exact same way when he gets with old theater friends! Good for you for making better choices despite the crazy week. Here's to a new start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey some weeks are like that don't they seem to just snowball too. Chalk it up and this week is a new week! I'm so very glad your mom is doing better though I bet that is a great relief! Squats at work, yes ma'am when I participated in a squat challenge I would go to the bathroom and get mine in. lol Got to do what you got to do right! I'm so glad you are making it a habit of joining us for Weekly Wrap! Make this week a great one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your tennis team. That is wonderful! I'm glad to hear your Mom is recovering nicely. I know that must have been a very scary time. Everyone has bad weeks so don't beat yourself up about it. Sometimes you've got to deal with life. Stressful and emotional things zap your energy too. Your puppy is so cute. Is that a Christmas bow tie he is wearing? I appreciate you linking with us again! I hope you have an easier week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your poor Mother! Glad she's feeling better! What a crazy week! Love how patient your pup is being waiting for Santa!! :) Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! He wasn't so patient when we actually got in there to take the pic! He decided he wasn't having it!

      Delete
  7. I am so glad your mom is doing better! I love hearing about your visit with your friend. I haven't been gone from Hell Hole that long, but really miss my old coworkers. Whenever we all see one another we always reminisce on the crazy stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, old friends and co-workers are a special mix of friend indeed.

      Delete
  8. There will be weeks like you just had (sad to say)...it's life. But you navigated it pretty good. Could you have done more? Only you know that? But you didn't totally fall off that wagon so I look at it as a success!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your mom is recovery well. I'm sure that was quite a scare. Sorry to hear about your friend's brother. Sometimes life gets in the way. I wouldn't stress it too much. You'll pick right back up once things settle down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad your mom is feeling better! It was a horrible week, so it's understandable things don't look quite the way you wanted. I hope this week is better!

    ReplyDelete