Saturday, December 26, 2015

42 or 2016, a look ahead (aka goals for the next year)

I'm hoping to do a pretty large post on Christmas soon but I woke up feeling a bit of inspiration and I wanted to get all these thoughts down first. 


If you've read any Douglas Adams and specifically "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", you already  know that the answer to life, the universe and everything is the number 42.  It also happens to be the age I'm turning next July. 

My ultimate big goal for next year would be to drop 42.  That will also put me 10 pounds lower than the weight that previously has eluded me for so long now.  (I could never get below 186). 

Currently as of this morning I'm at 218.  If I lose 42, that will make my goal 176 by December 31st, 2016.  Of course, I'd love to lose more and I will make smaller goals to go along with this but for now I want my eyes on one big goal.  #42  I will hashtag the crap out of 42.  And I will not misplace my towel either (get it?)

Speaking of the Hitchhiker's Guide, do you know who voiced Marvin the robot?  Warwick Davis played him but he was voiced by our very own Lovely Ladies mascot, Alan Rickman.  :)

And now I will leave you with a few pictures that I was tagged in over the Christmas holiday which is helping to spur this on. 



And the universe is telling me something.  We went all "A Christmas Story" last night and ordered Chinese food.  This was my fortune. 

It says, "Dwelling on the negative simply contributes to its power"
2016 is going to be the year.  But I'm not waiting til then to start.  Putting on the gym clothes now and walking out the door.

#42


16 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome!! (Though I did not read the book, ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dog....OMG. Too cute for words. I know, I feel like 2016 is going to be our year. We need to come up with some good LLL goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that book! And sounds like a really nice goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! *waves* I've just found your blog and it's awesome! You caught me with your talk about my favourite book in the whole Universe, The Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy! It sounds like you are completely capable of losing 42 before the end of 2016! that dog is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to reread those books. I was 10 and my brother was 23 and really into them so I read them (or maybe just the first one) but I'm pretty sure most of it went over my head.
    I Love the idea of #42! I turn 42 in October and I may join you in it! I don't have a number to lose, more like refocusing and getting back to a healthier relationship with food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read the book, but never actually watched the movie. Now that I know Alan is in it, of course I've got to read it. :) You're going to rock #42!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! Gonna be an awesome '42' year for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!!! I have a milestone (cough 40) birthday in less than 60days and still chugging along with just staying ahead of the game and scale!
    I didn't track on Christmas day, but I'm now on day2 of my uber-tracking-low-carb-sugar-detox to start the new year off right! (that would be one heck of a hashtag, huh? )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great goal :)
    I love Ollie's picture lol
    42 sounds young btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome goal, and loving all the hitch hikers references!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great goal! And I love that you have an easy hash tag to track it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous fortune. Those are words of wisdom! Looking forward to a positive 2016, right along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. #42, you are going to KILL it this year!! And omg OLLIE IS SO CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm all about the smaller goals. If I think about how much I need to lose I may get depressed and eat a cookie.

    ReplyDelete